Wife used Season ticket card on SWT trains **RESOLVED BEFORE COURT**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3644 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello there.

Have a re-read of Old-CodJA's advice further up the thread. He has 30+ years' experience of prosecutions in the rail industry. I notice that he has recommended seeing a criminal lawyer, which doesn't happen all that often on this forum.

Having seen various threads over the years, if OC says to consult a criminal lawyer, that is what I would do personally. You may find that the initial interview is enough.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

• 1 month later...

An update on this.

The case is now closed.

we both attended interviews, did as was suggested here and were honest about the situation.

This was followed up with the letter that has been suggested in so many threads previously. My season ticket was returned within a few days.

Within a few days my wife also called up the Prosecutions Department and long and short we were offered an out of court settlement.

for the record, they would have intended to prosecute with the Section 5 Intent to Avoid a Fare charge,

which is what incurs the criminal record, so we are very glad we have been able to resolve this.

Won't pretend that it was not a stressful period for both of us, and my wife was very remorseful of what occurred,

but the only advice (which has been reiterated many times here) we can give is to be truthful and not too worry TOO much.

Follow the advice on the forum and specifically if you get invited to interviews (not a lot of advice here around this), simply be straightforward and honest.

PACE interviews are a standard process and there to protect the person being interviewed as well as allowing the prosecution team to clarify events and evidence.

It's not the Sweeney. Stick to the facts.

Many thanks to most of the advice that's been received, especially Old-codJA.

Hopefully this is helpful advice to others in this position.

I've seen a few other similar postings recently.

great great news

i'll mark the thread too

well done everyone

and thanks for coming back to tell us!!

well done!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 10 months later...
An update on this.

The case is now closed.

we both attended interviews, did as was suggested here and were honest about the situation.

This was followed up with the letter that has been suggested in so many threads previously. My season ticket was returned within a few days.

Within a few days my wife also called up the Prosecutions Department and long and short we were offered an out of court settlement.

for the record, they would have intended to prosecute with the Section 5 Intent to Avoid a Fare charge,

which is what incurs the criminal record, so we are very glad we have been able to resolve this.

Won't pretend that it was not a stressful period for both of us, and my wife was very remorseful of what occurred,

but the only advice (which has been reiterated many times here) we can give is to be truthful and not too worry TOO much.

Follow the advice on the forum and specifically if you get invited to interviews (not a lot of advice here around this), simply be straightforward and honest.

PACE interviews are a standard process and there to protect the person being interviewed as well as allowing the prosecution team to clarify events and evidence.

It's not the Sweeney. Stick to the facts.

Many thanks to most of the advice that's been received, especially Old-codJA.

Hopefully this is helpful advice to others in this position.

I've seen a few other similar postings recently.

Hi. Thank you for posting your update on this. I'm reading a lot of these cases as I'm in the same predicament, and beside myself with worry. I'll follow your advice. Would you mind me asking how much your out-of-court settlement was for? thank you.