• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

tooth fairy finance and ndr another one

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4104 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey guys i don't know if anyone can help. I haven't a clue about debt collectors, agencies etc and i am finding it a little over whelming ! I did something very stupid back in November and took out at loan with tooth-fairy finance for 450 pounds. I missed the repayment date as i was a way my own fault really. There was no contact on their part bar one email when i got back home stating that they have emailed me and phone me etc which they hadn't and because i haven't contacted them my case has been passed to NDR, i rang up tooth fairy finance who then stated my debt had been passed on to NDR like the email and they will speak to NDR now and arrange a repayment plan. They said its either 100 pounds a month or 1000 pounds upfront or they'll take me to court there and then, me being naive and feeling pressured into it agreed to the 100 pounds a month because they wouldn't received any less and i was told that i would end up court paying more and having bailiffs round if i don't. Now its come to the point where they've cut my hours at work and i can not afford the 100 pounds a month anymore and they are refusing to help. Please help me im at my wits end i know its my own fault for getting in this situation but i am trying to sort out my issues now.

You fell right into their trap.

As for DCA's they have NO legal rights unless they own the debt. You only owe the original loan, original contracted interest and a single default fee. Let them try and justify any other silly charges they put on the debt.

Regarding repayments, repayments are to be made according to YOUR financial circumstances and on YOUR terms. Not whatever silly amount the lender tries and says.

I would advise you file a formal complaint with the regulator ( Office of Fair Trading). Others will say to write a letter to Toothfairy, but they very rarely answer mail, and when they do, they just threaten you and lie.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Thanks for your reply!

Tell me about it, im so stressed from it all. In regard to trying to set up a new repayment plan would i email NDR instead of phone call in hope of a response and for proof in case? And i will raise a complaint with Office of Fair Trading. I cant keep up this game anymore. I have seen many people commenting on and seeing that they have not taken them to court yet.

Take it from me. Theres no need to be stressed at all about this bunch of idiots. Have a good read of some of the stories on this forum, you'll frown, but you will laugh when you read the threads that expose this company for what it really is.

You can try these things for repayment.

Keep calm and send 1-2 letters a week with either free proof of posting or by recorded delivery and demand a repayment plan on your terms to pay the amount you LEGITIMATELY owe. Keep any money you have for repaying the debt in your bank, ready to send to them when they confirm the plan.

Get a postal order for your payment and deduct the cost of the PO and stationary used from the total debt owing, then send it them with a letter stating that. This is an idea from one of CAG's site admins, and it works well, making the lender take notice fairly fast.

If you already have Toothfairies Bank details, send them your repayments by standing order only from your bank, and notify them after each transaction. Make sure to keep the bank statement or reciept as proof of the money being sent.

One thing that you have to remember, even though they refuse repayment plans, they are not allowed, BY LAW, to refuse any form of valid payment towards the debt owed ;)

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

It's been a while since I been on here (before xmas i think) - and those Toothfairy idiots are still in business?!!

I've had a so called 'debt' for nearly 2 years now and have been paying £1 a month until £354 has been deposited to them (still got a long way to go until its payed off) yet I was still getting e-mails and threats of bailiffs and court, but i can tell you that after nearly 2 years they have not carried out a single threat...

Ironically I have not heard from them at all so far this year - I told them the only way they can contact me is throuh writting as I have blocked any of their calls to come through.

I had a little look ealier and apparently i now owe them £3101. Well they know for sure that they wont get a penny more than £354 from me (original amount plus 1 month interest)... the secret is to play stubborn with them as they know they have no legal legs to stand on! Get in touch with the FOS and eventually you will speak to one 'Joseph xxxxxxx' one of the directors of the organisation (though i am convinced this was not his true identity and that they all hide behind 'stage names').

Oh also, has anyone noticed, that their APR has gone up from 2750% to over 5000% now?... hmmm...

Edited by alanfromderby
:jaw::mad2::jaw: