DLA.... is it worth the stress?

Fleur007
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4075 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I applied for DLA on 12th Dec 2012 after spending over 6 months "signed off from work" due to Plantar Facilitis and Heel spurs.I am not able to walk or stand up without pain. I went to the Doc's with this 18 months ago, ive had steroid injections, Lithotripsy treatment for 4 wks, x rays, ultra sound, the whole shabang....I am now waiting for PRP injection, if this does not work, my consultant says its MRI scan and the dreaded surgery, to release my Plantar...I had a visit from the DLA Doctor last thursday 22 March, 3 months after my application! I read on the web about PF and HS and it says, its a condition, that "just goes away", lol, my consultant however says i have a resistant case. I am used to working, not claiming benefits!!!! I want to work, but am faced with DLA Doc, checking my arms to see if im a drug user, looking around my home to see if im a liar. Unable to earn my own money and rely on benefits, ESA at £70 pw, forced to pay a bedroom tax for a room that cannot fit a bed, wardrobe and chest of drawers (a boxroom) and council tax! in April... how am i supposed to live on what i'll have left? How am I supposed to work, when I cannot walk :(...I also have a teenage Autistic Daughter, she helps. But im supposed to be helping her. How do these benefit changes help folk like me? the folk the changes are aimed at, will still drive their Mercedes, wear their labels and have their I phones....and the folk who need dla will not get it, to pay for the others.....:mad2:

Fleur x

ty consumer dude, ive not had a reply yet, i only had the assessment on last thursday.... I just was saying it feels like a waste of time. I know its for how the condition affects a person, just wondered why the Doc checks arms to see if they are a drug user? And how a 60 min visit can go towards the decision makers decision!!!! I read online how the Doc's check for eye contact, and state of home and yourself on the visit, if you appear anxious or worried etc.... how is that looking at the condition itself?

sorry to read that Nystagmite, :( The Doc told me ALL claims now have to have an assessment... prolly cause of the new rules and the change from dla to pip.... i did ask if id have to go through this all again in April, to which i was told, i wouldnt. I know ive waited a long time, they asked for a report from my Consultant, who was in India at the time for 3 weeks, then my GP, who rang me and asked me to come in to fill in the forms??? which i did with a HCA.... It has been a long wait. I know there is millions worse off than me. I just want to be able to walk and go back to work..... not go through this ......... (i didnt swear) :p