Been hoodwinked by KwikFit - A cautionary tale - RESOLVED

42man
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4035 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Having used KwikFit for the last 20 odd years I was a little too trusting today....I needed 2 new front tyres, looked up the price and it said this (and indeed I have just checked again and it is saying the same price below !!). Not only that but another very local tyre company were quoting the same price (online price from the other company WASN'T an internet offer either.... Fine I thought.....

This is what KwikFit were stating on their web site

Make Model Tyre Size Price Quantity Total Continental Premium Contact 2

215/55H18 £140.00

£280.00 Standard Valve £4.75 2 £9.50 Wheel Balancing £6.75 2 £13.50 Environmental Tyre Disposal £1.50 2 £3.00 Total £306.00

When arriving there the chap said i'll check your alignment too and it would take about an hour, I said ok fine.....

I got back and he said it had all been done, it came to paying in the office, and he started showing me diagrams of my wheel alignment (which didn't mean a lot to me to be honest).

He tapped the screen a few times and I could have sworn he said £409.....I paid and only AFTER I paid did he print off the receipt, slipped it in a nice KwikFit enevelope, and as I was in a rush to get back on my 4 hour journey into the snow I didn't check the bill...I get home a couple of hours ago and the receipt shows this

Tyres 2 (exactly as named above) - £191 each x 2 = £382:00

WHEEL BALANCE x 2 @ £6.75 = £13:50

ECO TYRE DISPOSAL x 2 = £3:00

NITROGEN INFLATION x 2 @ £1:50 = £3:00

VALVE x 2 @ £4.75 = £9:50

CHECK & FRONT ADJUST = £39;95

REAR TOE ADJUST = £19:95

REAR CAMBER ADJUST = £19;95

TOTAL COST £490.85 an increase of way over 50% and not only have they 'inflated' (excuse the pun) the price of the tyres by £38 EACH they have the nerve to also add on all the extras too....

Needless to say I am more than a little peeved about this, I have never been ripped off like this before, especially so as you build up a certain amount of trust with a company like this after a number of years....

I will not be using this company again and will go to a local supplier, all I can say is get them to quote whilst you are there, if they ask about anything you aren't sure of then ask them how much it will cost.......otherwise stay well clear and support a smaller business.

I don't use any Big Garages or Large Tyre outlets: designed to rip people off... I have a company car and the lease company use Kwick Quid.. sorry Kwick Fit. they sure do rip off the lease company with unnecessary work. :mad2:

I use small garages with good reps for work on the wife's car. Good Luck.:|

Abbey Settled 3,600:cool:

Just started battle with

EGG

Virgin CC

Abbey

MBNA

Agree with that - our fleet provider uses Kwik Fit for tyres and it doesn't matter how minimal the damage - it HAS to be a new tyre!

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

I've just sent a message on their website....we'll see what they say

Hi there,

it's Andy from Kwik Fit here. I just wanted to confirm that we have received your complaint.

Our CS team is now investigating it and will be in touch directly.

Kind regards,

Andy

Well Andy is on the case, we have every confidence in you !! LOL:|

oh and Andy isn't a real person he is a virtual person so to speak...!!

Abbey Settled 3,600:cool:

Just started battle with

EGG

Virgin CC

Abbey

MBNA

This should be good :)

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

• 2 weeks later...

Had a call from KwikFit on Thursday, They are sending me a refund for the cost difference of the tyres and the added 'bits', not too concerned about the alignment aspect as it needed doing, BUT they didn't tell me what the price of alignment would be before carrying it out, and I didn't realise that it was an extra cost. So bill is reduced from £490 to £400 which I am happy to accept.

:whoo: Told you it'd be good :)
Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

What sort of Jeep have you got Surfer ?

We have got a '55 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Very pleased with it and gets over 24mpg towing a caravan and up to 32mpg on a long trip. A lot less obviously if I give it gas which is often. :-)

And that is the forfeit for me not being able to get cheaper tyres as my current car does 55-60MPG and has 18" alloy wheels, although I have owned a Cherokee and a Wrangler in the past...

I remember thinking how cheap 4x4 tyres are/were....I replaced 4 (BFGoodrch A-T tyres) on my Jeep for £56 each !! (about 15 years ago)

Now the same tyres would set you back at least £200 each, however they are excellent.