Being denied the ability to return goods supplier recommended when they weren't and being denied

CocoMangle
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4053 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

New to the forum and looking for some advice with this situation that i've found myself in.

I have a car that i use for track day events and i decided to buy some racing seats for it with the appropriate fitting kit for my car. I sent an email to the supplier to ask for advice on the type of fitting kit required to go with the seats that i wanted and he kindly told me what i needed and he would provide me a package deal.

After purchasing the items and getting around to installing, it turns out that the fitting kit for my car is not a direct bolt on unit as i was sold upon. There are further modifications to be made that i was not made aware of that require metal fabrication. If that was known at the time then i would have save the £200+ in fitting kit costs and just had the seats fitted that was in the first place. What the hell was the need for a fitting kit then!?

When i called the supplier i was told that when i purchased the fitting kit i would have been told this and no member of staff would forget to say this as it's a family business and they all know what they are doing. Hilarious! I was also told that the fitting kit could not be returned as per comments on their website. I explained that i spoke to a member of staff on the phone and never purchased through their website i called and went on their advice over the phone and via emals but they are still denying the return of the fitting kit. I want to keep the seats however.

Attached are emails showing what's been going on. If anyone can help me with this it would be greatly appreciated as i've recently started my own business since being made redundant and my spare time is greatly tied up just now to go back and forward with the supplier.

Date: 21 March 2013 14:42:53 GMT

To: colin

Subject: Re: GSM Quick Contact

Hi

Thank you for your email.

I have gone through the invoice and order: 13333 and realized the date of the order and delivery details.

Just a few points I need to draw your attention towards:

· The confirmation of parts not to be used is well outside our standard policy for returning items.

· As per terms and conditions sub-frames and fitting equipment are non-returnable due to the safety nature of the product. Once ordered this are non-returnable straight away

· We do allow for seat returns with the standard 15% returns charge as outlined in the welcome pack we send out but these are not the items which you want to return

I have looked through the parts and they are non stocked items that we and the 2 UK Sparco distributors do not keep in stock. So they are special order only.

For all the above reasons, the time scale until notification, the items in question, the terms and conditions section 1 and 2 and special order I would not be able to take those items back.

But as a good will gesture any further products you may need I can provide a returning customer discount. This also applies to brakes.

Kind Regards: Garreth Sleigh

GSM Performance Sport Seats

----------------------------------------------------------------------

On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 8:52 AM, GSM Sport Seats wrote:

Hi

Thank you for your email

I am running slightly behind on replies while my apprentice is off. However I will look into this and get back to you by the end of today.

On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 9:33 PM, colin dorward wrote:

Garreth

As discussed early last week I wish to return the following as it was not required:

2 * Sparco side mounts £38.50

2 * Sparco runners £32.00

2 * Sparco Evo 6 frames £61.08

Please supply me with a customer returns number for refund purposes.

Thanks

Colin

Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 09:09:04 +0000

Hi

O.k for this set up you will need:

2 * Sparco Pro 2000 seats £372.00

2 * Sparco side mounts £38.50

2 * Sparco runners £32.00

2 * Sparco Evo 6 frames £61.08

This will allow the side mounted competition seats to fit using a base mounted vehicle specific mount.

So we can do a full package price including delivery for £999.99

How's that?

On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Hi

I am looking for a bundle price including delivery for 2x new Sparco Pro 2000 seats and rails to fit Mitsubishi lancer evolution 6.

Kind regards

Colin

did pay by credit card?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...