Car failed first MOT under my ownership, only had it a month!

leestudd32
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3986 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I think I would decline your request. Have you a written test laboratory report showing the discs were weakened ? no of course not. This is one of the easiest rues a test center can pull.

No offence but I post on here for help, not for cocky replies like that. And who's to say the dealer I bought it from wouldn't put it through an MOT and falsify it to pass, as someone has already stated.

Sorry, that didn't come over how it was intended, it wasn't aimed at you.

What I intended to convey was garages say this is wrong and needs replacing without any proof that it actually does and discs and pads are one of the easiest cons a garage can make.

I bet he didn't measure the thickness of the disc and examine them closely or x-ray them.

We have to rely on their professionalism and they use that to their advantage in a lot of cases.

There are also no set rules to pass or failure, it is entirely dependent on the examiners opinion. If it reached the percentage required on the brake rollers, then it was working fine and shining a torch through the wheel isn't proof of weakness unless there were visible cracks in which case they should have been offered back to the owner.

Edited by Conniff