• Tweets

• No, they have all been re-instated or are in the process of being re-instated.   Hence the review, being booked.
    • . 50 miles = 3168000 inches per hour = 880 inches per second = 308 inches travelled in the .35 seconds. This is equivalent to 7.8232 metres 
    • had to remove all you picture uploads as they are too small to read pop them all into ONE multipage PDF file and upload that please.   read our upload guide carefully please   dx  
    • its not the distance that is important (but if you wish to determine it you could calculate it) it's the time, 0.35s, it took you to travels between the two yellow lines which are superimposed to show the start and end of the detection zone.   should a car travel across the detection zone quicker than the set time for 40mph limit, it flags you.
    • Hi everyone!  Thanks for providing any supports in advance!  I booked the delivery service by Parcelhero on 23/03/2021, Dpd picked up my luggage on 24/03/2021. Then it has no tracking history and no tracking updates at all. On 28/03/2021, Thursday,  I first contacted the Parcelhero tell them the parcel has no tracking, then I got an automatically reply on 29/03/2121.    On 31/03/2021, which is the scheduled delivery date, I contacted the Parcelhero again.   On 01/04/2021, Thursday,  4:25pm, the customer service replied asked me to provide the description of the missing luggage and told me the investigation will take up to 15 working days.   On 03/04/2021, Saturday, 7:17am, I contacted the Parcelhero again to ask the updates. On same day 10:49am, they answered the luggage is missing and they can't find it. It means the investigation only took one day, is that real?  However, they told me the luggage is in the prohibited list, and they're unable to make a claim for me, they give me £15 credits for next shipping with Parcelhero, it is ridiculous, because I have all my things in that luggage,  it has all my important documents include my degree certificate, my Police Registration Certificate, my personal ID, my notebooks of my projects, and all my clothes and personal item.    I ship the luggage from UK to Spain, so I have to declare it, I declared £300, but my stuff is way more expensive than that, even my luggage worth £150, and I only used it twice! I have asked the live customer service agent before I book the service, I asked if I can send luggage with Dpd, the live agent said yes!!! but I didn't take a screenshot of the conversation 💔!!!   However, on 13/04/2021, the receiver contacted the Dpd directly, Dpd confirmed the receiver that they haven't finished the investigation. On 13/04/2021, I emailed Parcelhero tell them the Dpd is still doing an investigation, but the interesting thing is that the Pacelhero insist confirmed me again and again the luggage is missing and ask me to see the email they sent me on 03/04/2021 10:49am.    Well, on 20/04/2021, I called Dpd again, they told me they finished the investigation, and they can't locate my luggage.    I‘ve attached all the conversation screenshots for your review, the sender is Xiao, and the Receiver is Antonio, pls see the screenshot from bottom to top, thanks!   Because there's no tracking history and no tracking updates since the driver picked the luggage up, I doubt the luggage got stolen, but I don't know. Parcelhero says the luggage is prohibited item, but what will they do with my luggage, why they didn't return it to me? Even the luggage is prohibited item, but the stuff inside are not, how can they refused to refund me and compensate me?     Please, I'm very desperate, they lost my luggage, I lost everything! I really need my luggage, or I really need the compensation. I appreciate any help you can provide! Thanks!                   
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• Ebay Packlink and Hermes - destroyed item as it was "damaged". https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/430396-ebay-packlink-and-hermes-destroyed-item-as-it-was-damaged/&do=findComment&comment=5087347
      • 32 replies
    • I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
  • Recommended Topics

• Recommended Topics

Welcome Finance secured loan - ridiculous payments and ways to get out of it!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2945 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

My wife and I are in the position of many others on this and other forums who wilfully and short-sightedly took out a secured loan with Welcome Finance, in 2007 to start with. The original loan was for £8000, we then inceased this to £12,000 in July 2008 with a refinance, not thinking about the consequences of the high interest they charge, and blissfully unaware of the arcane ways they work out the interest.

Suffice to say, over the last year or so we've had various financial difficulties and this loan has become very prohibitive. We feel that the amount the are charging us is extortionate to say the least - by my working out, we have paid them approx. £18,000 since the loan started, and if we continue the payments as they are it will be another £15,000 before it's done with. The payment of approx. £260 per month is far too high but I'm concerned that a) they won't be very amenable to reduced payments and b) even if we do reduce payments for a while, we will still end up paying more than ever because the amount of interest we'll have to pay will only increase the longer it takes us to pay off. Indeed, 3 years ago we defaulted on one payment, which we later caught up with via overpayments, but for a while the amount we owed them was actually increasing, even though our payment amounts stayed the same! I doon't understand how that can be legal!!

Anyway, to get to the point, do I have any way in finding a way out of paying what they say I still owe? I know there's no PPI on the agreement, and it looks like the acceptance fee has not been included as the credit element, so no comeback there. I do know that they increased my interest rate wityhout giving 14 days notice under the terms, and the interest rate has increased from 24.5% to 31.29% - can they increase the interest rate this much?

If anyone can help with this, please get in touch on this thread - we are losing the will to live with this abominable loan, we have a young daughter and I recently lost my job so suffice to say we are in dire straits at the moment.

Thanks for anyone who takes the time to read this and offer any advice/solutions - there may be no easy or simple way out for us, but you never know unless you put it out there!!

BR

S.

Hi All

My wife and I are in the position of many others on this and other forums who wilfully and short-sightedly took out a secured loan with Welcome Finance, in 2007 to start with. The original loan was for £8000, we then inceased this to £12,000 in July 2008 with a refinance, not thinking about the consequences of the high interest they charge, and blissfully unaware of the arcane ways they work out the interest.

Suffice to say, over the last year or so we've had various financial difficulties and this loan has become very prohibitive. We feel that the amount the are charging us is extortionate to say the least - by my working out, we have paid them approx. £18,000 since the loan started, and if we continue the payments as they are it will be another £15,000 before it's done with. The payment of approx. £260 per month is far too high but I'm concerned that a) they won't be very amenable to reduced payments and b) even if we do reduce payments for a while, we will still end up paying more than ever because the amount of interest we'll have to pay will only increase the longer it takes us to pay off. Indeed, 3 years ago we defaulted on one payment, which we later caught up with via overpayments, but for a while the amount we owed them was actually increasing, even though our payment amounts stayed the same! I doon't understand how that can be legal!!

Anyway, to get to the point, do I have any way in finding a way out of paying what they say I still owe? I know there's no PPI on the agreement, and it looks like the acceptance fee has not been included as the credit element, so no comeback there. I do know that they increased my interest rate wityhout giving 14 days notice under the terms, and the interest rate has increased from 24.5% to 31.29% - can they increase the interest rate this much?

If anyone can help with this, please get in touch on this thread - we are losing the will to live with this abominable loan, we have a young daughter and I recently lost my job so suffice to say we are in dire straits at the moment.

Thanks for anyone who takes the time to read this and offer any advice/solutions - there may be no easy or simple way out for us, but you never know unless you put it out there!!

BR

Hi there,

Me and my girlfriend are in the same boat with these cowboys. We took out a £16k loan secured against my girlfriends flat. I phoned them the other to find out how much is left on the loan and they confidently to me that we had paid £17k off of the original £16k and we still had another £16k to pay. We have been so stupid in getting this loan and are not aware of how much interest we are paying or if we had ppi because they told me today that they won't send me a copy of our contract!!. Did you get any help or answers and is there anything we can do? We are really struggling at the moment?

Kind regards,

M

I don't expect you will get too much help to find ways out of paying what you rightfully owe...however what they claim you rightfully owe and what in reality you rightfully owe may be two very different things.

Based on what you have said already, I would suggest you get all the paperwork and other information you can, then do a proper investigation as to what they say you owe

Please overlook my typos and spelling mistakes, sometimes my fingers arent in sync with my brain :)

I am just a consumer and have no legal training. My posts are opinion only, based on my own limited experience. If in doubt you should seek legal advice from a qualified practitioner.

Activ Kapital - Disputed £4,000.00 - 04/04/2011 Settled! WON!

HSBC Current Account - Defaulted for £200.00 Charges. - 19/05/2011 Charges Refunded Default Removed! WON!

HSBC Loan Account - £16,000.00 Unsecured Loan - 05/07/2011 Disputed No Further Contact WON! (for Now)

Barclaycard Account - Disputed account and £1500.00 Charges. - 18/07/2011 Charges Refunded! WON!

London Scottisht - Disputed account and Charges. £25,000.00 - 06/2011 Balance reduced by 95% WON!