Labour's workfare shame

osdset
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4044 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Story here http://johnnyvoid.wordpress.com/author/johnnyvoid/ this is not just about people mandated on to the WP, this legislation has implications for all of us. If the government can break the law then retrospectively change the law what stops them applying this to anything else?

There is no point now taking the government to court over anything, they could simply reverse court judgments by 'going back in time' and changing the rules, we are heading for a dictatorship, and there is no party with the guts to do anything about it.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

Hi,

Yes, grim reading indeed , we are not in a dictatorship or anywhere near it. If we were this site and a great many more would not exist.

We can start or join a pressure groups, write or lobby our MP's or start/sign any (e)petition, join a political party and a great deal more and as a last resort, we can take direct action. We are not toothless. What this government rely on is apathy and resignation on behalf of the majority of us.

If you feel what is happening is bad, use the means at your disposal. If you can login to cag then you can start/sign a e-petition, email your MP etc.

I'm deeply unhappy with this government and I'll do all I can to express my dismay to all sundry. I hope you will join me.

pitcher

Awop-Bop-A-Loo-Mop-Alop-Bam-Boom. ~ Little Richard.

I do and will continue to email my MP, sign e-petitions as most in place are what I would be saying anyway, as for joining a political party, I am not seeing any worth it which is worrying apart from very sad. I actually wrote that we are ON A PATH to dictatorship, and I think that the Tory Govt, pigheadedly and seemingly freely, will steer us down that path, I don't have to bang on about benefits and the such, we all know whats happening, I see the rich barely, or not at all affected, and the poor getting poorer, downtrodden, and left to rot. Yes they do rely on people doing nothing, but they also rely on the fact that all we can do is speak out, they don't have to listen or act on it, they snake their way through backtracking slightly when they realise they've made a **** up, that cant be swept over. They are pigheaded and defiant and its going to take more than some e-petitions to shake this lot up.

Hi Ruby,

WOW! I read and feel your anger on this matter.

I agree with what you say about the rich get richer and the poor getting it in the a...

The use of retrospective legislation is very scary and immoral but I do not think it's puts us on a path to dictatorship, maybe a very short step but no more. If I'm wrong and the worst comes to be, you will see me on the barricades, I'm the one in the wheelchair.

As for joining a party, yes it is both worrying and sad that the issues we seem to have in common are not foremost in the minds of any creditable party.

Yes the condems are pigheaded and defiant, It will take more than the odd e-petition to make a change but on this day over a quarter of a million people went on strike to show exactly what they think of this government. There are more targeted strikes to follow.

You state in your post, “I don't have to bang on about benefits and the such...” I'm more than happy for any one to “bang on about benefits”, this government, with the help of a right-wing press has demonised the sick and disabled etc. It shows just how low they are.

Please keep you MP on his/her toes and sign those e-petitons, I think it can make a difference.

My best,

pitcher

I can't say what I want to on here, as I don't want the site getting closed down, but lets just say, due to the actions of this and the previous government I now do all I am able to disrupt the corruption they are trying to force on us, I lawfully rebel every single day and I actively demonstrate at local and national marches, I firmly believe that the revolution has started.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi Bazooka,

I think you can say what you want, the site won't close. Your posts may be edited by the site team!

When it came to the poll tax I protested both legally and illegally, it is a personal matter of how far anyone is prepared to go. I's great to hear you're fighting, more power to you!

Sorry to disagree with you on the matter of revolution. I've seen high times in the past that came to nothing and I see nothing new. Revolution, regardless of which way it goes hurts those less able to deal with change and now I don't want to see anyone hurt. Apart from the rich, greedy F*****S.

Regards,

pitcher

PS

Signed WOW, every little hurts!

Edited by pitcher

WOW I signed first time I saw it. Yes I am fuming at this Govt and the lies that spill from their mouths. They don't help anyone into work, more jobs are lost than created, and their idea of making it pay to be in work is to punish those that aren't in work, the reason makes no difference. I am all for looking after the elderly, they deserve it, but so do the sick and disabled, the council tax benefit reduction is a total disgrace, the elderly are exempt and that's good and fair but the sick and disabled who cannot work should not be penalised. As for penalising all working age claimants, well its a shame they cant just get their rear ends in gear and provide jobs instead of taking them away.

Sorry am ranting...my blood pressure is way up tonight, yes am angry....am fuming.

they both chasing the same middle class and pensioner votes.

I think labour when in power are more mellow ie. they not so pushy on tax cuts for the rich and welfare cuts, but they certianly not the same as the old labour.

What did you expect from the Liebor party? They are the ones who reintroduced workfare.

Yes you are 100% right on that one. maybe liebor are just letting the condems do their dirty work for them. I have lost any faith in any of the main parties but I had little trust in any of them to start with.

pitcher

your right there worried33......think I remember, not sure if this is right...monster raving loony party?....they would do LOL not a clue what the spiel was. Too funny.

WOW I signed first time I saw it. Yes I am fuming at this Govt and the lies that spill from their mouths. They don't help anyone into work, more jobs are lost than created, and their idea of making it pay to be in work is to punish those that aren't in work, the reason makes no difference. I am all for looking after the elderly, they deserve it, but so do the sick and disabled, the council tax benefit reduction is a total disgrace, the elderly are exempt and that's good and fair but the sick and disabled who cannot work should not be penalised. As for penalising all working age claimants, well its a shame they cant just get their rear ends in gear and provide jobs instead of taking them away.

Hi Ruby,

I don't think you're ranting at all. Sorry about your blood pressure! You're angry? Join the club. I agree with most of your post but you differentiate between pensioners and the sick/disabled etc. It’s been said by others on this site, divide and rule is how the condems try to fool us. IMHO this is the problem we all have to deal with. The condems state they are for the strivers I.E. those in work, while at the same time, through their cuts, over three hundred thousand public sector workers have lost their jobs. The condems, through the right-wing press encourage the low paid workers to think that the dole/ESA etc. is a life of luxury and therefore sets the working class against the unemployed/sick and disabled working class. Sorry If I've gone on a rant! I think I need a blood pressure tablet. I'm fuming.

pitcher

Edited by antone
Fixed quote tags - content not changed

I have emailed my mp Stephen Crabb weekly and everytime he only answers with government rehtoric. He is flipping useless.

So in my case emailing my mp does nothing :-C

I didnt cause the global finiancial problems so why do I feel that we are paying a higher price?

I didnt cause the global finiancial problems so why do I feel that we are paying a higher price?

The answer is in your question. Those who cause the financial crisis have made a double bet. If they had won, they would have demanded the price, as it's fair in a capitalist society. But because they've lost, they have changed the law so it's up to the poor to bail them out. Remember what happened in France in 1789?

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"

The answer is in your question. Those who cause the financial crisis have made a double bet. If they had won, they would have demanded the price, as it's fair in a capitalist society. But because they've lost, they have changed the law so it's up to the poor to bail them out. Remember what happened in France in 1789?

capitalism for the profits, but not for the losses.

emailing my mp about the shambles that is atos, and recording assessments etc etc, mp acknowledged email, and stating they were writing to the appropriate minister and would get back to me...that was 31st jan .....still waiting......I emailed again last week ..reply...they are still waiting......******** is MHO on that.