style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4045 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I know there are loads of the same threads but I could do with some advice quickly (pretty please, as they want the money by 5pm)

Had marstons at my door this morning,

blocking my car in,

demanding I pay £300, or they will take the car (not even mine, but is still registered as my address as its the ex's) for one parking ticket,

now I can get the money they want, but after some reading up, it seems a bit excessive, originally liability was £90.

By best friend went through all this a few years ago so I do know more than most, I didn't let them in,

I said I wanted a full breakdown of charges, and he said he could tell me them, they only bit which i was unsure of was £126 for van fees,

like I said I have done some reading and am struggling to find out how much they can charge for a van?

If anyone can help that would be great :) and as tempted as I am to try and get the debt back to the council I dont want to live in fear for the next few weeks until that happens.

Get the car moved, if they have not clamped it, as they may do so to increase the pressure on you to pay the amount.

Don't let them in. You are entitled to have the fees confirmed in writing.

From what I can see for an original PCN amount of £60, they can only charge you £143.10 after only one visit. They can only add further amounts, if they apply a levy. If there is no levy, then they cannot charge more than £143.10.

Have they given you any information about any levy they have applied ?

Do you dispute the original parking ticket ?

Who issued the parking ticket ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi thanks for your reply, I dont dispute the ticket at all, I didnt realise I was parked in a place where you werent supposed to, only after getting back to the car did i notice the sign. It was issued by a council (notts county). So the problem I have right now is I have the money, do I pay it (hes very kindly letting me off £70 for todays visit!!!) and fight it after or move the car and fight it? I know they are only going to add on more charges if I dont pay the £300 today. I have a little boy at home and I dont really want him witnessing all this (hes 4) I just want it out of the way. :(

Just to add I dont think they have levyed the car, I have had nothing in writing to confirm this, and 100% not levyed on anything else.

If you pay the £300, I think you would be overpaying what they can charge. ( this is not legal)

Phone the Council to report the overcharging. I think they can only charge £143.10 with no levy, if you did not pay anything afer the first letter from the baliff. You should have had a letter first from baliff, asking you to pay £106.20. They could then add on 28% of the original PCN amount per the law.

http://www.nottinghamshire.gov.uk/travelling/parking/parkingenforcement/usefulcontacts/

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2003/1857/made

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

What was the original parking ticket ? Have presumed £60, which was then increased to £90 as you did not pay.

What was the original parking ticket ? Have presumed £60, which was then increased to £90 as you did not pay.

Yes it was. I am a bit loathe to phone the council, as I said when my best friend went through this she begged and pleaded with the council as she had no money to pay what they were asking, and the council did nowt. Thanks for your help so far guys.

Yes it was. I am a bit loathe to phone the council, as I said when my best friend went through this she begged and pleaded with the council as she had no money to pay what they were asking, and the council did nowt. Thanks for your help so far guys.

You sound like you would rather pay £300 even if this amount is not legally correct. That is up to you.

Did you receive a bailiff letter asking to pay about £106 previously ? If so, they can only add 28% of the original PCN if you did not pay. By paying £300, you would be paying more than double what is due.

The council need to know about this overcharging. If you don't complain, how will they know what is going on ? Phone them and take a note of the name of the person you speak to.

• Confused 1

I would rather pay the £300 to get them to leave me alone for the time being while the charges gets sorted out/investigated yes, thanks so much for your help unclebulgaria. Really just wanted to know how I can find out if what they are charging me is as you say legal, and while it appears its not, if I at least pay the £300 I can get them off my back while I sort it out, trust me that £300 is not an amount I can give up easily, specially seeing as its my little boys birthday next week.

I would rather pay the £300 to get them to leave me alone for the time being while the charges gets sorted out/investigated yes, thanks so much for your help unclebulgaria. Really just wanted to know how I can find out if what they are charging me is as you say legal, and while it appears its not, if I at least pay the £300 I can get them off my back while I sort it out, trust me that £300 is not an amount I can give up easily, specially seeing as its my little boys birthday next week.

If you pay this amount, ask to record the payment, as paid under protest and inform them that you will report them to the Police/courts in regard to fraud under sections 1-5 of the Fraud Act 2006. Advise them that you have been advised that legally they can only charge the letter fee and 28% of the original PCN which is about £143 in total including the £90 for the PCN. Ask them to go away and come back with the correct fee charges, if they want to avoid being reported for fraud.