• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3968 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I dont have a loan or any debt to this company now but ive emailed them asking them to remove my account, my details off their databases, card details, and phone numbers yet i can still log in.

i received a response saying they confirm i dont have a loan or any outstanding balance

and that they hope to be of service again...

is there anything more I can do to remove my whole details off their systems does anyone know?

Had to apply again for loan from wonga, to be repaid on may 6th 2013, but due to go away at the end of april and have just been paid from work, but my spare money from this months pay, and the spare from next months pay will not cover what im due to repay in May. what do i do? should i wait until default?

Problem being, the account where the loan is paid into, is different to the one to the one that pays it back.

Is it worth getting a prepaid card and changing the details, but also im scared that if i give the Prepaid card details and they cant take the full amount, they will use the other two account details they have.

Get in touch with Wonga via email. Explain your current financial difficulties and ask for a repayment plan.

Wonga have been rather accommodating for a while now and have set up repayment plans with not much hassle.

Would you be able to afford to pay back your loan over 12 months? £276 / 12 (about £23 a month?). Ask them if this is possible.

I've said recently that Wonga seem to be the best of a bad bunch!

• Haha 1

It never rains but it pours...

I know this but i have two different bank accounts registered with their site...one is where loan is paid into, and other is where loan is repaid from. I worry that should i not be able to make the payment and they cant take it from the repayment account, they will strip other one.

Erm. Ok. I think I understand. I think I went onto my online Wonga account and just updated my bank details to the account that I wanted them to take the money from.

Might be worth having a look online before contacting them.

It never rains but it pours...

I understand you but I cant change the place where the loan is paid into....I can only change where it goes from to repay them. Im concerned that they will raid the account where my loan is paid into if they cannot take it from the account they are supposed to.

I currently have a wonga loan, I rang them and explained I could not make payment in 1. I asked for a repayment plan and they said ring 3 days before my due date. What info do I actually put in there online form when they send me the form? And do I need to make a payment on that day when I ring them?

Thanks for that guys :) this has helped me alot as I have no idea how they go about it. Hopefully then I can just sort it on the phone to them tomorrow! I also dont want them to send any mail to my house, if I mention that to them it shouldn't be much of a problem hopefully! Thanks again guys :)

Thanks for that guys :) this has helped me alot as I have no idea how they go about it. Hopefully then I can just sort it on the phone to them tomorrow! I also dont want them to send any mail to my house, if I mention that to them it shouldn't be much of a problem hopefully! Thanks again guys :)

You should never deal with these on the phone as there is no proof of it. However if you choose this method you need to get a confirmation email that its been set up and all charges and interest have been frozen. You will need to keep pushing them.

Yeah I spoke to them about a week before, and they said to ring 3 days before my due date. If I now ring them tommorow, should I say that I would like the confirmation e-mail and account to be frozen or won't that happen anyway if I set up a plan?

A friend of a friend asked me to ask you guys whether you know if Wonga take prepaid card details to help pay off their loan cos when theyve tried to give new details, it says 'mastercard debit and then it says there was a problem updating the bank details. Although it was a new prepaid card and the balance was zero. could this be why?'

Hi turkwyfe4lyfe,

I've moved this thread to the PayDayLoans Forum and unapproved your duplicate post, you should get some help in this forum.

Regards,

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Pre-paid cards can be detected by their card number. I would anticpate that Wonga's system detects them and forbids them to be used for setting up a payment authority. There are a number of exclusions for pre-paid cards such as pay-before-dispense petrol pumps so they are completely detectable in advance by merchants.

Yes. He tried. But it said they encountered a problem.... like i said, it was a new p/p card with zero balance. But when you add a card, and it asks for the type of card...it has visa visa electron, couple of others, and Mastercard Debit... this p/p card is just mastercard only on logo.

Yes. He tried. But it said they encountered a problem.... like i said, it was a new p/p card with zero balance. But when you add a card, and it asks for the type of card...it has visa visa electron, couple of others, and Mastercard Debit... this p/p card is just mastercard only on logo.

The idea with a prepaid card is to have money ON it before attempting to use it.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D