Virgin Demanding Money They have no Right too

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4033 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys

i have just cleared some debt off the past month and am now debt free but vodafone, o2, t mobile etc are declining me credit and im guessing it was related to this debt i have paid up.

I have paid my Virgin Media bills every month on time if not before the pay date and keep getting mithered to take out a deal in my virgin media account

i want a samsung galaxy s3 on virgin but bit worried they might also decline me

Theres nothing to hefty on there

just my £1000 over draft which is a quarter paid up but that shouldnt make any difference to credit as it aint been defaulted

I had a problem with Orange a while ago but for some reason it says i owe them £256 i aint had any letters regarding this

I have 3 current defaults on my credit file (long story) and have been repossessed.

I don't think Virgin even credit checked me as I have a good payment history with them - but they gave me a mobile account with a good discount for a being a current customer. They use T-mobiles mast system and that has given me reception where I need it - unlike Vodafone - but your mileage may vary.

Nice to know bandit not that you had problems just that you had a chance with Virgin for a phone

My problems aint as bad as that so im guessing there is hope for me

I have a brilliant payment history with virgin media for my Broadband, Home Phone and TV i pay £58.90 a month on time all the time never missed a payment

Ok strange i decided to try for the HTC One X on Virgin im with them for Home Services i have the £58.89 VIP Collection but strangly it never asked me for my virgin media account number or telephone number it just declined me straight away i even went to pay for delivery

do you think id have a better chance phoning them ? as when i tried to clal them about a different phone they asked for my virgin media account number for my home services

Every time you try to gain a service they credit check you, every credit check effects your score to some lenders / service providers. Virgin Media and Virgin Mobile are 2 seperate entities. Maybe try phoning Virgin Media as you already have an account with them, as I believe they can add a mobile toyour existing account in some cased. If you can, record the call so you can refer to anything agreed or not agreed at a later date.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Every time you try to gain a service they credit check you, every credit check effects your score to some lenders / service providers. Virgin Media and Virgin Mobile are 2 seperate entities. Maybe try phoning Virgin Media as you already have an account with them, as I believe they can add a mobile toyour existing account in some cased. If you can, record the call so you can refer to anything agreed or not agreed at a later date.

I phoned them today and they said credit check failed but they have referred me to another department as i have a virgin media home services for a final decision

IIRC I called a number from my Virgin account area on t'internet. I think they connected my account details before processing the application. I didn't think that was significant when I posted earlier so apologies for missing that out.

Good luck with your final decision. Please let us know how it goes.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys

hope you are well,

love this forum its my first place for good advice,

i recently came out of work and for the first 15 months of being a customer i paid all my bills via direct debit.

Recently been made redundant and i am being charged £5 a month extra for a non direct debit fee

think this is scanderless to be completely fair

i recently seen a letter on here which was found on watchdog about a number of companies charging non direct debit fees

it mentioned about they have no right to charge you the extra and we have the rights not to pay the non direct debit fees but a letter would need to be sent.

If i sent a letter what do you think the outcomes would be im currently paying £53.90 a month for all my services non direct debit is £58.90 so basically they are making more money out of nothing

have a look in the broadband forum

think there are various threads about these fees and how some have put in a reclaim.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 3 months later...

Hi guys

Been with virgin since March 2011 but because ive changed my package a few times in the past they have put me back in a contract, i am happy with my services now but i find them pricey for what they are

£53.90 a month for XL TV, 60mb Broadband, M Phone (Which i dont use)

Recently i had issues with my broadband but wasnt to bothered as i only use it for my tablet and phone really and misses uses it on her phone and laptop so i wasnt that fussed but they did credit me back £38 charges and £8 this month because the issue is outstanding

When i asked if they could reduce the price of my services as my contract is up soon they said phone back when your contract is up and see what our customer service can offer you.

Just wondering if anyone has come to the end of there contract with virgin and tried getting a price drop on there services or what offers have you been offered.

Id prefer a decrease in my service charges thats if they'd honour it to keep me as a customer i dont really want to leave Virgin but if they aint going to make it worth my while to keep me as a customer then ill look elsewhere.

If you succeed with them what should i say on the phone ?

My auntie was with Sky and was paying around £55 a month when her contract was up they offered her what she had for half the price.

Hi

IMO the way I would go about this is to make sure you are looking at their internet deals, while talking to a customer adviser (bet you soon realise the deal they offer aint no better than on website) but keep insisting on a better deal then eventually ask to get put through to the Cancellation Department (why you ask as they are the ones that can give the better deal to keep you as a customer) and if still not happy with deal offfered end your contract at its end date following their termination procedure to be on the corrects side.

The only thing I dont like with my provider is if you have a package and you amend any part of that package whether it be broadband, phone, TV you are entering a new contract for the full package.

Edited by stu007

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Exatly Stu thats what they did with myself i came out of work last year and wanted to ammend my package to make it abit cheaper for me they didnt even tell me i was entering into a new contract until i asked when my termination date was

Very crafty but they all have there pros and cons

• 1 month later...

Hi guys

I took out a contract with Sky yesterday

they are not due until Wednesday

just wondering who do i contact at Virgin

my contract doesn't end until June 2013

but ive been told by someone at the CEO office that i can cancel without penalty due to the nature of my problems with the broadband for well over a year now

From what ive read on the internet you need to write in with 30 days notice but i dont see why i need to give 30 days end of the day they provide me with a crap service and will no doubt say they want £63.99 for the 30 days notice i give them, i feel this 30 days notice is some way of getting an extra month out of the customer, well i won't be able to afford the extra month as i am in my right to cancel and the money which was going to go on next months bill will be going to Sky for my services as they bill you a month in advance.

Virgin did the same to me when i joined.

Just wondering who do i write to, to confirm my cancellation.

Are Virgin aware of the problems you've had with your BB service.

Have you confirmed anything by phone or in writing about it, so they recognise there's an issue or dispute.

Being "..... told by someone in the CEO office ......." is very different to having their agreement in writing that you can cancel without notice. Unless you recorded the phone call, Virgin could deny having told you this.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi

Thanks for the message, i spoke to Fiona and she said due to the problems with my internet connection i could take a credit of £8 per month half price broadband or i cancel without penalty last few nights my internet has been awful with loads of drop outs

Im sure there is record on the account to why she added £8 per month credit

Yes fiona from the CEO office stated there was high utilization in our area which should of been fixed in january from May last year but the problems are still ongoing

HI Chris,

To cover yourself, I suggest you seek written confirmation (an email will suffice) from Fiona that they agree to release you from your contract without penalty or notice, based on the persistent poor Broadband service which has resulted in slow speeds and drop-outs.

If you don't do this, you are likely to be hounded for payments by their collections dep't.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Will do Cheers

Im going to be speaking to her on Monday anyway so ill ask her to send me the written confirmation via email if she doesnt and she dont release me out of contract then ill threaten to seek with OFT and Ofcom as Ofcom will want virgin to provide proof that my connections have been fine throughout my contract

you on cable with virgin chris?

dx

and they

I Sure am

They have told me its high utilization in the area and estimated fix is May 2013 - July 2013

Should of been done in January

Gets Worse in Peak Times these are some of the issues ive had with my internet lately

speedtest_06_02_13.png

Supposed to be on 60mb download

0.01 got stuck on during upload then wouldnt move