style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4041 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am hoping someone can please give me a bit of legal advice ?

I have 2 council tax debts with Rossendales which i have tried on numerous occasions to sort out,i have sent them numerous financial statements for them to say they have not received them(how convinient).they have now received them and ingnored my offer of payment,which is only minimal as i am struggling,i do not work and receive widowed single parent and child tax.they are saying that i have surplus income and excessive spending !!!! who the hell are they to tell me that ?? i have been honest as to what i get and i have more outgoings than incomings.Is there a limit they are allowed to take off you the same as the council have ?

I have also had the bailiffs sending letters but i have not spoken to them OR LET THEM IN !! i have been told a few different stories regarding bailiffs,i know that if you have not let them in at all they are not allowed in,but i have also been told that a council tax debt is a criminal offence and they can enter when they like ?

I hope someone can please help me as i live in fear of loosing all my stuff and i dont want that for my daughters sake

you don't need to speak to them, look at you council tax forms it should show that they d

o online payments, as long as you have got your CT account/ ref numbers you can pay it directly without speaking to any one.

which council is it

The council have no say in the matter. If you want to pay them, they can't refuse. If they say you can't, ask for them to put this in writing. Beside, they can do nothing about payments made through their website or direct into their account by internet banking. Make sure it gets allocated to the correct year's account though.

You need to speak to someone at the Council and ask the following questions:

1 - how many Liability Orders they have against you

2 - the dates they were obtained

3 - the addresses they were for

4 - the period of time each covers

5 - how much each one was for

6 - how much is still outstanding

7 - the dates they were passed on for enforcement

8 - the dates & amounts of any payments

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just pay the Council Tax online applying the relevant reference number. The council cannot stop you doing that. Write a letter to the council saying that Rossers won't accept payment from you and only appear interested in increasing their fee earnings. In the letter, advise the council of the regular payments you will be making using their online facility. Also make them aware of your current financial circumstances and ask for any help you may be entitled to.

Rossers can only charge you £42.50 (First visit fee £24,50 and second visit fee £18) if they do not apply any levy. So you MUST prevent Rossers from applying any levy, by keeping any car you own away from the driveway and never allowing them in to your home.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

There is no law that says you have to speak or deal with a Bailiff. He will quickly getthe message he is getting no where with you and move on. He may make several visits but as long as you deny him entry otr prevent him levying on goods outside - a car perhaps - then he is powerless. Take the time to read some of the threads first and you will see how things work.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

thank you people,when i get home i will try and find the relevant threads and have a good read,i think you have helped me a bit already.i am just worried about being told a bailiff can enter of his own accord if it is a criminal offence which non payment of council tax is :sad:

thank you people,when i get home i will try and find the relevant threads and have a good read,i think you have helped me a bit already.i am just worried about being told a bailiff can enter of his own accord if it is a criminal offence which non payment of council tax is :sad:

You should only be worried, if you believe that b*ll*cks. If you are financially unable to meet paying a Council Tax bill you tell the council of this and ask for their help. There are Council Tax benefits that may be available to assist. It is only if you willfully do not pay anything or refuse at any hearing with Magistrates that it becomes a criminal issue. At the moment, it is just the case that the council say that you are liable for a sum.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

A bailiff company will not be inclined to keep an account if they cannot earn any fees from the debtor. This is why I suspect that fees have been charged.

It is most important that you find out the following

How much was the Liability Order?

What fees have been charged to the account?

If a bailiff has not levied upon any goods...the fees are capped at £42.50.

Please post back once you have received the information. The council will give you the figure for the Liability Order and many times, they will alao be able to access the bailiff computer system for details of the fees charged.