Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2709 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

A newbie CRA question ...

which CRA should I be requesting data from?

I've also moved house recently. I haven't told the DCAs about the move, but a couple have started sending me letters to my new address.

Do I need to mention both addresses?

Thanks for your help,

Sue

Brought to my knees by the banks, but up and standing again. Nearly.

Experian (CreditExpert) and Equifax have free 30 day trials, and are usually the most accurate and upto date, Noddle (Call Credit) is free but not always very up to date.

You will need to provide addresses over at least 3 years, if you have registered for council tax you will have been entered on to the Electoral Roll so can easily be traced.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hi,

I have just plucked up the courage and got a free-for-30-days account at Experian. What I found isn't nearly as bad I I had thought it would be - they give me a "fair". What on earth do you have to do to get a bad?

Anyway, I have a couple of questions.

1) Should Lowells and Aktiv Kapital be marking defaults on my account? They are chasing credit card debts for cards that were defaulted.

2) I have a personal unsecured loan, it started off at £15,000 and is now down at £1000 or so. I've been paying £250 a month and haven't missed a payment. Should I see this in the report?

Thank you,

Sue

1) They can only mark one default per debt and they shouldn't change the date of it. If they have done so, you should try to dispute that with the lenders first and then credit reference agencies if that fails. If a debt collection agency buys a debt they can change the default into their name but cannot change the date of the default.

2) Yes.

Thank you.

I have some reading to do to make sure all is ok, It does look like the personal loan is on there.

Thanks again,

Sue

Hi,

I have just plucked up the courage and got a free-for-30-days account at Experian. What I found isn't nearly as bad I I had thought it would be - they give me a "fair". What on earth do you have to do to get a bad?

Anyway, I have a couple of questions.

1) Should Lowells and Aktiv Kapital be marking defaults on my account? They are chasing credit card debts for cards that were defaulted.

2) I have a personal unsecured loan, it started off at £15,000 and is now down at £1000 or so. I've been paying £250 a month and haven't missed a payment. Should I see this in the report?

Thank you,

Sue

Lowell and Aktive are debt purchasers and are obliged to update the CRA files with their details when the aquire the accounts.

The default date must be the same as that placed by the original creditor.

As to the loan if it's not showing on Experian it may be that the lender does not report to that agency

or only starts to report if there are problems with the account.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

• 3 weeks later...

Looking through my credit report, some of the credit card debts have "satisfied" marked against them.

What does this usually mean?

They are original debts, ie capital one, I'm not being chased by them or a dca.

The default dates were in 2009.

Thanks,

Susan

''Satisfied'' rather than ''settled'' usually indicates the account has been defaulted and the ''default'' has been remedied by sale of the account to a debt purchaser or you have perhaps made a ''full and final'' offer of payment at a lower amount than the actual debt.

If no DCAs have contacted you yet then please keep a look out for searches being made on your files by them, debts are as bulk portfolio and it can be some considerable time before collection activity starts.

Thank you.

The accounts were defaulted a few years ago. I have had many debt collectors over the years, but I'm down to just 2 active DCAs: lowell and aktiv.

Thanks again,

Edited by DesperateSusan

So they will be removed from CRA files in 2015, be very watchful for searches to your files, if you have only checked one of the 3 main agencies it would be worth checking the others as some DCAs will not post data on all of them so it's easy to get fooled into thinking files are clear.

I have checked Equifax and Experian ... I must remember to cancel before my free period runs out ... is.the 3rd one CallCredit? Do I see that onethrough Noddle?

Thank you

I have checked Equifax and Experian ... I must remember to cancel before my free period runs out ... is.the 3rd one CallCredit? Do I see that onethrough Noddle?

Thank you

Yes Call Credit is the 3rd agency, its offshoot Noddle uses data provided by CC but is not always reliably up to date, may be best to go to Call Credit directly.