Local retail park parking fine

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4027 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI

Just wandering if anyone can give some advice.

My Mum has received a parking fine.

A few weeks ago , she took My Grandad and his friend shopping at a local retail park near where I live, MY Grandad and his friend are both in their 90s and very slow on their feet, and my mum is in her 60's and has a displayed badge as she has difficulty walking far due to an accident some years ago. My Mum does not live in this area....

On the day in question I had met them for a coffee and then left them browsing the shops.

It would appear that in the last month or so the retail park has introduced a 3 hour limit on parking for the shops, and my mum was there for a little over 4. As they had met me for tea, browsed the shops, had some lunch went back and tried some clothing on , made purchases and then left.

Even I was unaware there was a restriction although we have now been back to check and there are signs … although they are quite high on the lampposts .

She was parked in a disabled spot with a valid badge displayed, but the carpark take a picture as you enter and exit so would not be able to see a disabled car, nor does it say there is any difference for disabled people on the signs ...

Apart from the fact its now put her off ever visiting those shops again , and it was a fairly regular outing for them , as with taking such elderly people around, wanting food etc, it takes time, which they now wont be able to do unless they rush , and as I say they live out of town so its not often they get a good look round ...

My question is simply is it worth appealing this fine ? Or is there anything that can be done ..?

its currently £60 which I think is very high! but goes up to 100 if not paid soon , my mums panicking it will go up if she appeals but I said it would be held while they deal with it, please help any advice appreciated.

Ignore it. Youll get a couple more letters with more threats and then nothing.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

its not a fine

its a speculative invoice

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...