What's an ESA35 please?

poppy12345
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4056 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was sent a form called ESA35 in August to my old address, moved in September. This was just before I was told would need to change from Income Support. But no ESA claim form was sent to me & no ESA50. Is this right to only get ESA35 which only asked for the conditions I have, GP address, but nothing else- then be called for ATOS assessment now.

An ESA50 is the questionnaire you fill in prior to a medical on ESA,it's much like the old IB50 questionnaire on Incapacity Benefit.

An IB35 was the old Incapacity Benefit award notice, issued if you had not paid enough NI contributions to qualify for paid IB.

So I'm guessing an ESA35 is to tell you that pending the result of a medical you don't qualify for conts based ESA & will receive income based ESA instead??

I'm sure someone else will be able confirm that or shoot me down in flames later :violin:

Thanks I know what an ESA50 form is, I have just phoned DWP & they claim that people don't always have to receive one before being sent for ATOS 'medical' assessment- in other words covering their backs for their error. So I have requested to be sent one now.

The form that said ESA35 was not an award notice, it just asked me to confirm my address/GP/name of diagnosed conditions. I wouldn't have received contribution based anything though, as I haven't work in approx 10 years?

Thank you