scotcall doorstep caller

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4021 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello, not sure if this is in the correct place, if not could someone let me know. anway, i had a scotcall doorstep person call at my house last week. he showed me credit card sizes id and asked about repaying a debt. told him that i would contact scotcall direct. he called me on my mobile and asked if i had alled them, as it was close to debt being sent back??? not sure what to do. do i call and talk or write and request my cca details??? am sure i wrote to them requesting no doorstep comtact.

many thanks

Ignore the muppet. If scotcall are involved then the debt is unenforceable. The collect or is pressuring you as he works on comission and wont get paid if you dont give him money.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

hello, the debt is a sainsburys credit card. not to sure of exact dates, but nothing has been paid to it for a while as i have been out of work for a couple of years, and been to other companys as well. when he came to the door i did tell him that i was not working at the present time and that i had sent a letter to scotcall stating this. he called me on friday, and i did say that i would try and call him back today to update him, as he advised me to call scotcall. i want to corrospond only in writing, as i have seen other people do this. can you request in letter that you do not want doorstep vist?? is it also best to request cca as well?? did not send last letter recorded, but will in future. what power do these people have?? what is best thing to do.

many thanks

Do NOT call them. Ever. They have NO legal rights. Nil. None. Zero. Nadda. Your next door neighbors cat has more legal rights than they do.

As already advised, IGNORE THEM. It might be tempting to contact them, but dont. Keep Ignoring them and theyll soon run away.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

I would suggest that you write to Scotcall telling them that you will only deal with them on this matter in writing and that if they do send any one uninvited or without an agreed appointment you will consider it trespass and will summon the police. Send it record delivery - that way they cannot pretend that they have not received the letter.

They, of course, can try to ignore your letter but if someone else does turn up you can show them a copy and tell them they must leave immediately or you will call the police. Of course as your unwanted visitor has shown you an ID card it might be worth while writing his details down and then telling him that. That way you have an name to give to the Police :-)

RenegadeImp has the right attitude. These "Collectors" are paid by commission. If they get nowhere with you they will give up - its a waste of their time.

Chin up and keep us posted - there is a lot of good advice here.

Edited by KaptRoger
Spelling

I wouldnt even write to them at all. You can send the doorstep collectors letter but it would be pointless as the debt is being passed back to the creditor.

Coleman72 - if the man returns then don't engage him in discussion about the "debt". Tell him "this matter is to be dealt with in writing only - you are trespassing - I will summon the Police if you do not leave. Do not come back or I will call the Police without even answering the door", and close the door. Its your house - he has no right to be there.

He wont be back... unless he's really REALLY stupid. KaptRoger has given some very good advice. Just remember that these idiots have NO legal rights at all.

Thank you Mr Imp. I've not had to deal with anyone at the door, I have always fired off the letter telling them in writing only etc when one of theirs has suggested that they may, might, possibly, perhaps send someone round.

I imagine that it is a very uncomfortable situation to have some one at the door, but as everyone says they have no right to be there (and even if for some strange reason a credit agreement has a clause in it specifically allowing a door step collector to visit - that does not mean you have to let them in or even talk to them).

When i was in debt, i had a ton of people come to my door demanding money. Lets just say a 6' 2 stocky guy with 2 large dogs back then, and they soon got the message to clear off.

You can print this off and keep it by the front door, then if any random stranger does decide to grace your property with their presence, then you just hand it to them, tell them to disappear or you will call the police, then shut the door.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?410-LETTER-USED-WHEN-A-DCA-THREATENS-A-DOORSTEP-VISIT

And this one instructing them to contact in writing only.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?493-Harassment-by-telephone-response-letter

If they ring, laugh and hang up, if they persist, just say 'in writing only' then laugh and hang up.

Keep a diary of events also.

What is the debt? How much is owed? And who is the original creditor, how old?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

hi guys, many many thaks for all your replies. was really worried when this man turned up on the doorstep. was not sure what power they have. when i spoke to him on the phone on friday, i think he said i have till start of april, then the debt will go back to creditor, which is sainsburys so i presume if i do not contact them it will be returned to them??

many thanks again!!

i think he said i have till start of april, then the debt will go back to creditor
So the doorstep collector admits defeat even before his random time limit has expired.

If snotcall do reappear just tell him that you don't want any wooden pegs or lucky white heather and to be on his way or you will set the beadle on him and have him whipped out of the county.

(sorry, I'm reading some Victorian crime melodramas)

Illegitimi non carborundum

hi all, have recived text from scottcall ofering discount. then couple of hours later doorstep caller phoned me up. told him writing only. he said he would bee passing it back. i think he said if not sorted, then maybe bailiffs?? can bailiffs just turn up??? i thought you would go to court first. any advice??

thanks

hi all, have recived text from scottcall ofering discount. then couple of hours later doorstep caller phoned me up. told him writing only. he said he would bee passing it back. i think he said if not sorted, then maybe bailiffs?? can bailiffs just turn up??? i thought you would go to court first. any advice??

thanks

Yes for bailiffs to act, there would need to be a court judgement against you first.

Remember that DCA staff and these s/employed door steppers are on commision, so they will talk about 'possible' ways a debt can be enforced.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Bailiffs cannot just turn up. A court case would be needed, you would have to lose and then not pay. These are all just the standard threats that these people come out with.

If a discount is being offered then that is a good indicator that something is wrong with the account.

Unlawful charges perhaps?

What paperwork and statements have you got on this account?

What does your credit file say about the account?

hi, thanks for the replies again. i am new to this so not sure what i really need to be checking???? what will my credit files tell me about the debt?? also where can i find the info??

thanks