• Tweets

• Back to octopus from the smart meter/tariff salesperson. Octopus have now said just ignore the letter - I dont have to have one despite there letter implying (at least) it was required, but that i will HAVE to have a smart meter if current meters stop working as 'their suppliers dont supply non smart meters any more'. I am of course going to challenge that. Thats their choice of meter fitter/supplier problem not mine
    • Point taken that we should inform new Caggers that the £20 option is there in wrong registration cases.  Well, supposedly there, who knows what the PPCs would do in practice.  Anyway, the option is allegedly there with both the BPA as you say, but also the IPC (I've just checked). However, there's a danger here of baby, bathwater. The two easiest types of cases to win are (a) residential - due to Supremacy of Contract and (b) wrong registration - due to "de minimis".  Indeed until recently we has been boasting that no Caggers, over two years, who had sent a PPC the wrong registration snotty letter, had even been taken to court, let alone lost a court hearing. We simply can do nothing about a terrible judge.  The judge seems - I say seems because we haven't had all the details - to have ignored "de minimis",. got fixated on a sign and awarded unreasonable behaviour costs.  A totally bizarre judgement.
    • You mean your witness statement 
    • That may be your personal claimed experience I said i didn't want smart meters - you jumped in to recommend smart meters I quite clearly indicated I was happy with being in credit to maintain constant payments - you suggest paying what I owe every month I quite clearly indicated I was happy with being in credit to maintain constant payments - you suggest a variable tariff - even if its one that only varies on a daily basis rather than half/hourly - with prices higher in winter when you need it and lowest in summer when you need it least   politeness ends with: - I'm NOT interested in any smart tariff I see, You are pushing your smart meter + variable tariffs in the wrong place - try pushing them somewhere 'nearer to home'  
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

chezt v's Studio Cards

chezt
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6273 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

No response on this one .... Expiry 2moro! looks like my letter had no effect! :rolleyes:

links to my current claims ...

My claim - Yorkshire Bank Visa

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Chezt v RBS Joint Account

chezt v Abbey Credit Card

Settled ...

chezt V Duet Card/Creation Finance

chezt v's Studio Cards

chezt v's Littlewoods Catalogue

Next ...

Abbey Joint a/c & Single a/c

Barclaycard (Mine & Hubby's)

Anyone else I can think of ...! :rolleyes:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No effect ?

They're just speechless. They realise that the usual waffle doesn't work, and they've got nothing else left to offer - apart from your money !!

Hence the "golden" silence ? :rolleyes:

Lookin' good to me, Houston !!

....da - da,da,da,da - pay...out !! :D

No effect ?

They're just speechless. They realise that the usual waffle doesn't work, and they've got nothing else left to offer - apart from your money !!

Hence the "golden" silence ? :rolleyes:

Wish they'd hurry up n just do it then!!! praps the research is takin longer than I expected?? Maybe they don't know how to use google! ;)

Just checked my account n still showing I owe them £80! PMSL New statement du to update any day so I'm keepin my eye on this one - may hold off with court claim a few days to see what happens - I've got enough to keep me busy ATM anyway! ;)

....da - da,da,da,da - pay...out !! :D

*conga music by any chance??*

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

• 1 month later...

Just to update on this .. I have had absolutely NOWT from Studio in response to my last letter! The reason I'm just holding off on this is that I've been checking my account balance online & in early November it showed the balance as being in credit for the amount of their 1st offer which they sent vouchers for less the interest charged ... they then applied 'Debit adjustment - Cash' for the amount they sent me for charges plus interest charged as a cheque which showed my balance on the account as £80 I owed them! Anyway, it now shows my balance as £240 that I owe!! I really dunno what they're playing at so I'm waiting for my next statement to see where the other amount has come from (there is no detail loaded online for it yet)

Hoping it will come real soon so I can see what they are doing & decide on my next action ... I admit to being just a 'wee bit' wary on proceeding with this one as they have refunded my charges & interest so i'm just outstanding the contractual interest now & not sure how a judge would see this .. ie would it make me look greedy & unreasonable??

I'm also wondering if I should go down the SCA request route in an attempt to move them on a bit?

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

• 2 weeks later...
.... i'm just outstanding the contractual interest now & not sure how a judge would see this .. ie would it make me look greedy & unreasonable??

I'm also wondering if I should go down the SCA request route in an attempt to move them on a bit?

Sorry, I didn't reply earlier to this, Chez. Dunno why. Too much banter above ? !!! ;):D

I think if contractual interest is your entitlement under the contract, then you should not be denied that by a Judge. Personal opinion is just that, and should not influence the Judge's decision in law. However, I would go all out to get as much evidence together as possible to show how unreasonable Studio has been in dealing with you - and they have provided that, themselves !! Anything more you can do now, to show YOU being reasonable, and THEM not, will be worth doing, I reckon.

So, yes, if you haven't done so far, then invest a squid and send the CCA off ASAP. I fully expect them to completely ignore it. Make sure you remind them - just briefly - just once, so it's on record that you tried to help them from falling into breach of the CCA. Their non-response will keep it out of court, I'm sure. If it does go in, though, they'll be in big CCA trouble, methinks !! :o

• Haha 1

D'ya know what Bill ... I haven't sent one for this ... ! I will get one posted Monday .... nowt to lose eh!

I've still not had my January statement so I may have to call them to send a copy. I'm presuming they have ceased the account as it now shows I owe £240 online n I would love to know what it's made up of! Checked online n it still shows December as the last statement so that's just got the refund cheque they sent applied to it !

Actually the CCA request asks for a current statement doesn't it so no need - thanks for the reply Bill! :)

(Still a bit wary to proceed with this one tho as it's just the contractual interest which is outstanding ..... :-| )

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

OK CCA request duly typed & ready to post ... also e-mailed for copies of December and January statements .... see what happens next!

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

(Still a bit wary to proceed with this one tho as it's just the contractual interest which is outstanding ..... :-| )

Don't forget, you can play at the same game as them. Take it to the steps, and drop it if you feel uneasy by then. :)

Don't forget, you can play at the same game as them. Take it to the steps, and drop it if you feel uneasy by then. :)

Mmmmmm might be worth £30 to see how far they'll go .....

I think I'm gonna hold off n see how the CCA goes 1st then take it from there - After that I presume I can just file a claim without no further warning to studio if that's what I decide??

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

Yeah, hold off, I agree. Let stuff run its' course, and let them slowly sink into the mire by ignoring your CCA. I personally would be inclined to send a LBA when they go into CCA breach, and let them know clearly then, exactly how much you've got against them. That won't cost £30, and you can maybe gauge from their reply whether to go further or not. Give them time to negotiate, even. With all that stuff hanging over them, they will surely make an effort, then !! Leave the £30 until you really have exhausted them !!!!

Then - if they haven't folded by then - make your decision about the SCC claim.

What say you ?

Hi chezt,

I saw my wife's Studio statement and headed straight here to see if anyone had taken them on, and your thread here has made me decide to get her "Administration" charges back too. Consider me subscribed. :)

Reading the way things have gone for you with this, I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry. I'm laughing because you got all your charges back, but I could cry when I see what their incompetence has done to the balance on your account.

I have a couple of queries if I may.

Can I use your wonderful letters for when I make my wife's claim? They seem to be just perfect.

What is the 'service charge' on the statement? Is that the Interest? If it is, what a bunch of thieves they are!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Thanks in advance and love to your little muffin

OB

Edit: Gee, Bill-k; you don't half get around, mate. :p

Please read the Stickies and FAQs. Your question may have been answered already.

Old Bear vs. NatWest - won after first letter £600

Mrs Bear vs. Studio - won after first letter £360

Old Bear vs. Abbey - won after first letter - only £50, but it's the principle

Old Bear vs. Black Horse - £117 of charges wiped off 2 loans, but more WILL follow

Mrs Bear vs. Index (Littlewoods) - SAR sent - 2/2/2007

Hi chezt,

I saw my wife's Studio statement and headed straight here to see if anyone had taken them on, and your thread here has made me decide to get her "Administration" charges back too. Consider me subscribed.

Reading the way things have gone for you with this, I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry. I'm laughing because you got all your charges back, but I could cry when I see what their incompetence has done to the balance on your account.

I have a couple of queries if I may.

Can I use your wonderful letters for when I make my wife's claim? They seem to be just perfect.

What is the 'service charge' on the statement? Is that the Interest? If it is, what a bunch of thieves they are!!! :mad: :mad:

Thanks in advance and love to your little muffin

OB

Edit: Gee, Bill-k; you don't half get around, mate. :p

Aww thanks for the luv to my lil muffin! Energetic lil chufta eh?! Yes of course you can use my letters ... copy n paste away! That's why I posted in the faint hope they may help others.

Also, yup the service charge is another word for interest .... they think if they call it a service it'll be better me thinks ... still an absolute fortune tho eh ... oughta wear masks the robbers!!

From experience they seem to pay the admin charges back no bother but expect to receive vouchers first .. just return them & tell 'em you want a cheque tho & there will be no bother I'm sure. They're digging in their heels a bit with the contractual interest tho so I think I just need to dig mine in a little harder.

I've been on the verge of 'chickening out' on this but my mates are there to encourage me so I think I may carry on ... just waiting an updated statement to see how they've reached a £240 balance on an account that's been zero for so long & all I've had is a refund from them!!! Laughable or what!!

Anayway, good luck with your claim :)

ps ... well done you for managing to read all my thread ... there's been a bit of frivolity along the way but we hope it just makes for a more interesting read .... hay Bill ... Willow ... bong .... :rolleyes:

:D

• Haha 1

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

I e-mailed Studio regarding my missing statements (Dec & Jan) and got this reply ...

Dear chezt

REF: Your email dated xxx

Please accept our apologies for not receiving statement xxx. All of our

statements are mailed out so that payments can be made by the due date, a copy of this statement will be forwarded. Statement xxx is being

printed on 2/2/2007 & will be posted shortly to you.

Watching the letterbox ... will be interesting to see what happened to make the zero balance in excess of £200!! :rolleyes:

ps - they've chased the £1 cheque today for the CCA request too

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

OOOOOOMMMMMMMGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!

I can't believe it!!!! I've just checked my online balance - to see if they've applied the £1 to my account ... and surprise surprise they have ... BUT that's not the best bit ... bearing in mind my account balance was zero ... they sent me vouchers which I returned & they applied to my account which left me in credit! THEN they refunded charges + interest which they applied to my account and showed a balance of £80. WELLLLLLL here's the good bit ... Infact here's the full detail ....

01 Feb 2007 SERVICE CHARGE £ 2.08 £ 82.08

01 Feb 2007 ADMINISTRATION CHARGE £ 20.00 £ 102.08

01 Feb 2007 CASH PAYMENT - THANK YOU £ 1.00 £ 101.08

20 Dec 2006 DEBIT ADJUSTMENT - CASH £ 80.00 £ 181.08

16 Dec 2006 ADMINISTRATION CHARGE £ 80.00 £ 261.08

MY online balance is now £261.08 that I owe Studio !!!!!!!!!!!! Not bad for a zero balance starter eh!!!!!!!!!

Dunno how it will look on the printed statement but it reads upside down online (as I've posted above!) :o :confused: :confused: :confused:

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

01 Feb 2007 SERVICE CHARGE £ 2.08 £ 82.08

01 Feb 2007 ADMINISTRATION CHARGE £ 20.00 £ 102.08

01 Feb 2007 CASH PAYMENT - THANK YOU £ 1.00 £ 101.08

20 Dec 2006 DEBIT ADJUSTMENT - CASH £ 80.00 £ 181.08

16 Dec 2006 ADMINISTRATION CHARGE £ 80.00 £ 261.08

MY online balance is now £261.08 that I owe Studio !!!!!!!!!!!! Not bad for a zero balance starter eh!!!!!!!!!

Dunno how it will look on the printed statement but it reads upside down online (as I've posted above!) :o :confused: :confused: :confused:

Hang on, Chez. Your balance was £261.08 on 16/12/06:-

"16 Dec 2006 ADMINISTRATION CHARGE £ 80.00 £ 261.08"

And then reduced to £82.08 by 1/2/07:-

"01 Feb 2007 SERVICE CHARGE £ 2.08 £ 82.08"

Or am I reading it wrong, myself ?

Yeah it's upside down I know ... the balances read totally wrong but then it says ... your current balace is £261.08 .... FOOLS!

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

Are the dates upside down maybe?

Not that it matters; whichever way you read it, they have definitely been adding things on, certainly not taking them off.

You're right, what a bunch of fools.

bodes well for my claim, doesn't it?? :D

OB

Please read the Stickies and FAQs. Your question may have been answered already.

Old Bear vs. NatWest - won after first letter £600

Mrs Bear vs. Studio - won after first letter £360

Old Bear vs. Abbey - won after first letter - only £50, but it's the principle

Old Bear vs. Black Horse - £117 of charges wiped off 2 loans, but more WILL follow

Mrs Bear vs. Index (Littlewoods) - SAR sent - 2/2/2007

Are the dates upside down maybe?

Not that it matters; whichever way you read it, they have definitely been adding things on, certainly not taking them off.

You're right, what a bunch of fools.

bodes well for my claim, doesn't it?? :D

OB

No the dates appear to be in the right order cos they've just cashed the CCA request cq!

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

• 3 weeks later...

Update & decision time!

UPDATE: I received a letter from Studio on Saturday stating how concerned they are to hear pf my recent problems blah blah ... They have enclosed a 'specimin' credit agreement which they say they do not charge for & have therefore credited my £1 to my account. They also say they've adjusted my account & therefore I now have a credit balance of £1 (& it is cos I've checked online) which obviously means they've realised what a mess they made of the account!

DECISION: I've decided to close this claim now & not persue for contractual interest ... basically they have refunded the charges, the interest on them + 8% interest so I think in light of recent discussions I could be asking for trouble to take this any further. Also I'll be glad to basically 'put another claim to bed' so to speak.

I shall in due course be obtaining a copy of my credit file (:-| ) and if there is a default on there then I shall deal with that accordingly.

So I spose I won!? :)

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

Well done Chezt. I stumbled across your thread a while ago and it made me decide to contact them. Had my transactions etc a week or so ago so I must crack on with them. Likewise, they have credited the £10 for SAR to my account (which I hasten to add has been a nil balance for about 2 years!)

Good on you....I shall certainly be referring to your thread to align it with mine (if you dont mind of course!)

NOTE TO SELF.....Dont forget to put the blinking extra lines on the spreadsheet for ALL the months of interest :D

Morgan Stanley

**Won 31.01.07 with CCI**

Capital One

**Won 19.04.07 with CCI**

Halifax current & Joint

Verbal S.A.R 11.01.07, stats recd 18.01.07

Halifax Visa prelim sent 26.01.07. Reply 31.01.07 Filed N1 on 20.03.07 - Judgement granted, sent in the bailiffs

GE Capital

Frazercard Prelim sent with CCI 27.01.07

Burtons Prelim sent with CCI 22.01.07

RBOS Visa S.A.R sent 12.01.07

Partners JJB card (Creation) *Won* with part interest - 15.02.07

Partners LLOYDS Account S.A.R 13.12.06 - stats recd 30.01.07. Prelim sent with CCI 01.02.07

Partners BOS Mastercard Offered all charges except £12. Refused. N1 filed 20.03.07 - Judgement granted, sent in the bailiffs