Annual Leave entitlement in Notice period

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4056 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All,

I finally managed to secure myself my next job, however I am not too clear about somethings before i hand in my resignation letter. Our holiday period runs from Beginning Feb 2013 to end Jan 2014, and I am entitled to 20 day per annum which means every month i work i should get 1.67days.

When I work my notice do i still build up holiday entitlements? i.e more days as i want to take those days at the end of my notice period so I can start my new job earlier.

I'm a manager within the company I work for and holidays do accrue during the notice period where I work. Not sure if that's a standard thing or not but I would have thought so as you are working, notice period or not. Hope this helps.

Cool - thanks for your reply, I am hoping so too - but I suspect my employer might try it on, i have read through my contract and I see nothing of that sort. I just want to be prepared and cover all angles.

Any ideas on taking it at the end of the notice period can they make me take it before then?

Holiday will accrue during yiour notice period and yes, they can if they choose tell you to take holiday during your notice period instead of paying extra.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Hi Em, thanks I have no issue taking the holidays, I actually don't want to get paid extra for them i much rather take them.

But my question is really about leaving my job early by taking my holiday at the end of my notice period, so i leave 3 days earlier.

they can tell you exactly when you are going to take your holidays. you have no right to pick the days. But you can ask nicely!

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

You can ask but they don't have to allow it. If you are leaving on good grounds I'd ask the question and submit my resignation. If you are leaving on bad grounds, I'd just submit my resignation stating you wish to take your remaining holiday for the last 3 days. If they refuse then you either speak to your new employer or don't turn up fr the last few days and deal with the consequences from the reference.

The working time regulations allow you to ask for a specific leave period providing you give the correct notice in writing and your employer has to respond in a prescribed manner if they wish to prevent you taking that leave. They can only object for "operational" reasons but I cant see a problem otherwise they will have to pay you overtime as it cannot be made up in the future.