Ready to have a go at Barclaycard! now received CC Claim for full amount

Smoothound

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2607 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After too many years of running to stand still

I am writing to Barclaycard to tell them I will be making a token payment of between £1 and £5 per month in future

as I am too hard up to pay the true minimum payment of around £50.

I have recently skipped paying a couple of months so the phonecalls and letters have started.

I will also be sending off a SAR because

I have recently noticed that because my credit history recently is not too good they have reduced my available credit to £0

and are charging me £12 pcm for the privilege!

I am also tempted to sent off a letter along the lines of this one

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?256822-Madnes-v-Barclaycard-**REFUNDED-EASILY**

just to get the ball rolling while I wait for my SAR to comeback allowing me to construct a spreadsheet.

I'm just a little unsure what I can actually claim as unfair/illegal and what I cannot?

Thanks for listening :)

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

I have moved your thread to the Barclaycard forum.

You should most certainly be reclaiming these £12 charges plus interest and there are many successes which you can read up on in the Barclaycard Successes forum. In particular, have a look at Shelley's success thread....it is pretty much a start to finish tutorial on the process involved.

As you say, you will need the SAR information first though so I would get that done as soon as possible.

Edited by ims21

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

:thumb:

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

Hi Smoothound,

In answer to your Q above, you can reclaim :-

Late pay't fees

Over limit fees

Returned pay't fees

As Ims says, maximise your claim by reclaiming compound interest on all the charges.

Read the example threads here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?97-Barclays-BCard-and-Woolwich-successes

There are also some cases running here in the current forum, eg ShutMeUp - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?364605-BARCLAYCARD-**WON**-Charges-repaid-with-compound-int-t-and-DN-removed**(1-Viewing)-nbsp

:wink:

We could do with some help from you

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Is there a specific letter I should send as a preliminary to all this to freeze the account while I dispute the charges or will they freeze additional charges and payments once they receive the SAR? My MBNA card that I reclaimed PPI on was already defaulted when I started the claim and with a 3rd party whereas this one is still "live" as it were!!

Hi SH,

The may continue to add charges, in which case you make your claim based on current info and add on any subsequent charges when you negotiate settlement with the bank.

There's no letter that will make them stop adding charges so, when you have the necessary info, you'll just use a standard preliminary reclaim letter.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

• 2 weeks later...

Not heard anything from either letter yet but I did get a nice text today from Barclaycard telling me I have a DN coming from Mercers because I have not paid anything for a while. Not received it yet though as far as I know...

So it's coming from the next desk from who ever sent the text!!

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hi Smoothound,

If you fail to make payments as required, they will Default you, despite the fact that you're in the process of reclaiming the penalty charges.

If you're in Financial Difficulty, they should stop adding charges and interest. See this article and send them the letter provided in it - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?557-Letter-for-an-application-for-consideration-for-hardship

Well I've already sent them something similar coupled with a request that they repay me my charges over the term of the card. So I guess i will wait and see what the response is from that and move on from there?

Did you ask them for compound interest on the penalty charges and enclose a spreadsheet.

No, no spreadsheet included, this was a letter similar to the one in the link in my original post just asking for them to be refunded. I sent the SAR at around the same time so I had no amounts to request as I only have a few recent statements to go on currently. Just thought it was worth asking the question for the price of a recorded letter!

OK, noted.

Until you make a formal request detailing the amounts you want refunded, they're not likely to take you seriously.

Started doing my spread sheet with what statements I have and I'm using CISheet v101.xls. I'm currently using 29.9% as my interest rate is this about right or is there an approved rate to charge?

You can use the rate of 29.9% but most of the successes appear to have used a rate of 24.9% as a rate of interest in restitution.

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

Some claimants have used 29.9% compound and won.

However, I suggest using a nominal rate of 24.9%. It's a little easier to justify and BC have paid out at this rate more often. They may feel less of a need to defend so vigorously.

My suggestion is to wait for all the data you need and then compare the figures for interest at both rates. See which of the figures you are prepared to go for.

:-)

Thanks slick. I've just realised I'm going to have to rejig my sheet anyway as it appears I can't resort it with the sort option. I've entered stuff out of date order so I'll have to redo it when my SAR stuff comes which I bet will only be the last 6 years so I will have to play tennis with them to get older statements :(

You should be able to use a data sort facility on the spready.

If the one you're using won't allow it, enter your charges data on this one which I know can "sort" data using the date as the first criterion - http://www.shweb.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/interestcalcs.xls

Edited by slick132
added link !!

Sorry about that.

I'm sure you should be able to "sort" data on that sheet.

However, I've added the link to the other spready into my last post and it's here too - http://www.shweb.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/interestcalcs.xls

I checked this and you CAN "data sort" to put random dates into sequence. Remember to select ALL the data when "sorting" or you'll put the dates into the right order but leave the other data as it was.

:-)

I tried sorting on the sheet I have but my version of Excel kept giving errors about the merged cells having to be identically sized or something :(

Yours works a treat though ;) Thank you :)

Glad it worked.

:-D

BC have just called my phone number 15 to 20 times without a break! In my book that is harassment!! Just gone to my phone log and although the number came up each time there are no entries for today at all How the hell did they do that?