ESA not paid - does this happen often

sar2004
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3334 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If they say they paid it, say you have proof it isn't in the account. this may make them look deeper. We are chasing up a jSa payment, from 2 weeks ago, and what happened was the payment was authorised late so they tried to do a a fast electronic payment BUT FEP's have to be signed off by a team manager within 4 hours - ours wasn't so it was rejected. It took us a week to find this out. Only when we said we had proof it hadn't been paid did they look into it properly. Hopefully yours will be simpler. We had a problem a few weeks ago too, and this was sorted on the same day. We were told all kinds of different things this time too, including that a giro had been sent because payment was late!

Most banks will take off charges the first time an account goes into overdraft through no fault of the account holder, I would suggest though that the DD is changed to come out a few days after a payment is expected , then if this happens again there is time to sort it out.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

Most banks will take off charges the first time an account goes into overdraft through no fault of the account holder, I would suggest though that the DD is changed to come out a few days after a payment is expected , then if this happens again there is time to sort it out.

Can one claim charges back from the bank if its ESA

The money was definately due on Friday so no mistake there.

I will ring them tomorrow and hopefully it can be sorted out quickly.

My big worry now is if they have put him on a review every 3 months. My son attends a special school and due to the distance this is a day of school every time!

I have no objection to a regular review but given he was diagnosed when he was 2 and is now 16 - things are hardly likely to change at all.

I just feel now like ESA is unreliable and that anything that comes out of my sons account - guitar lessons, swimming direct debit etc I need to make sure I can afford to pay it as I cannot guarrantee ESA will be paid on time - what an absolute pain.

I have worried all weekend about this and will be on the phone at 8am in the morning

It would be incredibly tedious for me to explain, but sometimes payments don't get made because of computer errors, or some minor processing mistake. Thankfully the Faster Electronic Payment (FEP) makes rectifying these mistakes easier.

Ye I guess thats what happened, although they shouldnt lie on the phone.

Called them at exactly 08:00 this morning. 18 minutes on hold..... Anyway I finally get through and am told there is nothing on the system to say why the payment has not been made as usual. The lady on the phone said that if correspondance had been sent out which requires my response then she would be able to see that. She offered that information - I didn't even mention forms or anything else.

Got to wait for someone in processing to look into it and call me back - hate waiting..still worried sick.

:-(

I'm sure someone will call you back apologetic and your son will receive a Faster Electronic Payment into his bank account today (have you checked the account today just in case it's gone in?). Also as already suggested, I would take the opportunity to ask how long your son has been placed in the Support Group. Good luck, keep us updated.

Hiya - I checked first thing this morning - praying the money was there..no such luck. If this does happen often I really wonder how on earth people cope. At least my son has me to rely on to help him resolve these issues but also help him financially as best I can while it is sorted out. What on earth do people do if this is their main source of income?? x

Quick update - well it seems you were all right. I received a call from DWP to say that there was no reason why my sons payment had not gone in - it was a 'glitch' they will send it today! I also checked on how often his review is and he is only due in November - the guy said every 12 months.

Thanks so much for your help - at least I can stop worrying and if it happens again I will know. I can watch out for his form coming closer to November too!!

Great advice peeps thank you :)

Am glad that this was sorted for you. I know how it feels, and given the track record of Atos etc its so easy to get anxious when money isn't paid as usual. Please do speak to the bank though, re any charge for failed d/d and explain, they may not charge you and can refund it if already taken. Enjoy your week.

• 1 year later...

To all those people who have not been paid there benefits proper since the new law came in with benefits, let me tell you what i went through, one word would be HELL; last year 2014 i went through this and nearly ended up in a really bad way,

To all those people who have not been paid there benefits proper since the new law came in with benefits, let me tell you what i went through, one word would be HELL; last year 2014 i went through this and nearly ended up in a really bad way,

Hi beauty051.

Sorry you had to go through that last year, is it possible that you can start a new thread and expand further about your experience, I'm sure it might be useful for other members/ readers, sometime in the future, especially with all the new regimes coming into fruition soon.

I for one would like to keep upto date with how any changes may affect me anytime soon, or in the near future.

Kind regards

CookieRocks