MBQ V Cap One

moltonbrownqueen
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6282 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all

Just preparing my prelim letter for Cap One. By the time i get to moneyclaim stage Lloydstsb should have paid up, so i'l have the pennies to start this one rolling.

They owe me almost 4x my credit limit. lol.

I really hope they don't close my account tho, nobody else would give me a CC now.

Regards

the train of thought has left the station, hope i was on the right platform!!

Lloyds TSB

prelim sent 06/07/06 response rec'd 14/07/06

LBA sent 20/07/06 response rec'd 27/07/06

Moneyclaim filed 22/08/06 Ack'd 30/08/06

Defence filed 26/09/06 AQ filed 12/10/06

hearing set for 10th Jan 2007

Cap One

prelim sent 2nd Nov 2006 First offer rec'd 14th Nov

any thoughts, suggestions or advice given by MBQ are done so without prejudice. All information I have, i have learned from this excellent site. If in any doubt, seek professsional advice.

ok, here's a question!

i think i'm right in saying that the interest you add at initial stage is that charged for cash advances. The only reference to that i can find is on the back of my statement under charges, and it says 'cash withdrawal charge 3% (min £3)' and on the Interest Charging Information it says 'Cash Withdrawals - Interest is charged from the date of the transaction until that transaction has been repaid'.

So, should i add a flat 3% to each charge, or 3% to the total of charges, or try to calculate the 3% from the date of each charge?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Regards

Lloyds TSB

Cap One

any thoughts, suggestions or advice given by MBQ are done so without prejudice. All information I have, i have learned from this excellent site. If in any doubt, seek professsional advice.

• 2 weeks later...

hi all

Am bumping this coz i'm desperate for an answer now i've totally befuddled myself over interest charges.

The interest i refer to is the initial int. you claim in prelim/lba letter. is it -

3% as above post?

1.83% per month as purchase int? and is that individually or as a whole total?

i'm in a mucking fuddle and need ONE SOLID ANSA PLEASE

thanx, Regards

Lloyds TSB

Cap One

you need the interest charged on the penalty fees.

the spreadsheet does the calculation.

not to sure what % though

-----------------------------------------------

Mortgage Express charges- settled in full after issuing claim

------------------------------------------------

To view the FAQ'S click here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

To view the PRELIM letter click here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/516-1-data-protection-act.html

To view the Letter Before Action click here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/92-3-letter-before-action.html

To find Registered Address:

http://www.esd.informationcommissioner.gov.uk/esd/search.asp

If my advise helps click here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/reputation.php?p=366404

If you are intending to claim contractual interest, then it is the 1.83% you mention above.

iGroup (GE Money) - AoS Filed late, defence late, amended defence also late despite extra time requested and granted.

Vanquis - Claim issued, no AoS or Defence received

thanx guys, i know what i'm doing now (at long last). will print and send letter 2mz.

regards

Lloyds TSB

Cap One

The 1.83% above will be a monthly apr. for a true apr you need to times it by 12 so 21.9 and thats the rate you would use for contratual intrest.

the 3% fee is a fee for being able to with draw cash from a ATM i am not sure if this is reclaimable. As as far as i was aware only the intrest charged as a direct result of the penatly fee was reclaimable

Hi

Apply the 21.5% Apr rate to each charge. You can not claim the 8% added at the court claim stage. It's one or the other but not both.Contractual compounded interest is what you need to claim,especially on the credit card.

Uk..

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

• 3 weeks later...

hey u guys.....

thanks for all your help. not been around for a while so here's a quick update.

rec'd a reply from Mr Udy on 14th nov, only 10 days after prelim letter, offering to refund the difference between £20 and £12 charge.

Am just putting together a 'no thanks, i'll have the lot' letter.

i did think about accepting, after all £318 squids is not to be sniffed at this time of year! But then i thought, nah, it's my money and i want it back!!!!!

so, here goes.

regards

Lloyds TSB

Cap One

• 1 month later...

having rec'd settlement in full from lloyds, i now have the money to file at MCOL.

Duly done !!!!!!!!

thanks to lloyds i'm off on holiday in april, so i'm hoping cap one will be providing the spending money. lol

Regards

Lloyds TSB

Cap One

Hi molton, i'm just about to file my claim with courts but am unsure on something, in regards to the part payment they offered did you just knock the amount off your original spreadsheet and claim for the rest or did you leave the spreadsheet as it was and mentioned in the particulars that you have had £x already refunded.

Good luck with your claim

hi jazzy

as i did not accept part settlement, i filed with the original amount claimed.

if you have accepted partial settlement, i think i'm right in saying that this should be mentioned in your claim. You could always pm a site helper, or go into the chat room and ask, just to make sure.

The settlement i mentioned in above post was from Lloyds, not Cap One.

good luck with your claim.

regards

Lloyds TSB

Cap One

Hi Jazzy

Stick to your time table and enter the claim for the full amount. They will not pay up until you have signed the acceptance letter they have sent you. If you keep going they will pay out in full.

Uk

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Hi Jazzy

Here is the letter after your PM:

YOUR Street

Town

City

Postcode

Date

BANK NAME

Address

Address

Postcode

Re: Account number XXXXXXXX

Response to settlement offer.

Dear [named sender or Sirs]

Thank you for your letter dated xx/xx/xx

I respectfully decline your offer of settlement and request, once again, that you return to me all charges imposed on this account, totalling £xxxx

I will accept the sum offered only as part settlement and on the clear understanding that I will pursue recovery of the remainder, with a County Court claim if necessary.

My letter before action sent previously indicates that you have until xx/xx/xx to respond before Court action commences. You are reminded that there will be no extension to this timescale.

I trust this clarifies my position.

Yours faithfully

[signature]

[print name]

Can you start your own thread under Capital One?, as we are using someone elses thread.

Uk

WARNING TO ALL

Hi uk, i never had an acceptance letter to sign and send back they just sent a letter saying they are willing to refund £x which they did and it was swollowed up by my card balance. I am worried if i claim for the full amount it might not look too good.

Apologies for going on with this

J

Hi uk only just got your pm, i better start from the beginning. Sent prelim out for £x amount, got reply before the 14 days were up offering £x amount (not the full amount claimed) then sent lba letter with a paragraph saying that i accept the offer as part payment but want the rest or i will take it to court, got a letter before the 14 days were up again to say sorry no more money, this is final. they have already paid the partial refund in my card account.

Hope this clears it up:D

Hi Jazzy

Just amend your claim now and file with MCOL. I assume it is signed by Mr Udy?.. He won't move on full payment from the threads and my own experience with them.

Can you start your own thread?

Uk

WARNING TO ALL

Hi jazzyb,

When you received the letter offering part settlement (full in their eyes) how long did it take for them to refund the money into your account? Do I understand correctly that they offered it and just put it in before you accepted?

Rouge

CAPITAL ONE

14th Dec - SAR

13th Jan - Prelim

27th Jan - LBA

27th Jan - 12% settlement offer (refused)

8th Feb - N1 claim issued

Hi rouge, they just paid it in about a day or two after i had received the letter. If you have any other questions mate my thread is called particulars, i have already done enough hyjacking on this thread:D

Apologies molton for the hyjacking

Good luck with your claim