Landlord charging for unfair damages

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4054 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,Please help me with your suggestions. I moved in a property which had heavy leakage in the bathroom whenever we used to take a shower. One day I slipped in the bathroom because of the leakage and accidently stepped on the tiling structure covering the overflow pipe from the shower cubicle.The material holding the tiles had weakened considerably because of the leakage so the tiles covering the pipe came apart after I stepped on them but did not break. After I have moved out, the landlord is charging me for getting the tiling done again for covering the overflow pipe from the bathroom shower cubicle. I feel it's unfair to charge me for the repairs because the bathroom was not in good working condition when I moved it and the damages occurred because of an accident caused by the landlords negligience. Please let me know who would be liable for the repairs in this case.

Did you contact your landlord about the leak in the bathroom at any point? Was anything related to the leak noted in your check-in inventory/report?

If you have evidence the landlord knew about the leak yet did nothing about it you could successfully argue it was this that caused the problems with the tiling.

Remember, if you don't agree with your landlord's proposed deductions from your deposit, you can lodge a formal dispute with the company that holds your deposit.