jmf76 v Barclays/Barclaycard

jmf76
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6085 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After reading this website I decided to try and and retrieve my charges back from my old Barclays & Barclaycard accounts. My other half also has Barclays accounts which I'm going for aswell.

Data Protection Act letters are in the post - I'll let you know what happens...

Barclays & Barclaycard - on hold due to test case :mad:

RBS - won & settled :-D

Now who else should I target... :-D

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update on my progress - received Barclays standard 'Data Protection Act' letter today - request for schedule of charges turned aside, however copy statements will be sent within the next few weeks etc.

• 4 months later...

Well I completely forgot about chasing this up until I got my Barclays letter asking where to send the statements to. I've received my statements today (my OH will be getting his on Monday) so have had the highlighter pen at the ready to check how I'm doing, which wasn't too bad.

However...

1. I have charges for 'Paid Referral' which I will claim but also for 'Overdraft fee' - £5 each from 2001. Are these unauthorised overdraft fees or standard acct o/d fees. I can't remember which they are and typically can't find any paperwork so was hoping someone could help me.

2. Fortunately on my Barclaycard I have only been onverdrawn once and charged £12 for the privilege - is it worth claiming this back? I understand things are slightly different for credit cards so was hoping someone could clarify.

Thanks in advance!

Hi

Paid referrals are unauthorised o/d fees. If my memory is correct Barclays used to charge a service for Overdrafts on accounts until they had been upgraded to Additions. If the £5 is a service fee then you will not be able to claim it back

• Haha 1

Thanks for the info trucker - I suspected as much but couldn't quite remember!

• 2 months later...

Well after working out I had £40 in charges (every little helps!) I sent my Prelim letter off back in April stating the £40 plus £14.55 in interest if I took this to court, got the bog standard letter back from Barclays so wrote back with the LBA on 1st May. Have been offered a settlement figure of £40 which I think I will take.

My OH however is in a different predicament - worked out he was owed £1485 (and would receive £417 in interest if it went through to court). He's been offered £1115 (75%) as settlement and is considering accepting, however I'm not so sure!!

• 3 weeks later...

Oneofakind - you right and I finally persuade my OH to the same logic. SO I accepted my offer and have put a MCOL in for his - just have to wait and see now.

Have also put a MCOL in for my claim against RBS - they didn't even bother to respond with a part-settlement figure.

Fingers crossed!

• 1 month later...

Well my RBS & Barclaycard have both been settled and I won. However I'm still ongoing with my OH claim.

I received a Notice of Transfer of Proceedings (now moved to Telford County Court) this weekend with a copy of Barclays defence - looks pretty standard compared to what other people have been writing. Also AQ has been dispensed with so I'm assuming I don't currently have to do anything but wait? Or should I phone Barclays to see if they'll settle?

• 1 month later...

Right now I'm a bit confused.

My OH received a letter from the courts stating on the 8th August the papers in our claim were considered by the District Judge and upon neither party attending that the claim is stayed until further notice, although we can apply to life the stay if we wish.

1. We never received anything to state we had to go to court on 8th August - if we had we would have attended, so should I phone up the courts and query this?

2. Is it worth us trying to lift the stay?

JMF,

Write to the Court saying you were unaware that your case was being considered and that, if you had been aware, you would have attended with post #2 from here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/17065-application-removal-stay-updated.html#post1046820 to request that your case proceeds.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)