Surfer01

Totally gobsmacked with Firstplus payments

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2450 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

In November 2004 we took out a loan for £53300. We sold in February 2006 and repaid £48411. There was still an outstanding balance of £5773. We have been paying approximately £70 per month since then to pay off the balance. Adding up our all our credits to date shows we have paid a staggering £87887. That is Eighty seven thousand and eight hundred and eighty seven pounds! We still owe about £4400 to settle the account! On the outstanding balance alone we have paid £5168!

I wish there was some way we could get rid of this debt. The last payment is due in November 2019 6 years after we are on state pension! Surely some mis-selling going on because as pensioners how would be have been able to afford a repayment of nearly £600 per month?

Edited by Surfer01

Nothing surprises me with Barclays First plus, there is the clue in the name, BARCLAYS, now with the LIBOR fixing [problem] this company is going to get hammered, keep your eyes peeled have a look on the First plus forum this is disgruntled First plus borrowers they are looking into legal action against Barclays for the fixing scheme.

I had a first plus loan, but after my marriage breakdown I just handed the keys back to the 1st chargee and walked, told First Plus they could whistle for there money, I have my BR money saved and have never been so well off in a way, I have paid my unsecured creditors who managed to supply a valid CCA and kept the account a small sum, ( not many could comply ) so from spending £1,130 on a house and £640 + outgoings on debt and working everyday God sent I am now down to a nice rent and £40 payment towards the few creditors who could comply. I have me two days off and my health is much improved. NEVER AGAIN WILL I GO INTO DEBT FOR ANYTHING. I am in my mid-fifties now and yes I was silly, took massive debt on mainly for my self employed business I had. I have been since 2012 such a happy bunny now, not rich at all but at least I have food money and utility money without having to rob some other. I push bike to work.

I would certainly take a long hard look at your contract and if it were me I would tell FP to jog on, but that is entirely up to you.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Happyhippy1959

I would SAR them to see if they have added any late payment fees or other charges you could claim back

HTH (Hope This Helps) RDM2006

THE FORCE (OF CAG) IS WITH YOU

;)

We've Helped You To Claim - Now Help Us Remain

A live Site - Make a Donation

All advice and opinions given by people on this site are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

However, if you have found any advice you have been given helpful.

Why not show your gratitude And

Click the * on the post you found helpful.

I would SAR them to see if they have added any late payment fees or other charges you could claim back

There are 3 bounced DD charges amounting to about £75 but hey ho that is my money!