JSA decision delayed since 2nd Jan 2013 (over 10 weeks)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2977 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Really looking for some advice as I'm losing all patience with this system.

I am 33 years old, have lived in the UK my whole life, have worked since I was 16 without a break in employment. I was made redundant on 28th Dec 2012 and started a claim for JSA and housing benefits on 2nd Jan. I live with my wife who works 19 hours a week and my 20 month old daughter. I own a property which is rented out as it's only 1 bed and has no capital in it and we live in a rented 2 bed house.

My claim for JSA was closed as they didn't receive back a second property form from me (A64A I think). This is despite completing it twice and having proof of posting. I opened a new claim on 22nd Feb and completed all the forms (including a request for backdate) at the JC on the 25th - where I was told they weren't surprised that the Worthing JC didn't receive my paperwork as "it's like a black hole down there!"!!!!

On my way back from the JC on the 25th I received a call asking me if I'd taken home with me the paperwork I'd signed while there, I looked and confirmed I hadn't. I was advised it must have been misplaced. I called the general enquiries number a couple of days later to check all my paperwork had been received but was told I'd have to wait 14 working days after my claim was made before they could investigate.

I have called them today (15th March) and the lady said that there were no notes on the system to say anything had been received and that she could only see what was on her screen. I asked to speak to someone who could help and was told to expect a call back.

This is as far as I have gotten but I am getting concerned at the length of time this is taking. My housing and council tax benefits are I believe ready to pay out however they are waiting for a copy of the JSA award letter. I am starting to really struggle now and face the prospect of not being able to pay my rent or bills much longer.

Any help or advice on what I can do, say, who to speak to etc would be appreciated. Would it be worth speaking to the council, CAB or writing a strongly worded letter to someone?

Many thanks

<(o.o)> Smackbat

:) Smile.co.uk - £4,400 WON 12/10/06

:)Smile.co.uk - £156 WON Feb 07

:)Smile.co.uk - £280 WON 25/06/07

:mad: Egg PLC - £3,420.72 - Defence filed 24/06/07

:? Alliance & Leicester - DPR Request sent

:? Woolich PLC - To Start

As you attended the JCP to complete the second interview to register your claim there will be record on LMS and CMS should alsp be updated to show you attended.

I think it should be a question of them reprinting the CMS statement and sending it over again urgently for you.

The original A64A (form about property/land owned) wlould have gon e to the Benefit Centre as that is a benenfit form not a JCP form and I have personally placed items of post into the polylope envelopes that are sent via courier between the JCP and DWP processing offices and have been told that other itens have been received but not other items that were all in the same envelope only for them to turn approx 1 week later. I honestly don't know how or why it happens but it does and is nothing personal althoug yes it annoying.

I wuld also suggest making a formal complaint in writing of the lack of progress on your claim to date.