Lloyds give out my personal information to my parents without my permission

mightyb
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4032 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My parents were at the bank sorting out their finances. My mother decides she wants to transfer me some money that she owes me. Their personal banker proceeds with the transfer, then tells them that I have a loan and she would like to speak to me and books an appointment with me via them. Obviously trying to sell some BS. The thing is, I'm a grown up man with my own bank account etc. My parents are not involved in my finance and they did not even know I had a loan. Is it not a data protection act violation telling them about my loan etc.? What if this leads to a family dispute?

Thank you.

Yes, you are quite right.

It is a breach of the Data Protection Act and it is also a breach of BCOBS.

These are serious breaches.

You could complain to the FOS or you could bring a county court action for a rapid solution. It is up to you which you want to do.

I would begin by making a written complaint to them. I think that you have to demand a reasonable compensation for their breaches.

How old are you? What has been the reaction by your parents? Can you describe any damage or distress which has been caused.

Whatever you decide, make a formal complaint to the ICO.

By the way, do everything in writing - nothing on the phone.

Thank you for a quick reply. I'm 26. I'm not sure about the damages as it only just happened a few hours ago but this will definitely result in a family feud and arguments.

Which branch are talking about here?

Write a strong complaint to the ICO and send that off now.

Write an initial letter of complaint to the bank and tell them that you are simply putting down your marker and that you will be coming to them with a figure for compensation once it is clear what damage has been done.

Then give it a couple of weeks and come back here and tell us what the situation is.

Lloyds are idiots. They just can't get the staff nowadays.