Touting on this forum by Clark Richards debt management - Complete Money??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3673 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there

We are in a DMP with Debt Help Direct.

I have been having problems getting through to them on the phone and via email.

Had an email from MD earlier this week saying that they were having problems with the phone system and that they would contact me the next day.

I heard nothing and couldn't get hold of them.

I have just googled the MD's name and see that we was arrested yesterday for fraud and drugs.

What do we do.

They have been taking money each month.

Have they been paying my creditors?

I don't know what I do now.

I have cancelled the standing order but what else should I do.

Is there anyone else using Direct Help Direct services ?

Hi - ANY CLIENTS OF DEBT HELP DIRECT AND/OR MONEY WORRIES LTD NEED TO CALL xxxxxxxxxx - ITS THE NUMBER FOR THE ACCOUNT MANAGERS FROM THERE, THEY HAVE A TEAM SET UP TO TELL CLIENTS WHATS HAPPENED AND GIVE ADVICE ON WHAT YOU CAN DO - IVE JUST CALLED AND THEY WERE REALLY HELPFUL

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi - ANY CLIENTS OF DEBT HELP DIRECT AND/OR MONEY WORRIES LTD NEED TO CALL xxxxxxxxxxxxxx - ITS THE NUMBER FOR THE ACCOUNT MANAGERS FROM THERE, THEY HAVE A TEAM SET UP TO TELL CLIENTS WHATS HAPPENED AND GIVE ADVICE ON WHAT YOU CAN DO - IVE JUST CALLED AND THEY WERE REALLY HELPFUL

Hi - ANY CLIENTS OF DEBT HELP DIRECT AND/OR MONEY WORRIES LTD NEED TO CALL xxxxxxxxx - ITS THE NUMBER FOR THE ACCOUNT MANAGERS FROM THERE, THEY HAVE A TEAM SET UP TO TELL CLIENTS WHATS HAPPENED AND GIVE ADVICE ON WHAT YOU CAN DO - IVE JUST CALLED AND THEY WERE REALLY GOOD

Any clients of Money Worries Ltd or Debt Help Direct Ltd need to call xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - this is the number I was given by the police - you can speak to your original Account Manager, find out exactly what went on, and what you can do about it - I just called and I feel much better now

Hi -

Debt Help Direct and Money Worries Ltd are no longer trading, as there is a fraud investigation being carried out into the Managing Director of these companies.

Any existing clients need to stop there standing orders immediately and call xxxxxxxxx for further advice. This telephone number will put you through to your original Account Managers, for example Sarah Taylor and Jessica Clifford, and they can tell you exactly what has happened, what you can do regarding any issues, and help in any way they can.

I thought that was it, they'd closed, my money was lost and there was noone for me to contact - but theyve been really helpful and I'm much more hopeful that this will all be resolved, and I might be able to get my money back.

Lou Lou x

Any clients of Money Worries Ltd or Debt Help Direct Ltd need to call xxxxxxxxxx - the Account managers from both companies, like Sarah Taylor and Jessica Clifford, are based here, and they can tell you whats happened and what you need to do

Edited by citizenB

Having just phoned the [XXXXXXX] company mentioned by SarahLou23

I am somewhat shocked that they will only help try and recover the money owed if you agree a new debt management scheme with them!

If like me you no longer trust debt management schemes and

you have chosen to work directly with your creditors then they don't want to know and offer no support!

Apart from someone will be in touch once the investigation is complete!

I cannot believe how badly we are being treated!

It seems that we have a new user - called SarahLou23 who has apparently had a very positive experience with xxxxxxx

- a debt management company - apparently a trading name of xxxxxxxx

She is so delighted with the level of service that she decided to come on to this forum and tell everyone about it.

In fact she was so enthusiastic that she decided to plaster xxxxxxx contact details all over the place.

Of course, what she forgot to say is that she has an involvement with the xxxxxx business.

I suppose that this minor detail must have slipped her mind in her excitement to share the love. I can't say I blame her.

On this forum we appreciate transparency and straight-dealing.

We would not recommend that anyone gets involved with any company which touts its business in this way.

Hi

Well said

I personally dont think companies do themselves or the fee charging industry any favours at all with this type of approach.

Maybe someone is in a hurry and perhaps have a plane to catch - night flight maybe, who knows

Hi can you give me the number please as I am a client of Monney worries

We are advising people to contact, Natinonal Debtline, Step Change and PayPlan - they will set up DMPs for you, free of charge.

They will also explain all other options for you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi can you give me the number please as I am a client of ........

Another imaginary member.

Oh, how we laughed.

I am glad you sorted here out. Although i have nothing against debt management companies in principle the understand way is just wrong. If you need anyone to join the firing squad let me know.

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

nick.sherratt, you have been sent an email.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Very strange. Sherratt of Complete Money or Completemoney - which seems to be associated with Clark Richards, contacted us by email. I responded with some questions and strangely I have received no response.

I just found this thread on Martin Lewis' site

Poor advice from Clark Richards?

Mind you, it is only one negative report and I suppose that any company can make a mistake. Still, their touting on this forum doesn't help anyone to form good opinions

hello citizenB can u explain to me the diffrenc between a trust deed and a dmp and which u think would be best ime in scotland ty

I would suggest you start a thread in the Scottish Forums

and I will send an S.O.S to those on the Site team who have knowledge of Scottish Law.

:)

BCOBS

hello citizenB can u explain to me the diffrenc between a trust deed and a dmp and which u think would be best ime in scotland ty

Hello there.

A DMP is an informal arrangement where a third-party will negotiate with your creditors on your behalf. You make one payment a month via your DMP provider, they then pay your creditors for you. The creditors ofen agree to freeze interest and charges although this is not always guaranteed. DMPs can be administrated for FREE via the likes of Stepchange Debt Chairty and Payplan for at a cost via commercial firms. I would ALWAYS suggest NEVER using a commercial firm.

A Trust Deed is a formal, legally binding insolvency-based solution. You hire a Trustee who sets up an arrangement to pay your your creditors for a 3-5 year period. At the end of the period any outstanding debt is written-off for you. During the time that they run for the credtors are prevented from taking any action against you and interest & charges are frozen. You will pay a fee to the Trustee - this is normally taken via your instalments. You could get a large amount of debt written-off but the implications are quite severe.

In Scotland there is also a DAS - Debt Arrangement Scheme. This is like a binding DMP which freezes interest and charges and bans creditors from taking action against you. These are excellent. I wish we had them for people who live in England and Wales.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi folks I just noticed that on 02 Apr 2013,

Cheshire Police issued the following press release:

Following the action taken by Cheshire Police investigating the activities of Debt Help Direct and Money Worries

the clients of both companies have now been assigned to a new company based in Macclesfield, Cheshire as of 15th March, 2013.

The company is: Clark Richards Financial Management.

This raises some interesting issues:

1. How did Cheshire Police select Clark Richards?

They are not members of DEMSA or DRF.

2. Why didn't Cheshire Police refer people to Stepchange or Payplan etc instead?

Hi folks I just noticed that on 02 Apr 2013, Cheshire Police issued the following press release:Following the action taken by Cheshire Police investigating the activities of Debt Help Direct and Money Worries the clients of both companies have now been assigned to a new company based in Macclesfield, Cheshire as of 15th March, 2013.The company is: Clark Richards Financial Management.This raises some interesting issues: 1. How did Cheshire Police select Clark Richards? They are not members of DEMSA or DRF. 2. Why didn't Cheshire Police refer people to Stepchange or Payplan etc instead?

I think perhaps that is a question that StepChange, PayPlan, CAB should be asking the Cheshire Police. Surely it is very wrong that these people are being directed toward another Fee paying DMP.

BCOBS

I agree with the last couple of comments. I used to be a Debt Help Direct client and was caught on the hop a couple of Sundays ago by a representative from Clark Richards. For a start I'm not going to deal with anyone that contacts me on a Sunday and also when she started spouting off about having been passed all my details and information by Cheshire Police I thought it had to be a wind up so put the phone down.

I have since seen on the Cheshire Police website that they have indeed appointed Clark Richards to take on Debt Help Direct cases. How dare they pass my details on to anyone without my knowledge or permission. It's an absolute sham.