Gym membership T&C's help please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4087 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I hope someone can help me. I am querying my membership T&C's (see attached for Alveston Hall Crewe/Warner Liesure). Although it says that I am agreeing to be a member for 12 months (clause a) there is also a clause ( d ) stating that you can give two months notice to terminate.

I have been a member now for 6 months and I am considering giving my notice due to a change in personal circumstances. To me It is unclear if you are tied in for a year or it is possible to leave. I would be grateful of your advice.

Thanks

Edited by Unhappy_ex_gym_member

Hi UEGM,

Out of interest, did you ever sort the issue with Bannatynes from 2 years back ?

The image above is too small to read. See here for how to scan and post images - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?214191-HSBC-solicitors-northampton-claim-help-pls&p=3808613&viewfull=1#post3808613

Without seeing what's actually on your T&C's, you can normally only cut a 12 month agreement short if you :-

1. Cannot use the gym on medical grounds.

2. Move home or are relocated because of work.

3. Lose your employment.

:-)

Edited by slick132

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi Slick,

thanks for your reply. Bannatynes eventually just gave up and I never heard from them again.

Ok I have saved another version of T&C's. Also when I joined I did ask what the notice period was and was told it was 2 months.

Cheers.

Edited by Unhappy_ex_gym_member

........ when I joined I did ask what the notice period was and was told it was 2 months.

You were informed correctly - according to (d) of the T&C's you've posted here, they require 2 month's notice to cancel..

However, according to (a) on the agreement you're tied in to a minimum 12 month initial m/ship period.

After you experience with Bannatynes, you should have taken a moment to read the T&C's for this gym. Unless one of the 3 items in my post #2 above apply, you're tied in for 12 months.

If you need to cancel at the end of the 12 months, give them 2 month's notice in accordance with (d) of the T&C's.

I don't see that you have a decent challenge on this matter.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)