Am I Entitled To A Refund? (Very)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4056 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all.

I bought a tablet from Very back in July. I didn't pay for it immediately but instead added it to my credit account. When I received the next statement (August), I paid the full amount using my debit card.

Last week it developed a fault and upon phoning Very was told I needed to send it back for them to check it. This was done and today they agreed it was faulty and credited my account with the value of the item - so no issues there great service :)

As I have already paid for the item in full I asked why had it been put on my account and not refunded and was told they won't refund to my card as I added it to my account first.

Is there anything I can do or do I just have to accept the credit?

Thank you

They dont HAVE to give you a refund in cash. They can give store credit or a full refund.

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/wales/consumer_w/consumer_common_problems_with_products_e/consumer_what_you_can_do_about_faulty_goods_e/faulty_goods_-_if_you_want_your_money_back.htm

How should a refund be paid?

If you’re entitled to a refund, it’s normal for this to be given in the same way as you originally paid. For example, if you paid in cash, you’d normally be given a refund in cash. However, this isn’t required by law.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D