• Tweets

• I'm not sure we were on standard tariffs - I've uploaded as many proofs as I can for the ombudsman - ovo called last night uping the compensation to 100 from 50 pounds for the slip in customer service however they won't acknowledge the the problem them not acknowledging a fault has caused nor are they willing to remedy anything as they won't accept the meter or formula was wrong.   I'd appreciate more details on the economy 7 approach and I'll update the ombudsman with any information you can share. 
    • To re-iterate and highlight my urgent question on this one: The N24 from the court did not include any instructions to submit paperwork 28 days before the date, unlike the N157 received for other smaller claims. Do I have to submit a WS for this court date? Link has!...
    • No, reading the guidance online it says to wait for a letter from the court. Should I wait or submit the directions? BTW, I assume that the directions are a longer version of the particular of claim accompanied by evidence, correct?
    • Thanks for opening, it's been another rough year for my family and I've procastinated a little.. Due to the age of my defaults on this and other accounts (circa 2021), I really need to avoid a CCJ as that will be another 6 years of credit issues. Mediation failed as I played the 'not enough info to make a decision' however during the call for some reason they did offer settlement at 80%, I refused. this has been allocated to small claims track, court date is June 3 and I've received their WS. I'm starting on my WS. They do appear to have provided everything required of them (even if docs could be reconstructions). Not really sure what my argument is anymore but I do want to attend court and see this through. Should a judgement be made against me then I will clear the balance within 30 days and have the CCJ removed - this is still possible isn't it? I'm going to be reading up today and tomorrow and hope you can provide me some guidance in the meantime. Wonder what your advice would be given the documents they have provided? I am now in a position to clear the debt either by lump sum or a few large installments - Is this something i should look into at this late stage? Thanks as always in advance
    • I have now received my SAR. It includes a great deal of information! Is there a time limit on how long account information is kept and/or can be provided to debtors? I have received many account statements which were not previously sent to me. I remember that the creditor should provide explanations of any acronyms and abbreviations that maybe used in the documents. Is this still the case? Also what, if any, are the regulations in regard to adding fees to a debt? Can fees be added to a debt after the court has approved a charge on a property. Perhaps due to the numerous owners of the debt, many payments I made were not properly recorded on the account, some were entered over a year after the payment was made! Following the Legal Charge, I paid every month until my payments were refused. I am trying to compute the over payments, but the addition of fees etc. is confusing me. Any comments and/or help would be appreciated.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

sanctioned for nat applying for jobs im not qualified for??

adams73
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4059 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm hoping someone can help me with a query on my jsa being sanctioned for failing to apply for jobs i'm not qualified for!!

Basically when i signed on i was told my job search activity log did not include any applications for jobs in the last fortnight....i explained to my advisor that all applicable vacancies i had seen had statutary requirements of basic qualifications or certificates which i did not possess...i was then told i should have applied for them regardless and because i did not my claim was being sent to a decision maker!!! I was given form ES48 which states "Until this decision is reached jobseekers allowance cannot be paid

Firstly am i right that by being referred to a decision maker my payment will automatically be stopped and will probably rely on an appeal to qualify for future payments??

Also how is it ethical to require me to apply for jobs i'm not qualified for??

Any advice on how to fight this decision would be greatly appreciated

You have been referred to DMA for ASE action, this because you have not shown applications made and the adviser has identified through UJM and possibly Indeed and local papers etc vacancies that you could have applied for.

What type of work are you required to look for as per your Job Seekers Agreement and how long have you been claiming?

I'm afraid that ethics don't apply,

my brother had the same thing jsa sanctioned stopped for 2 weeks, decision maker up held it, he is now appealing, doing a formal complaint and reported to his local MP, he has been advised to do all this because he had done everything required by jcp, he signed on yesterday and he will get his money Friday but he has to do the appeal to get the 2 weeks he lost

I have been claiming for 6 weeks(my 3rd signing was today) i have been looking for kitchen/warehouse work and have had problems finding vacancies not requiring me to have health and hygiene or valid forklift licences (reach/c-balance)

Could you explain the terms DMA ASE and UJM please?

You have been referred to DMA for ASE action, this because you have not shown applications made and the adviser has identified through UJM and possibly Indeed and local papers etc vacancies that you could have applied for.

What type of work are you required to look for as per your Job Seekers Agreement and how long have you been claiming?

I'm afraid that ethics don't apply,

Well its a waste of time applying for work you aint qualified to do. Its a bit like me applying to be an airline pilot but can bearly drive a car.

Would you not agree?

I think its disgusting that people should be treated this way to be honest.

If you apply for a job you are not qualified to do then you are wasting the employers time and money. You will never never never get the job so whats the point?

However to not apply for a job you are qualified to do is a different kettle of fish, I could then understand it.

ASE is actively seeking employment, UJM is Universal Job Match and DMA is Decision Making and Appeals team who ulitimately make the decisions regarding the payability of your JSA following any doubts raised.

just apply for anything,as long as your diary is filled,who cares what you apply for,you wont get any replies back when they view your cv anyway.

By doing this it makes a mockery of looking for employment.

I could apply only for jobs I know I wouldnt get so I could stay on the dole lol yes I bet there are thousands of jobs around the country that I will never be able to do.

I think the government and dwp are really taking the piddle on this matter. Its a bit like a monty python sketch.

I could apply only for jobs I know I wouldnt get so I could stay on the dole lol yes I bet there are thousands of jobs around the country that I will never be able to do.

I think the government and dwp are really taking the piddle on this matter. Its a bit like a monty python sketch.

Of course it makes a mockery, but that's the system. It's not fair, we know that. If they set unfair rules you have to respond with unfair behaviour.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"

And this is why I feel like the entire wellfare system is broken, I have known people sitting on the dole for over years, never looking for a job, just filling their diaries, and people who are looking for work, and want to be truthful are the ones that get stung by the system.

One thing to consider when applying for kitchen jobs and the like where you don't already have the certificates mentioned is that, if they like the look of your cv/application form, they might be willing to put you forward for the courses to gain the certificates.

Worth a try and, if you don't get anywhere, you've at least jumped through the hoops they demanded of you.

Feebee_71

It's just all about "jumping through hoops" regardless ..................... just nod and smile! It's what the system demands .... of course it's broken ... it's broken beyond repair - "not fit for purpose" .... but we're all just p®awns in this game.

Use the system until you're able to stand on your own two feet .... and you're the only one who can help yourself. DWP won't do it for you ... neither will any W2W programme - their results prove that!

I'm applying for work all over the UK .. not just locally ... needs must! And, if I have to move to Edinburgh or Dublin to get a job - c'est la vie! If the work doesn't come to you, you may have to go to the work! Norman Tebbit wasn't all wrong! Except I can't ride a bike!

If you don't have any academic qualifications, get some!! Education costs very little if you're on benefits. Last time I was unemployed, I paid £10 to go on an Access Course (Humanities) for a year at a local college - I sat next to my eldest daughter and we had great fun! I passed with distinction and earned enough points to apply for entry to University and ended up with a great Honours degree. I was then 45 and a single parent to four children, one of them with a severe mental disability. So, basically, aim higher!!!! Get qualified and help yourself cos no-one else is going to.

Tough love? Yes!!! Always! At least now I have many more opportunities to secure a position commensurate with my abilities.

Sometimes you just have to be pro-active and "think outside the box".

Impecunious! :-)

Impecunious you are an insperation for us all. I can see you as being a great life coach :-)

Its very true what you say, you have to go out there and get it. We make our own luck in life.

Impecunious you are an insperation for us all. I can see you as being a great life coach :-)

Its very true what you say, you have to go out there and get it. We make our own luck in life.

Thanks dyfed -- I did feel I might have been a bit tough BUT, hey, if you don't get out there and actually make it happen, a job isn't just going to miraculously jump into your lap!

I strongly believe that education is the best way to escape poverty and it can become very addictive!! I could never settle for just being a dishwasher ... if we don't have aspirations, what's the point??? Everyone can improve their lot academically. For some it might be basic literacy and numeracy, for others GCSEs, NVQs, A Levels or Degrees.

Miss Impecunious! BA (Hons) English with History, Knitter, Crocheter, Crafter and Creative Job Activity Search Recorder! :-)

I would say you should just apply for the jobs, if they don't consider you for them you'll have a good argument to put forward to the DWP by showing them how many jobs you applied for and you didn't even get an interview. No point in arguing with them, better to show them what you mean with facts even if it's a waste of time, that way it doesn't look like you are in the wrong. I did that when I was claiming after the credit crunch, then discussed it when I had to see the advisor who ended up concurring with me.

I would say you should just apply for the jobs, if they don't consider you for them you'll have a good argument to put forward to the DWP by showing them how many jobs you applied for and you didn't even get an interview. No point in arguing with them, better to show them what you mean with facts even if it's a waste of time, that way it doesn't look like you are in the wrong. I did that when I was claiming after the credit crunch, then discussed it when I had to see the advisor who ended up concurring with me.[/quote

Take me out and shoot me if I ever just apply for jobs that I'm not qualified to do to make up numbers!! I can't think of anything more demeaning, demoralising or time-wasting! (Some of the job application forms I've been asked to complete have taken upwards of 3 days each.) Potential employers would think I was totally incapable of reading a person specification or was totally delusional about my abilities to do the job if I applied for jobs I wasn't qualified to do and the application would be filed in the wastepaper bin.

There is a very strong distinction between applying for a job that you're not qualified to do and applying for jobs where you meet a large percentage of the requirements of the job and believe you could "upskill" to complete the rest. Employers usually define these as "essential qualities" and "desired qualities" - they allow a certain degree of flexibility for candidates.

If I couldn't reach any job application target set by DWP, I'd just smile sweetly and ask if they could advise me on the best way to move forward as I had exhausted all the possibilities within my current area of expertise. After all, they are called "Advisors". No arguments, no confrontation, no stress.

As far as I know, JSAg have to be signed by both parties - great time to negotiate. My initial JSAg requires me to make one application per week and undertake six work-related activities per week and and that job search relates to just one specific type of job. I'm sure that my next JSAg will require me to increase my activity and to expand my search area but it's still a negotiation.

Onwards and upwards!

Impecunious! :-)

If I was an employer with a vacancy and revieved a wheelbarrow full of applications by unqualified individuals I would be pretty miffed.

I would wonder if applicants could read the job advert and wouldnt advertise through the joke shop (job centre) again.