rogue car salesman, help reqired

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4033 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all.

We are new around here and looking for any useful information.

Cut a long story

Found car on ebay

david drove to us "for a look at it" before I knew what was happening I was in the bank taking £1250 out :-(

I got home to hit the "buy now" to find the Renault Laguna had changed into a Saab (yes same item number)

Sorted insurance out, went to car next am & a Tyre is flat, had that sorted then could not engage any gears.

called T/ standards (as most know it is the CAB)

They advised to reject the car & get an engineers report.

After a few Emails I got " see you in court chappie sold as seen" etc.

I can prove he is a trader as the same item number has 70+ alterations to it, as in the Renault became a Saab, so a citron turned into a cavalier etc etc.

Engineers reports says it is basically scrap. (£200 for the report)

Also the VIN numbers are missing, gone from under bonnet & gone from inside widescreen, a sticker inside the b post shows all ok but you can have them made for £10, told police I could have a ringer & they were not bothered (actually said I should have spent the £200 on an engineer before I gave him the money !!! HUH

The V5 is in original owners name & complete (ive written to DVLA) I managed to speak to prev owner telling him he must tell DVLA but im not sure if he was BSing me or just did not understand.

2 X registered letters were returned to me saturday last, a Miss Jones says please stop sending me these letters I have no knowledge etc etc etc.

A search shows that Miss jones had David Jones living with her at last address, so this is BS too.

My GF knocked Miss Jones door & he answered saying no david here & miss jones is out.

I have a photo of him so can confirm it is him.

I have sent 3rd & final warning to pay up or court action etc (no answer yet)

So I can prove he is a trader, a simple google showed many cars sold (but never a feedback on ebay for any of them.

So as to yet I have

his name & address.

a photo

proof he is a trader

proof he has lived with "miss jones" for a long time at 2 address (brother & sister or married ?)

What are my best options next ?

Do I have the car transported back to him with proof of delivery (I need it out of the way)

Will TS ever get back to me & do what we pay them for ?.

Will I get an order for my money (& costs inured & interest)

Or do I just drive it through his from door & let "the lads" deal with him ?

OK only joking last 2 lines but I feel like doing it

Advice & opinions please.

Chris

(( I was going to add an icon but could not find a mad axeman chopping off the head of a rouge trader))

Hi all.

We are new around here and looking for any useful information.

Cut a long story

Found car on ebay

david drove to us "for a look at it" before I knew what was happening I was in the bank taking £1250 out :-(

I got home to hit the "buy now" to find the Renault Laguna had changed into a Saab (yes same item number)

Sorted insurance out, went to car next am & a Tyre is flat, had that sorted then could not engage any gears.

called T/ standards (as most know it is the CAB)

They advised to reject the car & get an engineers report.

After a few Emails I got " see you in court chappie sold as seen" etc.

I can prove he is a trader as the same item number has 70+ alterations to it, as in the Renault became a Saab, so a citron turned into a cavalier etc etc.

Engineers reports says it is basically scrap. (£200 for the report)

Also the VIN numbers are missing, gone from under bonnet & gone from inside widescreen, a sticker inside the b post shows all ok but you can have them made for £10, told police I could have a ringer & they were not bothered (actually said I should have spent the £200 on an engineer before I gave him the money !!! HUH

The V5 is in original owners name & complete (ive written to DVLA) I managed to speak to prev owner telling him he must tell DVLA but im not sure if he was BSing me or just did not understand.

2 X registered letters were returned to me saturday last, a Miss Jones says please stop sending me these letters I have no knowledge etc etc etc.

A search shows that Miss jones had David Jones living with her at last address, so this is BS too.

My GF knocked Miss Jones door & he answered saying no david here & miss jones is out.

I have a photo of him so can confirm it is him.

I have sent 3rd & final warning to pay up or court action etc (no answer yet)

So I can prove he is a trader, a simple google showed many cars sold (but never a feedback on ebay for any of them.

So as to yet I have

his name & address.

a photo

proof he is a trader

proof he has lived with "miss jones" for a long time at 2 address (brother & sister or married ?)

What are my best options next ?

Do I have the car transported back to him with proof of delivery (I need it out of the way)

Will TS ever get back to me & do what we pay them for ?.

Will I get an order for my money (& costs inured & interest)

Or do I just drive it through his from door & let "the lads" deal with him ?

OK only joking last 2 lines but I feel like doing it

Advice & opinions please.

Chris

(( I was going to add an icon but could not find a mad axeman chopping off the head of a rouge trader))

How did he take money without your knowledge, surely he needs your card details to do this. Did you hand them over? I'm assuming that you didn't pay by PayPal, as you could register a dispute with them and send the engineers report with it. If paid by card, maybe do a chargeback?

Trading standards will not take up a case for an individual. They 'might' look into him, but won't be bothered with anything much more and don't bank on getting anything from them.

You can only do what you are gearing up to do.

Porky, did you read the above properly, he went to the bank, this was a cash transaction and there is no mention of a card.

Thing I don't get is why would TS advise to reject and "get an engineers report"?

Sorry but I smell fraud here. I would be sitting down with the police armed with print outs of the Ebay listings, photo's etc. Obtaining money by deception (which this is from the OPs account), is a criminal offence, not a civil one.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

Hi guys (& galls ?)

Just opened a letter from TS :-)

They ask permission to talk to him, is this "the norm" or is it a good sign ?

S/Sam, apparently if you reject something rather than ask for a repair you have to prove it is not as described, suitable for the use, un-roadworthy, uneconomical repair etc.

I have pages of info on this guy and fully intend going armed with it to the police, just need a ream of paper & an hour or 2 spare o prep it all.

Will keep you posted & if any 1 spots something I missed yell me plz.

Cheers

BT

hi im going through something similar to you but i have returned and rejected car and started court action. i proved he broke civil and criminal laws and tried everything to resolve it but no one cares. im left with a cheap car and 4000 pound out of pocket. The trader is also selling my rejected vehicle again even though he as not respond to court over matter and legelly i still own it as i have not had a penny and guess what no one cares, so i will never see a penny. Before you through more money try a back ground check on him see if he has property he owns and not been bankrupt, if he as nothing you wont get a penny sad to say. hope you get some luck with this in 6 months i have had none just threats and abuse from trader which he can also do as no 1 cares bet when i make a move on him they will care.