Unlicensed Car Fine,13 years on!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3019 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi There,

Hope someone can help us please.

Today my husband received a letter from Magistrate's Office,saying he needs to pay £163 by April 2013.

We had no idea what it was for,and there was no reference to it in letter.

My husband is deaf,so I rang the Court on his behalf.

All the lady could tell me was it was for having an unlicensed vehicle,and it dated back to June 2000,and referred to our previous address.We sold our then house in 1999,and moved 200 miles away in June 1999.

The lady couldn't tell us any more info,such as what car reg it was etc.

We have never had an unlicensed vehicle in our lives,this is bizarre!

Looking forward to hearing from anyone who could point us in the right direction.

Best wishes,

Tellybabe

Hi There,

Thanks for your reply.

The only thing that comes to mind,was a car we sold at auction.

Some months later we had a speeding fine sent to us,we contacted the auction house,and they sorted it out.

Hi welcome to CAG

If you know nothing regarding this offence apply to the Magistrates Court that dealt with the matter or your local one will do, and say you want to make a statutory declaration it will stop the action, and you will have to reattend court and the case will be reheard again, try and find out if you informed DVLA that you was not the keeper at the time, did you send off the V5 with the new keepers details on it, and did you receive notification from them stating you are no longer the registered keeper, I think this advise is correct but someone mat correct me if I am wrong keep us informed so we can assist you more if needed, they may infact offer no evedence in this case and it could be dismissed..IMHO

Edited by mikeymack2002

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

Thanks so much for your advice.

I'm waiting for a chap from the Court to ring me back tomorrow.He's going to look through archives for more info.

We certainly will make a statutory declaration if need be.

I'll let you all know how it goes.

It's great to know you guys are around.

Best wishes,and thanks again.

Hi you are welcome I am a newbie myself but do all I can to help, also if in future always send off the V5 yourself never give it all the new keeper,only the part that refers to them you have a legal obligation to send off the rest to the DVLA

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.