Seetec/ESA/Carers Work Programme

pastanutty
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3886 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok just had a call from Seetec to say that my wifes sick/fit note is about to run out.

They didn't want to talk to me just her. So this ball was on speakerphone.

She told them she is in the Support Group and doesn't want nothing to do with them again.

They said it doesn't matter, they need another sick note from the doctor in order to stop her going there.

I'm confused. Isn't that the point of the support group to stop her going there and not be bothered by these people.

Things were going well and she was happy(ish) for once and now this has set her back to square one she is upset and crying thinking she has to go into the Seetec offices. and now I/we don't know what's going on.

I was told by the CAB lady she would not be contacted by Seetec again.

She is now under the care of a clinical psychiatrist. She has Borderline Personality Disorder and Aspergers Syndrome. She is taking a new tablet which is Risperidone which makes her very sleepy and she cannot do very much.

I just want to know what's going on.

Also Seetec say it was just a curtesey call to see how she is doing and they will call every 2 weeks. ???

help !!!

I was in a similar situation. I spoke to the job centre and said I've been put into the support group, letter says I don't need to do anything and I'm still being contacted by the work programme, who claim I was put into WRAG. The man I spoke to said he'll talk to the work programme (someone did this before too and they took no notice) and put a note on my file.

If someone's in the support group, they don't have to attend the work programme. They can, (I wouldn't personally) but they're not required to do anything.

She doesn't need to send them a fit note. I have never heard of anyone having to do this.

Seetec say it was just a curtesey call to see how she is doing and they will call every 2 weeks.

Put in writing, a formal complaint to both the DWP and Seetec head office pointing out that you regard the phone calls as unwarranted and a form of harassment - Any further "courtesy" calls will be reported to Ofcom and other regulatory bodies.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Thank you.

I shall ask our CAB caseworker to write a nice letter to them.

I'm no good at writing letters.

It was also the threat of the loss of benefits that has now sent her back to what she was before in the support group.

Thanks Seetec for undoing everything we've worked for !!!

Any letter you receive regarding your benefits has an address on it. Write to that. I just went into my local job centre and explained the situation. Did Seetec receive a copy of the letter which states your wife is in the support group?

I don't think there are any rules saying she doesn't have to send in sick notes; but at the same time, there are no rules stating she has to.

Seetec are making this up as they go along. If a claimant is in SG and hasn't volunteered for the WP they are not on the programme, end of.

It's very likely that Seetec's head office are the culprits here, when the local offices update head office they don't seem to get the message and keep pestering people, either that or it's a pester campaign to try and get claimants to change their minds and volunteer.

Seetec head office address

Business Technology Centre

Main Road

Hockley

Essex

SS5 4RG

Tel 0844 499 4517

e-mail [email protected]

Good luck writing to them I have done several times and have never received a reply.

Edited by osdset

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

it's a pester campaign to try and get claimants to change their minds and volunteer.

I had the same with Prospects. They had a nerve asking - considering it's because of them that I had to go on to ESA in the first place.

so she is not required to send anymore sick notes at all...!!!

can she request that SeeTec not contact her again ???

she has a meeting with her psychiatrist next week this has just set her back to the beginning after all the hard work of getting her into the support group in the first place !!!

so she is not required to send anymore sick notes at all...!!!

can she request that SeeTec not contact her again ???

she has a meeting with her psychiatrist next week this has just set her back to the beginning after all the hard work of getting her into the support group in the first place !!!

Not just request but demand that they cease all contact, they have no business bothering you.

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

• 3 weeks later...

Update...

ok so after phoning the CAB, they told Seetec that they shouldn't be contacting at all.

Seetec told the CAB that they had (conveniently) 'lost' the letter from the DWP that says that she has been put into the support group, and that's why they were phoning.

CAB faxed them the letter and confirmed that she did not have to attend Seetec offices. Seetec emailed saying that Mrs P does not required to attend their offices anymore or that any phone calls will be made to Mrs P.

In turn CAB have sent a copy of the email to ourselves by post. Also they said if they contact again they will make a complaint to Seetec and the DWP/JCP.

I/we should therefore not expect to hear from Seetec again. I take it that's it and can carry on caring for Mrs P without worrying...

Hopefully that should be the end of it, but if Seetec bother her again, just remember that you (and the people advising you in this thread) are right and they are wrong. They cannot stop her benefits.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Seetec told the CAB that they had (conveniently) 'lost' the letter from the DWP that says that she has been put into the support group.

Time for a bit of payback - A formal complaint should be made to the head of Third Party Programmes at the DWP pointing out the failures in keeping confidential client data safe. Having admitted to the loss of one confidential letter, you have no idea where this information will end up nor does it inspire confidence in the safe keeping of the remaining data.

Advise the DWP that you require an audit of Seetec's physical data storage procedures and assurances that no further losses of confidential data will take place - Send a copy to the Information Commissioner’s Office, and someone will get a smack across the wrist eventually.

Guess who just phoned ??

Yes you've guessed it SeeTec !!

Even after they've been told Mrs P is in the Support Group and is not required to provide sick notes or to be contacted by them, they decide to phone up !!

"But we're just phoning to let her know that her sick note is about to run out. If she does not come in she may lose her benefits."

To say I am a little upset is the understatement of the year !!

I told them in no uncertain terms to not contact again.

"But she may lose her benefits"

I refer you to the letter of the 4th June that says Mrs P is in the support group

"What letter sir ?"

Goodbye...

Now what do I do ?

I feel like taking the letter to them myself and shoving it down their throats !!!!

Why don't they believe the my wife is in the support group and is to be left alone.?

This is not supporting her !!

Now what do I do ?

I feel like taking the letter to them myself and shoving it down their throats !!!!

I had sent two letters to A4e a while back and failed to get any reply. Hand delivered a third copy and asked the receptionist to read it out to the manager as she clearly had difficulties in reading a typed up letter in English.... That got a response - "Do not contact this office again."

If they ring again, report them to Ofcom (and the ICO) for making malicious phone calls likely to cause distress. A follow up letter to the DWP would probably be in order pointing out that as Seetec are a subcontractor, ultimate responsibility for their conduct falls on to the DWP.

Speak to the job centre. I've had this problem twice and a note was put on my file about this and the work programme were spoken to and told to leave me alone.

I think they're hoping that your wife / you don't know the rules and are talking you two into going back, which as you know, you don't need to.

I actually think they're purposely saying they have no idea what letter you're talking about. I had similar - my letter stated support group, no need to do anything, etc. and my old "adviser" said otherwise.

The thing is shes never acctually signed up for this work programme at all

just went to a "meeting" to see if she could turn up

then was refered to the CAB

How do I/we complain ?

who do i write to ?

Im not good at writing letters

You have complained to Seetc and the DWP and have failed to get a satisfactory resolution ?

You can now lodge a formal complaint with the Independent Complaints Examiner's office either in writing or by phone. A letter would be better as you could then include copies of supporting evidence as well.

Many of us are hopeless at writing letters - I have to take time and do several drafts myself, often feeling the judicious application of a cluebat would yield better results.

should I write to my MP as well ?

The DWP ultimately answer to the government, so yes, include your MP on the list - If nothing else, it will p*** off the heads over at the DWP when they get yet another letter from an MP :!:

• 2 weeks later...

Here we go again! Received a letter from Seetec today informing me that I have a mandatory appointment for the 11th Sep.

Phoned them up as usual, Seetec phone jockey hasn't a clue as usual, advisors that know I am an ESA WRAG voluntary claimant that hasn't volunteered not in office as usual, no other advisors taking calls as usual, head office know nothing as usual.

Business as usual then!