Jump to content

Tax Credits stopped

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4095 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts


I'm new here. I had a letter last month from HMRC saying they believed my ex was still living with me. I sent them a letter with info they requested - bank statements, CSA letters. I got a letter today saying my credits have stopped and I will have to repay approx £4k. Not sure what to do. My ex left 4 years ago after an affair. He was or still is in a relationship and has a baby. He has used this address to try and obtain credit. I cant do anything about that as he still has a key to the house because we have children and he can collect mail without my knowledge. I am worried sick. I went to the CAB when I got the first letter but they weren't much help. I'd really appreciate any advice. Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Dont panic :-) I am sure someone will be along with some advice soon.

Sorry to hear what you are going through. It must be terrible. Hope you get it sorted out soon.

I am sure you have phoned them about this or written a letter? Have you sought any legal advice apart from CAB?

Link to post
Share on other sites



Yes i wrote a detailed letter to them and sent them letters from the CSA, my council tax bill and bank statements. I have to call today and speak to the case manager dealing. I have been to the CAB but they weren't any help just advising I had to send in what had been requested.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Claire, and welcome to CAG! :-)


There are several girls on the forum who are being investigated at the moment, and the main problem they are all having is that their ex is still using their address, or comes and goes from their homes.


Is your ex on the electoral roll? Are all the utility bills in your name? Is so, when were they changed into your name? Does he actually live with the woman with whom he has the baby?


You need as much proof as you can find to show that he has not been living with you.


If this can be sorted out, you absolutely must stop him using your address for credit and other correspondence, and get the key back so he can't have access in order to get post when you aren't there.



Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...