Seller won't replace faulty goods

frezi
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4083 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I bought a USB charger for something about four months ago from an online retailer. It's stopped working so I emailed asking for an exchange or replacement as at £6 I didn't think a repair was economical.

The seller has got back to me saying the warranty was only 28 days, end of story, if I threaten to take it any further I will be banned from the site!

I mentioned SOGA and was told that apparently 4 months is reasonable for such a thing. I'm not really happy, what should I do to get it sorted? I know it's only a couple of quid but its the principle now and I don't see why I should have to fork out for a new charger every few months!

Thanks

4 months is not a reasonable life span for electrical goods. A year may be considered reasonable at a push but 2 years more likely. Do you have the address of the retailer. If so, write to them and tell them that you wish to return the faulty goods for repair or replacement under the Sale of Goods act as they are not of merchantable quality. tell them that you expect a response within 7 days otherwise legal action will be taken to recover the cost of replacing the goods and any additional expenses incurred. Ask them where you should post the faulty item to if not the address you have. This address should be in the UK and connected to the business.

If you dont have the address and they wont give you one then go to http://www.whois.com and do a look up on the regristration of the domain name for the company and write to the address given for the registrant.