Is this debt statute barred

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4063 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I'm quite new to this site so please forgive me!

I had a rough time in 2005-2006, I lost my best friend and things spiralled out of control for me with money etc.

Anyhow I've over the years cleared most things up slowly. I did have a small credit card balance with capital one that I never sorted out. To cut a long story short today I received a letter from Robinson Way saying that as of 10th November 2012 my account was sold to Hoist Portfolio.

I believe that Nov would have been six years so any advice would be helpful.

I did receive sometimes four times a day calls from Robinson Way but never acknowledged them.

I'm not the sort of person who thinks it's good to run away from debts or wants to stick two fingers up at the credit card company but even if I paid the debt it would be going to an agency who probably paid £100 if that. The balance they are requesting is not too big £564.00.

Thanks for any advice!:-)

Hi

Many thanks for that. I do have a couple of other minor debts but nothing that large. If I do a search on my credit file will others be able to locate me? I'm concerned that I've never any written communication for nearly 7 years but suddenly I've popped up on their radar?

Hold on please, searching your credit file is seen only by you so not a problem if anyone wished to find you they could with ease.

Obviously RW knew where to find and Hoist their new owner do to.

Statute barred = 6 clear years without a payment to anyone regarding the debt and no wriiten acknowledgment of the debt.

So if your 7 years is correct this is Stat Barred,

so send the following to the

Compliance Manager

Hoist Portfolio.

Sir/Madam,

Ref: as on their letter.

I refer to the recent notice of assignment in regard to an alleged debt for £564.00, please take note I do not

acknowledge any debt to Hoist Portfolio, and having reviewed my credit history I have concluded that any such debt

is statute barred therefore I will not be making any payment now or in the future.

Should Hoist Portfolio wish to dispute the status of the alleged debt I remind Hoist Portfolio that the onus of providing UNEQUIVOCAL proof that the alleged debt is not statute barred falls entirely on the company.

I am aware of the OFT Guidance on the pursuit of Statute Barred debt and will not enter in to further correspondence.

Hoist Portfolio will now cease to process all data relating to me and remove it from its records.

This letter is sent by RM recorded delivery and receipt will be checked.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Thank you, that looks very helpful.

Do you know anything about Experian credit report?

I checked my partners details and they show straight up, however I have entered all my details and I'm being posted a PIN?

Many thanks

Thank you, that looks very helpful.

Do you know anything about Experian credit report?

I checked my partners details and they show straight up, however I have entered all my details and I'm being posted a PIN?

It's just a security check nothing significant.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: