IDS is misleading the public again!!!

joeski
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4043 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Don't blame IDS. He's just a poor puppet doing the dirty work while Camoron goes around and takes the credit for the good things (none actually).

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't blame IDS. He's just a poor puppet doing the dirty work while Camoron goes around and takes the credit for the good things (none actually).

Who is the puppet and who is the puppet master? When Cameron asked IDS to move aside from his job as secretary of state, IDS told him to do one, and said he was going nowhere.

It seems to me that IDS is pulling Cameron's strings not the other way around.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

what IDS fails to take into account is the reasons people turn to drink and/or drugs..some suffer from severe anxiety, depresion and other related thngs so they turn to drink and drugs. these people need proper help and it could take some of them years before they'll be ready for work, but along comes good old IDS who thinks the problem can be sorted out in 5 mins and if it isn't he'll stop there benefits which won't help the person but instead could cause them to commit suicide.

Edited by joeski

Joeski, I realise you don't like IDS. Neither do I. I don't think you'll find many people who do like the man- at least, not here on the Benefits Forum.

Could you do me a favour, though, and dial back the rhetoric a notch or two? I'm not saying you need to praise IDS and send him roses on his birthday, just, well, bear in mind the libel laws when you post.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

I seen similiarities with the NHS as well.

The NHS have caught IDS illness and are starting to often blame anxiety, depression, stress for a lot of illnesses.

A lady in her 30s first reported problems when the symptons were low, and was told its depression, even tho she said she was only depressed due to the physical symptons, this persisted for 2 years until she started coughing up blood, they finally did a chest xray but was too late, cancer spread all voer her body and she is now dead. Apparently according to the NHS problem was in her head.

Joeski, I realise you don't like IDS. Neither do I. I don't think you'll find many people who do like the man- at least, not here on the Benefits Forum.

Could you do me a favour, though, and dial back the rhetoric a notch or two? I'm not saying you need to praise IDS and send him roses on his birthday, just, well, bear in mind the libel laws when you post.

whats the libel laws?

whats the libel laws?

Broadly speaking, don't say things that are defamatory.

It's not just libel that's an issue, though - we need to keep the tone of discussion here civilised for the sake of all members. Angry is fine, anger is justified under these appalling circumstances. But the most effective anger is that which is cordial.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

I seen similiarities with the NHS as well.

The NHS have caught IDS illness and are starting to often blame anxiety, depression, stress for a lot of illnesses.

I've noticed this too. I have IBS and have a history of stomach issues going back to when I was a baby. According to my now-ex CPN, all my issues are in my head.

I once went to see a GP because I had what felt like a burning sensation in my stomach. She said it was anxiety. I've had this before and the GP (a different one) felt my stomach and prescribed some Gaviscon. The subject of anxiety / mental health was never mentioned.

Even if someone's issues are due to depression or anxiety, they should be taken as seriously as someone with the same condition which is caused by physical symptoms.

You talking 'vim' or 'vimto' here :madgrin:

By heavenly all thats fine n dandy I'm utterly and completely squiffed as a banjaxed leaky wench embalmed in a mint julep :wink:

Walked into that one, didn't I?

Walked into that one, didn't I?

If you like to gamble, I tell you I'm your man

You win some, lose some, it's - all - the same to me

The pleasure is to play, it makes no difference what you say

I don't share your greed, the only card I need is

The Ace Of Spades

The Ace Of Spades

Bit early for you Sir? I'm completely trollied and as playful as a kitten with a ball of string tbf :whoo:

• Haha 1

whats the libel laws?

I am happy to refer to IDS as Irritable Duncan Smith. Which should be fine.

However, Irritable Drunken Smith would be funnier. But probably not fine.

i personally think they are all the same..we'd be better running the country ourselves without them :)

I doubt that very much indeed :lol:

Much of it started when the last Conservative pushed unemployed people onto incapacity benefits rather than unemployment benefits to keep their unemployment figures down. This was such a bad thing to do. Unfortunately Labour continued the trend.

Sorry you are wrong - it was the Labour government before Margaret Thatcher came to power, who started to push people onto incapacity benefits to bring down the "unemployed" total.

When Tony Blair and his cronies came into power, they inherited one of the healthiest bank balances in history. On top of which GB sold off our gold reserves ensuring there was nothing to fall back on should things go to hell in hand basket. Which we now know it did.

Please tell me where they invested all that money ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

the only reason IDS resorts to shouting and raving at people is because as the old saying goes 'empty vessels make the most noise'..i don't think david cameron even likes IDS :)

if IDS started ranting and raving at me i'd just laugh in his face haha

I doubt that very much indeed :lol:

Sorry you are wrong - it was the Labour government before Margaret Thatcher came to power, who started to push people onto incapacity benefits to bring down the "unemployed" total.

?

I seem to remember maggie thatcher taking people off the dole and onto sickness benefits back in the 80s. I was on a yob scheem or YTS. But that was my father who put me on this whilst waiting to go into the army.

Anyway we could agree and say both partys are to blame :-)

I dont vote and dislike all british partys eually. There is no left right paradign. There is no democracy.

But thats another story :-)

the only reason IDS resorts to shouting and raving at people is because as the old saying goes 'empty vessels make the most noise'..i don't think david cameron even likes IDS :)

if IDS started ranting and raving at me i'd just laugh in his face haha

Mate, I saw his "geologists are useless" ranting interview after he got canned in the O'Reilly court case. And I agree, he was ranting and raving. It doesn't mean we have to, though. We're better than that.

Attacking someones character is not libel if true, and do not breach any protected characteristics, even though he has none

he is a public servant and should expect public scrutiny

Yes, he should expect public scrutiny. But CAG is not wealthy, even if we're right. So let's just be careful out there, 'K?

Yes, he should expect public scrutiny. But CAG is not wealthy, even if we're right. So let's just be careful out there, 'K?

i'll be more careful but the way i see it if someone like IDS reacts by ranting and raving at the other person then it means he knows what the other person has said is true..if there was no truth in it it would just go straight over your head.

i'll be more careful but the way i see it if someone like IDS reacts by ranting and raving at the other person then it means he knows what the other person has said is true..if there was no truth in it it would just go straight over your head.

Oh, I agree. I mean, in the interview I saw he didn't appear to have a clear handle on the argument he was making. But yeah, thanks for being careful. We appreciate it.

I am happy to refer to IDS as Irritable Duncan Smith. Which should be fine.

However, Irritable Drunken Smith would be funnier. But probably not fine.

This is quite a succinct explanation of the issues :madgrin:

I seem to remember maggie thatcher taking people off the dole and onto sickness benefits back in the 80s. I was on a yob scheem or YTS. But that was my father who put me on this whilst waiting to go into the army.

Anyway we could agree and say both partys are to blame :-)

I dont vote and dislike all british partys eually. There is no left right paradign. There is no democracy.

But thats another story :-)

And if everyone thought like you and didnt vote, there would indeed be no democracy !!

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

And if everyone thought like you and didnt vote, there would indeed be no democracy !!

We live in a plutocracy and not a democracy. There is no left right paradign. What ever government is in will always gravitate towards big business, banks and the elite.

Not long ago a city trader on bbc news 24 told it how it is. Goldman Sachs runs the country and not the government.

Everything including foreign policy, wars, regime change is to the benefit of big business. You just got to follow the money.

Those puppets in the theatre of westminster dont run the country Im afraid.

• Confused 1

We live in a plutocracy and not a democracy. There is no left right paradign. What ever government is in will always gravitate towards big business, banks and the elite.

Not long ago a city trader on bbc news 24 told it how it is. Goldman Sachs runs the country and not the government.

Everything including foreign policy, wars, regime change is to the benefit of big business. You just got to follow the money.

Sad, but true.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

on top of that the only areas that have any sort of real say are marginal seats. Occasionally is a freak result in safe seats, but eg on elections I dont see high profile ministers here, they dont need to bother the election result is already known.

marginal seat areas are also more likely to get government investment. But of course only enough to make things seem better than the previous government.

I think its quite clear in recent years that government works for banks and large companies. The only reason we havent had a revolution i because the media has kept the population in check.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4043 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks