IDS is misleading the public again!!!

joeski
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4037 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Invest in building much needed homes, providing jobs, money to spend to boost the economy, take people out of unemployment and off benefits.

Simples!

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There should be a thread on here for the benefit of IDS. The fella can't do right for doing wrong. For all of those in this country that are objecting to the reforms, maybe they should stand up and tell the rest of us how they would solve the budget imbalance. Much criticism, but not much in the way of helpful advice and alternative policies.

i wouldn't know where to start with IDS, everything he does is wrong and imho he may as well have not been born because he is no help to anyone.

what has IDS done right, exactly?

IDS has done nothing right, i can't wait for the day he falls and David Cameron kicks him out of the goverment for good. then i won't have to look at his ugly face every time there is a welfare related news story :)

Tbh I don't think any one person can be blamed for this. It's all been agreed in parliament.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Tbh I don't think any one person can be blamed for this. It's all been agreed in parliament.

tbh i think all the blame should be placed at IDS's door, he is responsible and should be punished for his mistakes.

That would not raise very much! Evasion of taxes is miniscule.

Just take DLA as one example - where else would they find close to £3bn a year of savings?

Could start here I suppose:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/environment/climatechange/9722767/2bn-of-UK-aid-to-help-Third-World-go-green.html

These schemes are great if you have spare money to throw around, which we apparently don't as we are being constantly told.

Pete.

IDS has done nothing right, i can't wait for the day he falls and David Cameron kicks him out of the goverment for good. then i won't have to look at his ugly face every time there is a welfare related news story :)

No way will David Cameron throw IDS out he keeps the lime light off DC when thing go pear shaped. Funny how every time the cons start having bad publicity IDS seem to do something the press love to go ape about.

dpick

No way will David Cameron throw IDS out he keeps the lime light off DC when thing go pear shaped. Funny how every time the cons start having bad publicity IDS seem to do something the press love to go ape about.

dpick

well from what i've heard Cameron has already tried to kick IDS out..the press do not love IDS, they probably just feel sorry for him and his demented ways :)

There should be a thread on here for the benefit of IDS. The fella can't do right for doing wrong. For all of those in this country that are objecting to the reforms, maybe they should stand up and tell the rest of us how they would solve the budget imbalance. Much criticism, but not much in the way of helpful advice and alternative policies.

Many of us have already said how they would reduce the defecit, but the fact you even asked the question indicates you have been gravely misled.

The first issue been the deficit is not even a big problem, its much smaller than it has been historically.

The second issue been is you feel you need to ask the question when the government are spending money on huge tax cuts (yes tax cuts is spending money). As well as budgeting for a new high speed rail line and giving rich people money for mansions.

Many of us have already said how they would reduce the defecit, but the fact you even asked the question indicates you have been gravely misled.

The first issue been the deficit is not even a big problem, its much smaller than it has been historically.

This is precisely correct. The deficit is not important, and the actions being taken to "fix" this non-problem are making things worse. I agree with Caro. We should be investing in infrastructure projects (including HS2, IMO) to stimulate economic growth. We should also reinstate public sector workers who've been laid off.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Whilst you are right HS2 is a stimulas I did mention that as the poster seems obsessed with cuts, yet all those backing these policies seem to think there is mass cuts everywhere when the reality is 90% is on social security.

Where does this magic £26000 come from? Take off HB which goes directly to landlords, and CT benefit which goes directly to LA's and not the claimants pocket contrary to what IDS and the Mail would have the Angry of Mayfair brigade believe, and then print what's left.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

you never see stories like that about MP's expenses.

MP's think it's right and proper to accept handouts from the public purse for expenses, I call it scrounging.

Everybody has to pay their outgoings from their salary except MP's, I call that unfair advantage.

How can these people can look down on us mere mortals with disdain when they are the bigger offenders?

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

I wasn't talking about benefit fraud - I never mentioned it.

what I am talking about is the amount of money that has to be saved out of the Welfare Budget to balance the books. For DLA alone they need to save £3bn a year.

Ask yourself why savings are being made out of the welfare budget. The official statistics show 90% of government savings are against welfare, why.

The government never seem to mention where else they are imposing savings

The latest statement from Duncan smith stated

"If you listen to what I am saying, you will understand the reality is that this country is not cutting welfare, it is managing the growth at a lower level."

So he admits its the lowest people in society having to pay, not big business etc

He really is a vile little man

i want to work but i don't think the current system will help me that much, IDS has no right to dictate to anyone about anything..he is a deluded tw*t who wouldn't know the truth if it came up and smacked him round his ugly face!

Where does this magic £26000 come from? Take off HB which goes directly to landlords, and CT benefit which goes directly to LA's and not the claimants pocket contrary to what IDS and the Mail would have the Angry of Mayfair brigade believe, and then print what's left.

Why take those off? If you were working you would have to pay them out of income anyhow.

It's a direct comparison. salary/wages or benefits, it doesn't really matter. Except that wages are earned and benefits are paid for by those that earn!

So you could say that those that work and earn a income not only pay for their own rent and council tax but end up paying towards someone else's as well.

MP's think it's right and proper to accept handouts from the public purse for expenses, I call it scrounging.

Everybody has to pay their outgoings from their salary except MP's, I call that unfair advantage.

How can these people can look down on us mere mortals with disdain when they are the bigger offenders?

Employees working in private industry also are paid expenses. Why just pick on MP's? If the large expense accounts were removed from senior employees, the price that the public would pay for their product would be cheaper - British Gas as an example.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4037 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks