BankFodder BankFodder

Martynandemma

MKDP chasing old Welcome finance debt - SB'd?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1843 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

i can set up a standing order for it or dd

I have e-mailed a complaint to the OFT so lookin forward to that one

think i will draft a letter tomorrow. Not been well today!!

will keep you posted

Hi Marty

Do not set up a DD..THEY will be able to change it, set up S/O as you are in control of it!!!

hope you feel better soon!!

b-o-2

ANYBODY WHO NEEDS INFO ON YOUR LEHMANS MORTGAGE

either SPML/PML/LMC/SPPL; the following are DIRECT tel#s,

of the investigating & prosecuting organisations: DONOT say you are from CAG-only directly affected or a concerned citizen.

1. Companies House: Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

2. CH : Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia(MD) for SPML/PML) @ 02920 380 643

3. CH : Mark Youde(accounts compliance) @ 02920 380 955

4. Companies Investigation Branch(CIB) : Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108

(part of the Insolvency Service) investigating all the Lehman lenders

5. CIB : Jeremy Pilcher('unofficial'-consumer/company lawyer) : @ 0207 637 6231

File YOUR 'Companies Investigation Branch'- CIB complaint online NOW!!!!

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/complaintformcib.htm

i totally agree with B-O-2, a standing order is the only way to go, the problem with that is you have to get their details from them, which might be hard to get, again put it in writing that you would like their bank details so you can resume a "regular payment" by standing order, and that you would prefer to pay by standing order as you are trying to sort yourself out finacially and you will have better control of your finances with standing orders. its your choice as to whether or not you tell them again you can only pay £5 each time, but at least if it goes to court you are showing the court that welcome were aware that you are struggling and you have tried to make an offer.

sorry you are not feeling well

ring nottingham, ask for their bank sort code and account number...for your bank to make payment...use your surname and welcome account number as the reference on the standing order....easy peasy really!

b-o-2

ANYBODY WHO NEEDS INFO ON YOUR LEHMANS MORTGAGE

either SPML/PML/LMC/SPPL; the following are DIRECT tel#s,

of the investigating & prosecuting organisations: DONOT say you are from CAG-only directly affected or a concerned citizen.

1. Companies House: Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

2. CH : Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia(MD) for SPML/PML) @ 02920 380 643

3. CH : Mark Youde(accounts compliance) @ 02920 380 955

4. Companies Investigation Branch(CIB) : Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108

(part of the Insolvency Service) investigating all the Lehman lenders

5. CIB : Jeremy Pilcher('unofficial'-consumer/company lawyer) : @ 0207 637 6231

File YOUR 'Companies Investigation Branch'- CIB complaint online NOW!!!!

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/complaintformcib.htm

ah there are ways around it..lol

I know our local office would refuse :p

I already have their bank details from last year I assume they are still the same

just phone up and confirm it if you are unsure, but i doubt they would have changed it :)

Welcome are srangely quiet at the moment not seen or heard from them since the door visit.

Not sure what my next move should be as I am trying to sort my life out and they are a big cloud hanging over my head.

Just know that when i am not ready for them they will pounce.

One sort of good news is that i have lost my mobile so they cant contact me on that LOL!!

I Believe The Anouncement Any Day Now Will Be That A Winding Up Order Will Be Forced On Cattles

There Is A Gm At Cattles Tomorrow

We Will Know More Then

some body will pick up these accounts

cattles will bundle them up and sell to the highest bidder

when cattles gets wound up, it could take months and months to sort out

every body is playing this by ear at the moment

OK, sounds like fun so heres a cenario for you

1. Cattles wind up & sell my account to...lets say Moorecroft

2. Moorecroft contact me for payment of the full amount of £9000 +

3. I reply saying that I feel contract is not binding due to unfair contract terms so I dispute debt

What are the rights of any company who buy the debts off of cattles

Well It Wont Be A Company Like Moorcroft/dca

The Auditors Will Sell These Accounts Bargin Basement To Venture Capalists Who Will Inturn Sell It Down The Food Chain

This Is The Problem Cattles/auditors Will Have

They All Know These Accounts Are Crap

Misselling, The Lot

They Prob Will Ask For Payment In Full As The Loans Will Be Called Inn And They Would Want There Pound Of Flesh.

It Will Be Very Easy To Put These Accounts Into Dispute

Before These Accounts Are Sold The Shreader Will Be Working Over Time At Cattles

Catch My Drift With Out Getting Cagbooted

Post, Im waiting for my SAR so at the moment, so welcome think all is well with my account, no arrears, no complaints etc. So if they were to go and account got sold on, can I then not dispute my account with new company cause I hadn't already done so with welcome ?

It will be easier if you complain now. Time limits will already have kicked in etc, and your case will be stronger if you have to carry on the dispute with the new owners of your account.

Remember, at each stage of the process, each new owner will HAVE to send you a valid Notice of Assignment. If any one of them fails to do so, the assignment will not be effective, and they will have no right to enforce jack sheet.

Totally Agree Fester

Look At The Problems Marlin And Go Debt Are Having Ref The Yes Car Accounts

Total Lemons

Just been going through some paper work & just realised something.

They sent me a letter dated 9/7/09 informing me that the hp account was terminated & that full balance was now due.

Soooo why did they send a bloke to my address to pay them monthy payments ??

If this ever gets to court I will need 3 days just to explain what they have done wrong!! (wasting courts time LOL!)

got a statement letter Friday, how can they carry on adding to this account when they sent a letter saying account was closed ??

dont know if anyone wants this address

Welcome Finance

Customer relationship centre

Bishops House

Abbeyfield Road

Lenton

Nottingham

NG7 2SZ

tel 0845 219 8459

e-mail: CRC@wfs.co.uk

mon-fri 9AM til 19:30PM

sat 9 - 12 noon

been very quiet lately not heard from them in 2 months now

morning all,

just been going through my old posts & realised I never got an answer on this question (see below)

I took out an agreement with welcome finance in 2004 for a car that I needed for work. after a year I had to resign or the company told me I would be sacked. I was unemployed for almost a year & could not keep up with the payments. In the end we decided to refinance the agreement so I could make affordable payments.

When the original loan was paid off I do not think that the PPI was refunded plus something called short fall insurance which I have no idea about. I believe that the ppi was miss-sold as I would not of agreed to it had I known that I could not claim if I was unemployed. Also they did not explain the PPI properly & as I had been kept waiting for a car for almost 8 hours I just wanted to get out of there.

I now owe £7000 for a car worth about £1500.

I will be very interested in knowing if it is legal to put a finance charge that amounts to 2/3ds of the worth of the vehicle. Also finance charges of £1300 on insurances that I did not ask for.

many thanks

Martyn

PS

since this question was asked I had the car stolen from a place I thought was safe. The car was uninsured at the time but was listed as SORN

Hi martynandemma

I've seen some of your posts so I assume you've been down the CCA/SAR routes.

As you know, PPI doesn't cover for a voluntary termination of employment, but, without wanting to be nosey, what were the circumstances behind you being forced to resign from work? I'm just wondering if it would fall under constructive dismissal.

When you re-signed with Welcome, there should have been a rebate on all the insurances.

The shortfall won't pay out if the vehicle was uninsured.

Do you have all current and past paperwork? Including an up to date statement?

The vast majority of insurance miss-selling complaints against WF are upheld - I would bet if you got that refuded and claimed back all the dodgy charges, plus 8% stat interest you'd see that £7k melt away.

As for the legality of the amounts of finance, I think that would be a dead end - morally wrong but I'm not aware of any legal precedent although I'd love to be proved wrong.

T2

Ok in answer to the above

When I left my job it was a case of leave or we will sack you.

re the welcome re sign I got a partial refund of insurances, a few other things I have found out. they didnt carry out a statement of means check on the insurances but they did on the 2 restructured agreements.

I am going to get stuff into order & try to send postggj copies of all. There is a lot of it though. I will send what I think is relavent. I would like to take them to court & get money back from them.

how is that letter coming along post ?

I know you r busy so I will be patient :)

Another puzzle in the great world of welcome f ??

OK they sent me a default notice "without prejudice" hoho! on the 03/06/2009 so perhaps they would like to explain below which is on my credit file. Now I assume that they are saying they put the default on 14 days after issue but that doesnt explain the current balance of 6522 & if they are sticking to this then why r they still charging for letters sent calls made etc & why did a chap call at my door 6 weeks ago asking for months money or return of the car which they know was stolen 2 years ago. Looks like they can travel time to updated to the 11/10/2009

Company name: WELCOME FINANCIAL SERVICES LTD

Account type: Hire purchase/Conditional sale

Started: 31/08/2007

Default Balance: £8,898

Current Balance: £6,522

Repayment Period: Monthly Payment: £78 over 121 months

Defaulted On: 18/06/2009

File Updated for the Period to: 11/10/2009

I have found gold!!!

Post what do you think of this one,

A letter from Romford office on Welcome F headed paper

Date 03/12/2008

Account number (hand written)

balance (hand written) 9030.30

Dear (my name hand written!)

WITHOUT PREJUDICE

FAILURE TO READ THIS LETTER MAY RESULT IN LEGAL PROCEEDINGS

You are hereby served under Section 87 (1) of the Consumer Credit Act with a DEFAULT NOTICE. We intend to exercise our rights to enforce collection of monies owed unless you clear your arrears no later than 5th December 2008 your full arrears are currently £ (hand written)493.98

Be advised that should you fail to contact me and legal action becomes necessary we may apply through the courts to one of the following: Attachment of Earnings and or repossesion of the assets.

We strongly urge you to telephone immediately with your intentions. Provided a minimal payment of your monthly contractual payment of £ (hand written) 78.22 is received before the advised date, no further action will be taken, there are also other options available to you as of next month if you are struggling with ongoing payments but this need to be discussed in detail, please call the local office on 01708 776 040.

Yours sincerely

(signed with a squiggle)

Welcome Financial services.

So post what do you think, btw dont suppose you could ring the office to see if they r still running !!

are they allowed to charge interest on acceptance fee & option fee

how do you work out if they r charging the correct apr

& in my other post I am asking if a handwritten default notice can be taken to be used as an invalid default as they have effectively defaulted me twice

Postggj, I am putting together a list of flaws & concidering legal action as if none of the contracts are legit I want to sue for my money back (all of it or just charges & PPI etc) I dont want to be greedy but I concider all the stress & anguish they have caused me in the past & almost cost me my marriage in the process, the harassment, the lies, the fact that in the telephone notes they call me a trouble maker amongst other things.

Any help as ever greatfully received

Not sure about charging interest on the acceptance fee, a few people are querying his at the mo. As for the option fee, they don't charge interest on this. It's only payable when you have made all your other installments.

It looked like I was being charged interest on the option fee on my agreement too but after closer inspection of my statement I noticed the opening balance had the option fee deducted. (amount on there was total amount payable minus the deposit and option fee).

If you have a statement of price you'll see that your monthly payment is made up of: payment towards the car and associated interest, payment towards the acceptance fee and payment towards the insurances (if you have any).