Tax credits total confusion

RXQueen
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4057 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there. Hope I can get this as straight as possible as I'm confused & need help.

Partner made redundant (no pay out of redundancy) 06/12/12. Duly called tax credits who awarded 4 week run on & then amended to my income only with disability element for WTC.

I was sacked end of jan 2013 called tax credits. They awarded another 4 week run on.

Income for both of us & 2 kids is partner JSA©, chb & my dla. Well below the approx 30k when we were both working. My income was approx £12k pa.

After the 2nd 4 week run on our ctc dropped from £74pw to £35pw for 2 kids & they insist although not working am entitled to £3.04 pw wtc. This means we can't claim free school meals.

I have spoken to hmrc as we can't afford to live like this & feed a family of 4. They won't make any changes till April as so close to end of tax year. I've explained about non entitlement to wtc they insist we get it & appreciate "times are hard"

I haven't claimed on my partners jsa as I'm going through an appeal with work. Think ill have to claim now & deal with any overpayment at a later date should I get my job back.

We have to pay £60pcm rent arrears (court order) plus £10 pw services which we cannot afford.

Any advice? I'm planning to call hmrc tomorrow again. Can they do this to us? Payments went up when he lost his job but since losing mine they've halved yet our income is more than 10k lower.

Thanks