BankFodder BankFodder

Retty

Child Benefit Query

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2579 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi, my daughter (19, and at college) moved out last Tuesday - I started to notify everyone today (emailed Child Benefit & Local Council & tried unsuccessfully to get through the Tax Credits). Whilst doing my 'domestic admin' I noticed on my online bank account that CB had gone in on the 4th but for 3 Weeks and not 4 weeks amount. I work fulltime so don't claim housing or anything like that. Just seems odd re the underpayment, I only emailed them today to advise that she moved out on the 5th. Is it possible that my daughter has claimed something in her own right and told them before me? (she was still coming home up until Tuesday albeit usual coming home late etc) Worried about this aswell as her as she seems to have gone a bit 'off the rails' lately and is very secrective (feels like I am the enemy) :|

If the CBO found out about her claiming any benefits in her own right, they would have up until 5pm Thursday 28th to update your circumstances on the system to cause the underpayment, so if she moved out on the Tuesday, it is possible.

If you give the helpline a call they should be able to tell you why the payment was less than usual.

Edited by Jessica87