Tk MAXX shopping lifting question

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4062 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

When i was 14 years old, i got caught shop lifting from tk maxx. They took me into a back room and took down my name, address and other details. The police well called and dropped me outside of my home with a document explaining what had happened. Then i got a letter in the post for a £40 fine, i paid it and nothing else has happened. A couple of years later ( now ) i was thinking will this be on my record and stop me from getting a job ?

Are you sure it was a fine? Who was it from? If it was from the police or courts, then yes, although after a few years it would be considered spent and would only be shown on an enhanced report. If it was from a company such as RLP, then you got fleeced and then no, it wouldnt, as they are a private company and have no relevance towards the law.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Are you sure it was a fine? Who was it from? If it was from the police or courts, then yes, although after a few years it would be considered spent and would only be shown on an enhanced report. If it was from a company such as RLP, then you got fleeced and then no, it wouldnt, as they are a private company and have no relevance towards the law.

I think it was a fine but i am un-sure and i had to pay Tk-Maxx the money, so it must of been through them

If you are worried, head to the police station and ask for a copy of your record.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

If you are worried, head to the police station and ask for a copy of your record.

Thanks, the police station is out of the way for me. Do you know if they is a way i can request one online and sent to me from them ?

That im not sure of. I know you can go to the nearest main police station, pay a fee and they can produce one. I had to do it for the job im currently in.

That im not sure of. I know you can go to the nearest main police station, pay a fee and they can produce one. I had to do it for the job im currently in.

Thanks, Do they just print it off or does it take a period of time ?

Might take some time, it differs from area to area. Best way is to go and check. It's really the only way i can advise since you have no paperwork of this "fine", and you cant remember the details.