hire company seizing 750pounds for claim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4057 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello

we hired a van back in october 2012 for 2 days left deposit by credit card and signed paperwork allowing the hire company to charge me 750 insurancs excess we had a little mishap with 3rd party vehicle

no damage to the van not a mark but there was a scratch or mark on third party vehicles rear wheel arch

received a call from the hire company 2 days ago nearly 6 months later to inform us they have received a claim against us for 30,000 pounds for injury to 3 people in the vehicle and it wasnt even our fault

and the hire company want to charge me 750pound excess fee can they do this as this claim is clearly bogus fraudulant and i wont be getting my excess back

can they use my credit card details which they have on file five and a half months later

would appreciate help on this matter

thanks kevin

phone your card company and block them from doing it.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

no wont work

tell them you think its been skimmed or you've compromised the security.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

im not sure what youre saying dx100uk do you mean i think ive been [problem]med and or someone saw me entering my pin no ? can you pm me is that possable on here

Edited by shalford

thought of that one two lets makeamark i have just had a new card sent to me because my old one runs out at the end of the month the one thats on file the security code on the security strip on the back is different

so if i ring the credit card company and tell them that i have lost the old card do you think that will work

Edited by shalford

tell them your new casrds security has been compromised, you know someone saw your pin number.

dx

and they

reported my wallet lost with both cards and pin number in there aswell written down on paper for reminder

hope it works

The money will be taken from the account that the card is connected to, not the card itself, 'losing' the card may not stop the payment.

Edited by Raykay

The money will be taken from the account that the card is connected to, not the card itself, 'losing' the card may not stop the payment.

they will still need to use the "old" security data to process the charge though (ie the 3 digits off teh back of the card) and as these are now defunct, the payment should fail.

You can also walk into your nearest branch with a simple letter telling the bank to refuse all transactions to this company.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D