You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Escalate to CEO if no joy.  Is this an English HA?  Are they engaged with TPAS and Tenant Participation/Involvement strategies?
    • please monitor this thread for a reply later on today or tomorrow. However it is a very long story and it will be helpful if you would now follow it up with a bullet pointed chronology without too much narrative. Thanks
    • Hello all   I am in need of a second opinion of what I believe to be a brush off by my travel insurance company regarding a claim for accommodation that I booked in Lanzarote that I was unable to utilise in June.   I submitted a claim with a copy of the email from the hotel advising the accommodation was non refundable, a copy of my credit card statement showing what I paid, the original booking email showing payment which also states it’s non refundable and a copy of the emails from EasyJet cancelling the flights.   I have received a response from the insurance company representatives Travel Claim Services Ltd on behalf of ASDA Travel (underwriters are MAPFRE) referring me back to the credit card company to make a Section 75 claim.   Now I thought this is what travel insurance is for and they are just fobbing me off back to the credit card company as my policy documents clearly state they will pay for any accommodation I cannot recover in the event of advice from the Foreign Office issuing advice not to travel following an epidemic which is pretty much exactly what has happened....   Would this be regarded as a simple breach of contract by not doing what they say they will in the event of the prescribed conditions which have been met and agreed to by the parties or am I over simplifying and would this be considered sufficient as a cause of action should I look to recover my claim using MCOL?   Cheers in advance    Kjun
    • At least you’ve removed the reference to “Freedom pass” (that because this wasn’t a freedom pass abuse case:  showed it was a “cut n paste”). hopefully you’ll get advice on ‘polishing’ this, while keeping it “your own words” (which have more chance of success!)
    • Hi everyoen, i am currently in a battle with DPD as we have not paid outstanding invoices due to them damaging our delivery. We tried very hard to ask for compensation and i have copied the email trial below. I have now jsut received a letter beofre aciton from them. Has anyone got any advice on this please:   Please see the version of events below. I am disgusted with how I have been passed from pillar to post between multiple members of staff, I feel like this is where the confusion has arisen. I keep have to re-explain situations and conversations I have had throughout.   If you don’t mind, I am just going to detail to journey I have been on attempting to sort this claim just so I know we are all on the same page as I do not know how we have come out with a closed claim.   Original consignment raised 14/4 – 9 boxes. 8 out of these 9 boxes were delivered 15/4 and for some strange reason the last box was delivered on the 16th. When I raised this issue asking ‘’why has this consignment been split delivered?’’ I was told that’s just what happens and there’s nothing they can do to stop that happening. I wish this was the only issue with this delivery.   15/16th Our customer telephoned to describe the poor state of these boxes and that the extremely important components inside were rejected due to the great bashing they received during transport.  my managing director, spoke to Jess who originally came to visit us when we first opened our account. He explained the situation and she said she would sort a claim out and look into this for us. 27/4 - I followed up via email with Jess, asking where the claims form was. She mentioned nothing during the above phone call, or on emails about the photographic evidence we would need to claim for our goods (Conveniently!). As if she would have mentioned, we could have taken more photos etc. 29/4 - I received a response from Jess simply saying she had raised the claim. 1/5 – I chased again, as I still had not received a claim email. 4/5 – Someone new emailed from the claims department (no name) to say we could not raise a claim as we had not contacted within 14 days of the delivery saying our first contact was the ‘’29/4’’ I was very confused at this point as Jess above mentioned the claim has been raised and now I was being told we could NOT raise a claim? I replied to this email address (no name) stating the conversation we had regarding the issue the day after the delivery was made – I was then told that this phone call was sufficient as means of conversation and that the claim would be raised. 5/5 – Finally, I received a claims email to start my claim. 5/5 – I was told ‘’For all claims we do require accurate proof of costings ensuring the proof of costs you are uploading onto the claim form matches the value being claimed for.’’ This email came from a new lady called ‘Georgina’ this is exactly what I did which made my claim now for a much higher value. I created a spreadsheet detailing every single penny we had lost on this including, machining, tools, labour, cleaning, packing etc. She also apologised for my experience with DPD. 7/5 I received an ‘’Oops you have missed something’’ I forwarded this onto the claims email address asking what I had missed as I did not understand. 11/5 Someone replied – saying you required photo evidence of external, internal, parcel label and damage. 12/5 I emailed back with my response. Explaining it was very clear there was a DPD Label on the box from the photo evidence. They asked me to describe internal packaging as all they could see was ‘’cardboard trays’’ I felt at this point no one wanted to sort my claim and just find a reason not to get this resolved. Multiple occasions DPD spoke about our packaging, originally with Karan and Jess upon setup of our account and now they were being referred to as ‘cardboard trays’. I had to email back again to say the following ‘’ - they aren’t just cardboard trays they are fitted egg trays. Each component goes into one of the segments and the trays are layered one on top of the other. We then wrap these tightly in shrink wrap to prevent movement. Boxes are then taped up securely, and cut to size if there is empty space in box.’’ 20/5 – Dan phoned, I mentioned that no one had responded to my email about packaging/ evidence. He asked me to resend this on which I did. (see attached as requested by Bianca)   I had someone try to phone a couple of times while I was away at the end of May. I emailed Laura on the 8/6 when I returned to work to say our accounts department would provide DPD with payment dates for outstanding invoices once the claim had been resolved.   9/6 I received a credit for £27.35. I emailed back to ask how I had only received £27.35. I received a response from yet again a new staff member, Bianca, letting me know this was purely a credit for the delivery consignment. ‘’ I can confirm that the credit note is for the carriage costs. Consignment 6801616300 / Claim 824843 is closed because you didn't respond to our further information request.’’ At this point I’m baffled at how the above isn’t sufficient as a response for the information requested? Multiple emails, this may have been as each staff member had to pick up the whole trail as they looked at this issue? I am not sure. However, I responses yesterday to say that I had no idea why this shad been closed as I had responded to every email/request I received.   It seems your outcome to this issue had just been to close the claim when it hs been anythign but resolved
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 7 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
ivan1111961

voluntary car reposesed, what do i do now

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2659 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

hi all

im in need of some advice, i had a car on finance at the end of last august, the car was £3000 and with finance made it just under £4000

i brought the car from stockport i live in nottingham, i collected the car but by the time i arrived home the drivers side window had fallen down and would not go back up, i phoned the car sales and he told me to bring it back in and they would have a look, so i did and they looked and it had come out of the runner, they put it back in and i returned to go home only for it to come out 20 miles down the road,

i returned to the car dealer where they spent another hour or more to fix it, i returned home for it to last 2 days before it happened again, i phoned them back up and they said theyd need the car about a week to fix it, this time they colleted it and i went up after about 4 days when they phoned me and told me it was ready, it lasted for 2 days before it dropped again,

i phoned them and they said they had tried and they didnt know what to next but would get in touch with me, i couldnt use the car because i had taped a black bin liner to the hole where the window was so i couldnt enter the car from that side because of all the tape, (the car was a Peugeot cabriolet)

3 weeks went by and didnt hear anything from the dealer, during that time i found a small lump on my chest i had it checked out, and waited for the results so the car was the least of my worries, the lump turned out to be cancer and that it was terminal, that was on the 09/10/12, on the 11/10/12 i wrote a letter to the finace company expaining the situation and added a copy of my hospital report and told the that my daughter would be acting on my behalf and added her phone number

i also phoned the finance company on the same day and told them of my situation and that i had to retire from work so i would not have the money to pay the monthly payments (i had only made 1 payment) they told me i had 2 options, the first being to ask the car dealer to take the car back the other was to give the car back to the finace company,

i tried the dealer and they didnt want to know so i rang the finace company and told them i would like it reposessed, that was 13/10/12

i never heard another word from them about reposessing the car, but i did get at least 1 phone calllink3.gif a day from thier credit department saying i was late with the payment, i explained to the first caller and told him of my ill health and that i had wrote a letter asking not to contact me but my daughter who was dealing with my finances, but that didnt stop them the phone callslink3.gif kept comming and i had to keep explaining my situation because it was always a diferent,

that went on for two weeks, after that i never heard another word no phone calls or anything written untill 18/ 01/13 when i had a phone calllink3.gif saying they would collect the car on the 21/1/13, they came but would not drive it because it had a screw in the tyre , i said i would change the wheel it wouldnt take me 5 minuites so he said he would wait in his car as it was raining, there car was parked around the corner,

i changed the wheel an walked around to where they had parked but they had gone, i rang the finance company and told them and all they said they could do was to rearrange the collection, for the 23/1/13, this time they came and drove it away giving me no paper work due to there hand held device not working nor was i asked to sign anything.

i then didnt hear anything from them untill 03/03/13 when i received a letter saying i owe them £ 2795 and could have 20% off if i paid immediately,

i do not have any savings and are on benifits esa and dla with no other money coming in, i have been stressed out since receiving this letter and i dont know what to do, advice would be greatly appreciated .

Edited by Conniff

So was the window ever fixed ?

someting funny

offering a discount.

who is this please

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

No the window was never fixed properly, i had a friend who put it back in the runner the day before it was collected, but it dropped half way when they opened the door.

The finance company is motornova

Hi ya everyone i am ivans brother in law ! I have watched him getting very stressed out with the way theese animals have treeted him ! they have been harrassing him by phone using different mobile phone numbers ?with all the health problems he has he could well do without theese evill a^sholes giving him grief thanks for the future help from cag a great forum

Hi all

I received a second letter today asking me to contact them by telephone

can i reply by mail and ask only be contacted by mail ?

and am i in my rights to ask for a breakdown of the sum of money they have asked for ?

Yes, you are entitled to a breakdown of anything claimed.

who is this please answer post 5 questions

no do not phone them

this smacks of them trying to fleece you

only desperate people

constantly phone

those that shout the loudest in the debt game

are usually those with something to hide

hence the discount.

dx

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

evening

does not look like you are getting much help

do you still have the finance agreement with the terms and conditions

Hi dx100uk

the finace company is............MOTORNOVA

Edited by ivan1111961

evening

Hello Squaddie

Yes i still have finance agreement with the terms and conditions

Edited by ivan1111961

evening

please respond

Hello Squaddie

Yes i still have finance agreement with the terms and conditions

have a look at the section in the terms and conditions headed "termination and your rights"

what does it say about illness and death

Thanks Squaddie

just been through the terms and conditions "termination and your rights"

and there is nothing at all there about illness and death

did you have any PPI or other Micky mouse insurance on the agreement

No we didnt have any ppi or any other insurance with it

the garage where we brought the car from never brought up the subject of ppi

have you received any letters over this

the one i am after is a letter saying, Default notice served under 87(1) of the consumer credit act 1974

sorry posted twice

Edited by ivan1111961

You need to check your credit file to see if the account has been defaulted

Just read through the letters they have sent meand i have 1 from 15/01/13 headed........

"notice of default sums under section 86E of the consumer credit act 1974 because you are behind with your payments" this was sent whilst i was trying to get the to accept the car back

and the other two for full payment one on the 08/02/13 and 02/03/13, both headed "without prejudice"

You need to check your credit file to see if the account has been defaulted

Squaddie

how do i do that

you can do online experian or equifax

its free for the first 28 days, as soon as you download your file, cancel the subscription or it will cost you £15 a month thereafter