Dan X

Fedex Damaged Parcel Contents, Please Help!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2410 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello all, I'm just looking for some advice/opinions on where I stand with this.

I send a parcel from UK to Los Angeles with Fedex. A few days later I got an email from the recipient to say that the contents was damaged and that the box that I sent the items in looked more round than square, was dirty and looked as if it had been kicked all the way to its destination. Shocking, especially giving the amount I paid (£140) with full declared value of £2500. The total value of the damage amounts to around £1000.

I have contacted Fedex to complain about this and to submit a compensation claim for the damage. I emailed them photos of the damaged parts along with the email correspondence from the recipient of the parcel. However they now say that they need photos of the box and the internal packaging used. By the time they asked for this, the box/packaging had already been binned by the recipient.

I think they are trying to blame me for not using adequate protective packaging. I have no photo proof of the packaging that I used, however I have invoices/receipts for packing materials such as bubble wrap and foam 'void fill' which was used in the parcel.

This is clearly a case of heavy handed incompetence by fedex. The once square box was beaten round and dirty! :-x

Any advice on how I should proceed with this would be very much appreciated as I feel like an underdog taking on goliath.

Is there a regulatory body that I can appeal to if fedex refuse to pay compensation or are they totally self regulating when it comes to paying out insurance?

Many Thanks. Dan X