Toshiba Laptop from Very Catalogue

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4051 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

Just want to pick your brains on something.

I purchased a Toshiba Laptop from Very Catalogue, which was delivered on February 28th 2013, just over a week ago.

I switched the Laptop on and it started to go through the process of setting itself up etc, all good so far.

Then it shut down during the process. Not a good start. After three tries I managed to finally get the Laptop setup.

Since then, everyday and several times a day, I get the horrible 'Blue' screen fault. Having Googled the error it seems to be a Lan driver problem. I did the usual, full recovery (twice) download latest drivers from Toshiba, uninstall, reinstall drivers - full virus scans, basically everything I can think of. Still the problem goes on.

I contacted Very, who as expected, kindly informed me to go to Toshiba. So Toshiba will no doubt come and take the Laptop, have it for weeks before bringing it back either fixed or unfixed. What I am mad about is the Laptop is so new and has never worked properly from day one, I can't imagine it working at all in a years time!

Basically I have told Littlewoods (Very) that I want a full refund, but they are playing the "Go to the manufacturer" game. I don't want a repair. I know under the Sale of Goods Act the item has to be of Satisfactory Condition and Fit for purpose.

I have spelt this out to Very, but alas I keep getting the same message -"Go to Toshiba, we are not responsible." What I want to know basically is where do I stand? I want a full refund end of.

Your advice will be appreciated.

Jack

Thanks for your advice.

Therein lies the problem. I have already clearly stated I want a FULL refund, thus they have twice now re-directed me to the Manufacturer.

I have now once again emailed them with a specific sentence of "I am rejecting the goods". I await their respose.

Jack

it this the only item on your littlewoods cat?

if so refuse to pay the bill

or is this on BNPL?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Unfortunately I have other stuff.

This is their response to my complaint (although I am sending one by post today):-

"Thank you for your email about the faulty Toshiba Intel Core laptop.

Have you contacted the Toshiba helpline?

This is stated in our terms and conditions that we will refer you to the supplier helpline if an electrical item develops a fault.

All you need to do is contact the helpline confirm the item has a hardware fault. Once this is confirmed as the item is under 28days old we will happily replace or refund the item.

If you do not contact the helpline to have the fault diagnosed we cannot help you further.

Apologies for any inconvenience."

Just about to contact the helpline for consumers to see what they say, the damn laptop is 11 days old lol.

Cheers guys

By stating that you must contact the manufacturer as quoted in the terms and conditions is a complete rubbish and completely irrelevant, They cannot underwrite statute, which clearly states that your complaint is with the retailer.

Could you let us know how you get on as I just purchased the same laptop a few weeks ago, (Albeit not through mail order) and cannot access word as it comes up with an error and closes down.

Edited by Crocdoc

By stating that you must contact the manufacturer as quoted in the terms and conditions is a complete rubbish and completely irrelevant, They cannot underwrite statute, which clearly states that your compliant is with the retailer.

Could you let us know how you get on as I just purchased the same laptop a few weeks ago, (Albeit not through mail order) and cannot access word as it comes up with an error and closes down.

Well I just spoke to the Consumer Helpline through CAB and they state the same as you guys, that it's Littlewoods that need to deal with this and not Toshiba. I have been advised to put it in writing rather than email so a letter is about to be sent.

These damn big companies, why do they always try and stamp on their customers? I just don't get it :p

I didn't even get a free version of word on my Laptop! So I don't know if it would have worked or not lol.

I will keep you guys informed for sure.

Jack

Hi all

Spoke to Toshiba, they said the Laptop is faulty, as in hardware.

Phoned catalogue who, only after me speaking to Toshiba, agreed to return the item for a full refund.

Feel pretty cheesed off :mad2: about going through Toshiba but the end result was what I wanted.

I did have a phone call from Trading Standards who were also very peeved with Littlewoods attitude, so at least they are aware of Littlewoods and if any body else contacts them they know what they are dealing with.

Either way, having sites like this one would have made me confident I would have beat them in the end.

thanks all

Jack