Fashion World causing me sleepless nights, 10% upfront fee and no refund of interest

Win2Kuser

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3185 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello there, and thanks for reading :)

Back in December 2012, I complained to Fashion World that a Silentnight bed I had bought from them in March 2012 was completely useless. After 3 months, they have finally agreed to refund me my money and allow me to order a replacement. Great! Or so I thought...

I rang through on Monday 4th March and placed an order without problem, put in a 10% off voucher code, the chap I spoke to (didn't get his name) adjusted the order to reflect the 10% off, and said that he would also adjust it so I wouldn't have to pay the £55 delivery fee.

On the Thursday 7th, I received a letter that stated that Fashion World were unable to supply the bed I had ordered and that an alternative had been ordered instead. I rang them up to find that the bed they had replaced my choice with, was unsuitable. I asked them to cancel that order, and I would find a replacement myself.

I attempted to place the order online, but the voucher code I had previously been given was not being accepted by the system, so I rang the order through. I spoke to a delightfully helpful (not being sarcastic) rep, who talked me through the order. She said that it had come up on her system that I had to pay a 10% up-front fee before she could complete the order, when I asked why as I had never had to do that before, she said, don't worry about it, it's just one of those things that come up from time to time. She placed the order, adjusted the total to reflect the voucher code and once again, removed the delivery fee. Job was a good'un :)

So this morning (Sat 9th March), I logged in to find that no order had been placed :(

I've just got off the phone having been told that they will not place the order unless I pay 10%, and nothing I said would make any difference. I was told that no order had been placed on Monday, or on the Thursday even though it was showing on the system as cancelled!

So here I am confused as to why I now have to pay 10% on a catalogue account on which I have nearly £2000 credit available. I am unable to pay the 10% as I don't have it until I get paid at the end of the month.

I'm on the verge of telling them to shove the whole thing and get the bed from elsewhere.

One question though, I have been refunded into my credit account the value of the original bed, but not as yet the £55 I paid extra for delivery. As I have paid interest at 34.1% for the last 12 months, can I ask for that back too? If so, can I have it paid into my own bank (that I paid it from), or would it have to be credit account?

Many thanks in advance if you are able to help me :)

Wow, I just re-read through that now that I've calmed down, and it sure is a lot of rambling. I guess I just don't like being lied to and told that an order is all confirmed and a delivery date set only to find that it hadn't been ordered at all. Twice!

The main question for me really is, can I ask for the money back I've paid in interest over the last 12 months?

The bed was not fit for purpose and has been refunded in full, but only into my credit account - I've paid roughly £130 in the last 12 months on the bed in interest at 34.1%, so should I get that back as well, and if so, paid into my bank?

Thanks