knowhow returning laptop after 6 days unrepaired?

toodoo9011
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3773 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Agreement? You mean their useless insurance?

Can you elaborate more on the damage? How long have you had the laptop for?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi toodoo9011

Welcome to CAG please be patient as its the weekend it may be quiet but you will get the wisdom of the other caggers, please have a look around the forums and other theads in the mean time.

Could you please try to give us a better description of your issue and remember the insurance/warrenty does not override your right under the Sale of Goods Act (SOGA)

1. When did you purchase the Laptop?

2. What exactly is the fault with the laptop?

3. When did you report the fault initially and to who?

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Hey stu

The op said it was an accidental damage issue so he wouldn't be able to invoke sale of goods

What sort of accident was it? Fall etc, how badly damaged is the laptop?, have they given a reason? Excessive/negligent/etc

You can do a data protection request for the report they used to reject it

And finally what make is the laptop sounds daft but soe damage a lot more easly than other

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

i would check with that advisor again

unfortunatly due to past accounts on here although stores often promise they cant deliver as all refused repairs have to go through garry perriment

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

i would chase him VERY often then

Please note:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Good luck contacting Mr Perryment, if he does exist

i have sent 2 letters to him personally, both recorded delivery, NO REPLY

i have sent over 30 emails to knowhow at numerous different departments,including claims investigation, and CEO sebastian james, ALL WITH NO REPLY

check out what people think of them here - https://getsatisfaction.com/curryspcworld/topics

check out what BBC watchdog say about them www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/watchdog/2011/10/...

just ring them on these numbers -

0800 0234701

0800 5878787

or

01594 332592

or better still take them to court, make them pay, give their legal team a ring - 01727 202030

and get in touch with the financial ombudsman, BBC watchdog and trading stangards

good luck

• 1 month later...

Peryment does exist, but we have plenty of threads here to back up the fact that he or more so his team, are pretty useless when it comes to customer service. They seem more than happy to take money for silly "insurance", but rarely, if ever actually fix anything.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Not really. Maybe 1-2% of people even know this site exists. Others simply put their head in the sand and write it off as a bad experience

It was a quite frankly absurd statement. No company could get away with rarely, if ever, fixing stuff they are obliged to. All warranties, whatever the product, whatever the retailer has things that aren't covered. The warranty on my boiler states misuse and neglect aren't covered. I also have to service it to keep the warranty intact. If I didn't service it or I somehow used it incorrectly, do you think the warranty company should honour the claim?

Actually a hell of a lot of companies get away with it due to people not knowing their rights. A lot of companies also tend to ignore soga, and also KNOW that their silly warranties are in ADDITION to your statutory rights. We see it here time and time again. Even when people write a formal complaint and quote soga, the company dismisses it outright. It's only after intervention by trading standards or a court claim on their desk that they sit up and follow the law. Even then they call it a gesture of goodwill.