style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4064 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had Whyte & co attended my house for a liability order for a unpaid council tax bill

When I contacted Thurrock council and asked how much I was in arrears

they replied that I wasn't but the fact I didn't pay on or before the 10th of each month I was in breach of the agreement and a liability order was applied for.

I paid the council the outstanding balance that was about £200 and the £90 charge that the council had added for taking out the order.

so now the balance is £0 but the bailiff are saying their fees are owed and that the liability order is still enforceable as there fees of £67 is owed.

Am I correct in thinking that if the balance at Thurrock council is £0 then the liability order is not enforceable.....

If the fees were added before you paid the council, they can still enforce for their fees in the same way using the liability order issued.

None of the beliefs held by "Freemen on the land" have ever been supported by any judgments or verdicts in any criminal or civil court cases.

urm..no

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I had Whyte & co attended my house for a liability order for a unpaid council tax bill

When I contacted Thurrock council and asked how much I was in arrears

they replied that I wasn't but the fact I didn't pay on or before the 10th of each month I was in breach of the agreement and a liability order was applied for.

I paid the council the outstanding balance that was about £200 and the £90 charge that the council had added for taking out the order.

so now the balance is £0 but the bailiff are saying their fees are owed and that the liability order is still enforceable as there fees of £67 is owed.

Am I correct in thinking that if the balance at Thurrock council is £0 then the liability order is not enforceable.....

Looks like it was passed to bailiff because of that late payment on or before the 10th of each month and a liability order was applied for. but don't the council have to let the person know this. something like further action steps .

Edited by matt v atos

Looks like it was passed to bailiff because of that late payment on or before the 10th of each month and a liability order was applied for. but don't the council have to let the person know this. something like further action steps .

They should, and give a chance to catch up, but the system is automated and a kangaroo court exercise with LOs going through in bulk, basically the council hires the court and the magistrates rubber stamp them, Everything possible is done to prevent a debtor summoned to NOT go in front of the magistrates. The whole process is a travesty.

Edited by brassnecked

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Funny thing is we over paid last year and took over 2 months to get the money back and the crappy excuse that they used was the person that authorize the repayment wasn't at work. They asked why not just use the overpayment to pay off this years tax

I think brassenecked may be right the late payment will trigger a default but im sure a further action steps .should go out as well

Just had a look round this seems a common theme on post we didn't know till the bailiff was looking in our window and writing down our car reg.ect ect its happened to me as well I didn't know this must be a common problem.

Edited by matt v atos

As far as I know a Bailiff cannot use a Liability Order to enforce for his fees alone, if the tax arrears payment has been accepted in full by the Council.

He cannot use peaceful entry, or levy on goods, take your vehicle anything like that, and can iirc be kept away by using the withdrawal of implied right of access letter, as he is no longer acting under a valid warrant. At this stage, if you refuse to pay his fees, the only action he can actually take, is to file a personal civil Claim in the County Court to try and gain a CCJ.

And for some reason they never, ever do that. What with there being no contract between he and you to rely on :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I would agree with Caledfwlch, on this, but if the muppet turns up film him even with a phone, to capture his threats, and bluster, he cannot stop you filming him on your premises no matter how he howls he hasn't given you permission data protection etc, You can then use the evidence in any Formal complaint

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

• dx100uk changed the title to Whyte and co - CTAX LO