Mr lender trebled my balance by adding interest. Dodgy default notice too

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4052 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Afternoon all,

Any advice would be appreciated.

I took out a loan with Mr Lender on 15th June 2012. I asked them for to supply my CCA agreement in writing (they sent an email) i told them this email is not acceptable. I downloaded the documents anyway (just to have a look) and everything seems to be in the CCA aggreement.

I also asked them to provide me with a breakdown of charges of the account and the default notice. I will upload the charges below. I think they are unlawful. can someone tell me if that are and how i can claim them back? I was given no notification of the short hand auth code.

15/7/2012 - Original Loan 450

15/7/2012 - Interest 135

17/7/2012 - Fail card payment 20

18/7/2012 - Letter 20 - i recieved no letter

23/7/2012 - Letter 20 - i recieved no letter

5/12/2012 - Interest 172.96

5/12/2012 - Interest 224.85

28/2/2013 - Interest 290.61 (this is the date they recieved the CCA request!)

Total - 1319.20!

I made a few token payments during this time (4 payments totalling around 15) when i was with a DMA but decided i needed to sort it out myself as they were charging to much and they hadnt got all the interest and charges frozen as they stated.

They also included a copy of the default which looks very strange. It is also states on it dated the date of email.....well the email date is 23/02/2013 (the date hasn't even occured yet!). However on my credit file it was defaulted on the 15/07/2012. The date of issue.

(MY NAME) (REF NUMBER) Default Notice

Date of notice: As per this email.

Leanne, Credit Agreement reference number: ********

This notice is being given to you as required by the Consumer Credit Act 1974 because we have charged you the following default sums under your agreement with us. Description of charge,

Amount Late Fee, £20

Letter Fee, £20

Collection Fee, £20

Total: £60

Please contact us on 0208-532-5024 in order to discuss the state of your agreement.

This Notice does not take account of default sums which we have already told you about in another default sum notice, whether or not those sums remain unpaid.

Interest

We are not entitled to charge you interest on the default sums for the first 28 days after we have given you this notice. However if the sum is not paid in full by that date interest will be charged at the rate of 30% per month.

Signed (NAME) Head of collections.

Any help would be great.

Thanx Lx

Please add to my reputation....

SUCCESS - Capital One PPI, Three Mobile charges, Orange Mobile charges, MBNA PPI

Wonga, Lowell, MMF 2 accounts, Provident x 3 Accounts, (ALL Unable to provide CCA)

I would think that the amount and frequency of the charges could be challenged. Especially if it can be proved that were never sent. It seems a bit OTT to add 3 charges for one missed payment !!

Amount Late Fee, £20

Letter Fee, £20

Collection Fee, £20

If challenged in court they would be expected to "prove" that is the actual cost to them.

They also appear to have added 2 lots of interest on the 5th December - I imagine you could challenge that.

Sadly these PDLs are indeed very expensive if you miss a payment.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi all.

Mr Lender has provided me with a copy of the original CCA but failed to provide me with a copy of the original default. I have been arguing with them back and forth.

They have given me a copy of a standard default but not my original one. No original details, even the date is wrong on it.

I have pointed a few things out to them about the default and they said as a good will gesture they will remove the interest incurred on the balance but not the charges.

I have placed the account in dispute.

For a loan of 450. They were trying to get 1300 out of me. Now as a good will gesture they have taken of the 'interest'. They now want 650 and they want to set up a payment plan. It seems odd to me that they would just reduce the balance like that, unless there was something wrong their end.

I have refused to acknowledge the debt at this stage.

Can someone help me on where to go next now they have failed to provide me with the original default notice (I have asked twice for this notice)?

Regards

Lx

SUCCESS - Capital One PPI, Three Mobile charges, Orange Mobile charges, MBNA PPI

Wonga, Lowell, MMF 2 accounts, Provident x 3 Accounts, (ALL Unable to provide CCA)

Hi can you tell us more about this alledged debt , who is it for and if they are threatening further action. Please upload a redacted copy of your documents in PDF form so we can look for you. Please remove by editing out all personally identifiable markers ie: name ref number bar codes any thing that can identify you then await more advice , someone will come along and offer further advice, by the way it seems there maybe a problem if discounting already so get info up asap

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

Hmmmm! Mr lender discounting???

Maybe they're one of the PDL company's that have been warned to pull their socks up or face losing their license.

Or,

Maybe they know the debt is unenforceable!

Either way, follow the instructions from the previous poster and let us see the edited documents.

Plenty of people here who can offer advice :)

It never rains but it pours...

any charges are unlawful any how

moved you to the PDL forum

plenty of info there

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi below i have posted a copy of their default notice they say is the original one. The default shows on my credit file as:

Loan taken out 15/07/2012 - Balance 450

Default date 15/07/2012 - Balance 500

I dont no how it is possible to take a loan out and default on the same day. This is a copy of the default notice they claimed to have send me. Please take note of the date on it!

(My Name and Ref Number) Default Notice

PDL Finance Limited trading as Mr Lender Address: Suite 105W, Sterling House, Loughton, Essex, IG10 3TS Telephone: 0208-532-5024

Date of notice: As per this email. (Email was dated 22/02/2013)

(My first name), Credit Agreement reference number: ************

This notice is being given to you as required by the Consumer Credit Act 1974 because we have charged you the following default sums under your agreement with us.

Description of charge,

Amount Late Fee, £20

Letter Fee, £20

Collection Fee, £20

Total: £60

Please contact us on 0208-532-5024 in order to discuss the state of your agreement.

This Notice does not take account of default sums which we have already told you about in another default sum notice, whether or not those sums remain unpaid.

Interest We are not entitled to charge you interest on the default sums for the first 28 days after we have given you this notice.

However if the sum is not paid in full by that date interest will be charged at the rate of 30% per month.

Becky

Head of Collections PDL Finance Limited trading as Mr Lender

When I stated that this is not the original default notice issued he kept telling me that it was and that this is all they are required to send me.

He then went away and said he had done some research and this was the original default.

The dates dont even match, how can it be. The guy i was emailing from customer services really tried my patients. So i stated to him he had 7 days to fulfill my request to supply me with the original default notice.

So can anyone suggest what i do next?

Amount Late Fee, £20

Letter Fee, £20

Collection Fee, £20

All unfair and unenforceable.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

But is that enforcable as an original signed copy of a default notice.

Does that mean i can ask them to remove the default as they cannot provide me with a copy of the original default they said they issued to me?

When i asked for a copy of the original this is what they sent me

They are penalty fee's and exist purely to make a profit for the creditor.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

When i sent a cca request to mr lender asking for a copy of the cca and the original default notice as they have applied a default to my to my credit file. They sent me a copy of the cca and this as proof of the original default. What i need to know is does this default notice stand or can i apply to have it removed from my credit file?

Btw, thats not a copy of a default notice. Thats a notice of sums charged.

Thats all they have. What do i do now as they cannot provide me with a default notice. Does that make the default they have put on my credit file wrong?

Does it make the debt unenforceable?

thats a NOSIN [notice of sums in arrears]. it is not a default notice

however, they have prob only marked your cra file with late payment markers

which they can do.

so either way your fruked.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

They havent if you read the first bit they registered the loan and the default on the same day. The loan was taken out on the 15/7/12 and it says on my credit file that i defaulted on loan on the same day. No late payment markers at all.

ah get it removed

complain to the CRA

dx

and they

Who do i complain to at the cra's i had a look and i have no idea what i am doing! What do i do about paying theses guys. When he first said he wud remove all interest it went from 1300 to 650ish. The original loan was 450. What shud i b offering to pay. I will b only making offers after the default has been removed.

I asked him for a breakdown of the 650 left and hr ignored this and kept on about me settle up a payment plan to cover the 650.

Edited by citizenB

stay off the phone that s for sure

use the noddle 'is there aproblem' button on the report page for this debt

ask them why the start and default date are the same as this cannot obv be true

dx

and they

Just for reference all contact with the. Has been made via email. Which i printed of and kept. I will try with noddle in the morning. Thank you